Desired orbit not being shown in map view

This is strange.

First off, system specs:

Windows 7, 64 bit, 16 gig memory

Playing the 32 bit version of the game

Unmodded

Playing career mode

I've accepted a contract to put a satellite into orbit. Now, this is the 2nd time I've accepted this sort of contract. The first time, everything seemed to work ok, contract orbit showed whenever I was in the map view. This time however, the contract orbit which is shown in the map view when I go into the tracking station is shown, is not visible when I'm flying a rocket, even if the rocket is on the pad, or in space.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I did have a few mods installed when I first noticed this (Mechjeb among them). I've removed all the mods and it is now stock again.

It doesn't seem to matter if the focus is the ship or Kerbin.

On a secondary matter which may be related, when I'm flying a ship, if I change the focus to Kerbin by doubleclicking on it, I can't get the focus back to the ship, I have to go out to the space center and then back in via the satellite center.

I also tried deleting the settings.cfg file, nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

This is strange.

First off, system specs:

Windows 7, 64 bit, 16 gig memory

Playing the 32 bit version of the game

Unmodded

Playing career mode

I've accepted a contract to put a satellite into orbit. Now, this is the 2nd time I've accepted this sort of contract. The first time, everything seemed to work ok, contract orbit showed whenever I was in the map view. This time however, the contract orbit which is shown in the map view when I go into the tracking station is shown, is not visible when I'm flying a rocket, even if the rocket is on the pad, or in space.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I did have a few mods installed when I first noticed this (Mechjeb among them). I've removed all the mods and it is now stock again.

It doesn't seem to matter if the focus is the ship or Kerbin.

On a secondary matter which may be related, when I'm flying a ship, if I change the focus to Kerbin by doubleclicking on it, I can't get the focus back to the ship, I have to go out to the space center and then back in via the satellite center.

I also tried deleting the settings.cfg file, nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

It's possible that one of the mods might have modified your save, but it's hard to say for sure without more information. Does the contract still show up in your contract app? Do you have a log file, a save, or a screenshot?

Backspace will reset focus to your active vessel, but what addons were you using? If we know those it may help.

No add-ons at this time.

It's possible that one of the mods might have modified your save, but it's hard to say for sure without more information. Does the contract still show up in your contract app? Do you have a log file, a save, or a screenshot?

Yes, yes, and no

Log file: http://www./download/3762q0s2i276dzg/KSP.log

Save file: http://www./download/nxk6c9hufckbzh4/careersave.zip

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

This is the list of mods that had been installed but which I removed:

Achievements

ActiveTextureManagement, aggressive mode

Chatterer

DistantObject

KSP-AVC

MechJeb2

OblivionAerospace

SafeChute

SmartStage

TriggerTech

SoundingRockets

I did notice that right after I removed the mods and loaded the game, a message was displayed saying that a rocket was not loaded since parts weren't available for it.

Thanks

ActiveTextureManagement, aggressive mode

I think this was the one, I have heard elsewhere that it may be responsible for breaking the icons fineprint uses, but that should not effect the orbits themselves.

But then again who can be totally sure? This may require more than just removal of mods to fix, it may require a re-install :/

Ok.

Thinking about it, I may have had an older copy of ATM installed before they came out with an uupdate for 0.90

I'll set up a new install directory and copy everything in EXCEPT for the ATM, and see what happens. If it works, I'll then put in the latest ATM and see if it breaks.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok.

Thinking about it, I may have had an older copy of ATM installed before they came out with an uupdate for 0.90

I'll set up a new install directory and copy everything in EXCEPT for the ATM, and see what happens. If it works, I'll then put in the latest ATM and see if it breaks.

Thanks

Well, it isn't ATM. still happening. Any other ideas? I'm going to see if I can replicate the process.

Only idea now is to try to narrow it down, if you still have the issue with that savegame on a new install then it's possible the save itself is corrupt, you could start a new save and cheat your way to seeing those contracts using the Alt+F12 debug options.

Well, it seems to be a bug. I just did a clean install, copied in mechjeb since the ship which is currently in orbit needs a part, put in an older version of the save file, it still happens.

I'm wondering, the ship in orbit had previously matched an orbit from an earlier contract. Is it possible that they are conflicting? I just tried destroying the ship, created a new one, and the problem still exists.

So, it seems to be a problem with the orbit map, when viewing the map while flying a ship. Going back to the space center and looking at the tracked objects seems to make it work.

Very odd, because when I did that earlier contract, I was able to see the contract orbit while in the orbit map as well as the tracked objects.

I guess it may be something in the save file because I managed to get it to work doing the following:

1. Accepted another orbit contract, this one around Minmus

2. Was able to view both contract orbits while flying a ship

3. Canceled 2nd contract

4. Still able to see first one in map view

Would like fix the file if I can, any suggestions?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I loaded your save, got a few errors because I'm running a stock install, but I plopped a new ship onto the launchpad without visiting the tracking station. Your orbit is showing up on the map, but you need to focus your camera on Minmus to see it, or a ship orbiting Minmus. If your ship is orbiting Kerbin, the orbit will not show.

This is intentional, it keeps the map from getting cluttered with a lot of stuff.

I loaded your save, got a few errors because I'm running a stock install, but I plopped a new ship onto the launchpad without visiting the tracking station. Your orbit is showing up on the map, but you need to focus your camera on Minmus to see it, or a ship orbiting Minmus. If your ship is orbiting Kerbin, the orbit will not show.

This is intentional, it keeps the map from getting cluttered with a lot of stuff.

uuuhhhh. oh. nuts. expletive-deleted.

I can't believe that I did this. This is really strange, I thought I had a contract for an orbit around Kerbin.

I'm going to have to go over this tomorrow. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Thank you for looking at this. If I made a mistake, please accept my apologies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.