[0.90] KSP Interstellar port maintance thread

Boris-Barboris

I'm having a similar issue to WootEva. Mine stops on WarpPlugin/Parts/Engine/vista/part/vista I *DO* have community resource pack in my gamedata folder but it still freezes up right when it gets there.. Tried multiple times.

Also, I made sure that I had CRP in my gamedata folder and I removed the WarpPlugin folder from gamedata to isolate where the problem was coming from. So, after I loaded it up with WarpPlugin out it started up fine.

When I can't reproduce it on my setup, I can only guess without output_log.txt. It's in KSP_Data folder, upload it and i'll look at it. You're the third one to report this issue, so obviously it's not a simple end-user mistake. Help me to find the cause.

Hi Boris, thank you for maintaining KSP IS!

I can't seem to mine water. The IRSU Refinery also doesn't show any capacity to store water (even though the option to extract water exists and seem to be working). I looked in the .cfgs in interstellar and CRP and Water seems to be referred to as both "Water" and "Lqdwater". I tried editing the cfg to harmonize the nomenclature with very strange results. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

New bug, thank you. I will edit configs for next update. The reason for this is switch to CRP. I didn't find all references of water in mod to replace them with new name.

For some reason I'm only getting 3.1 GW out of an upgraded 3.75M fusion reactor. Not sure what's wrong. I was all set to start building my microwave network, but it's going to take a long time if it's only going to get 5% out of them. They don't seem to get any more output if they scale up with tweakscale, either.

Found out that this was a result of not enough radiators. Apparently I need 20 huge radiators now to cool a fusion reactor. I am sure it wasn't like that before.

I've got some new problems.

1. Cryostats doesn't work correctly. Even if it's powered, the resource in it lose quickly. (or I just misunderstand something?)

2. Fuel mode of thermal nozzle can not be saved. Each time I load a game, it becomes "Liquid" mode though I used "LFO" mode last time.

I've got some new problems.

1. Cryostats doesn't work correctly. Even if it's powered, the resource in it lose quickly. (or I just misunderstand something?)

2. Fuel mode of thermal nozzle can not be saved. Each time I load a game, it becomes "Liquid" mode though I used "LFO" mode last time.

I don't experience neither of those. Tritium is vaporizing very slowly, and thermal rocket nozzle propellant is correctly saved and loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 0.13.6!

-Changed microwave reciever radiator heat clamp. Fix is togglable with RecieverTempTweak option in PuginSettings.cfg (now radiators will heat up to ~3200 from microwave recievers).

-Computer Core now has maximum autopilot capabilities.

-Helium cryostat editor cathegory changed from science to fuel.

-Fixed water and argon resource mining and processing.

Update is small, because I was unable to reproduce following bugs:

-No tritium breeding in background. Mine is breeding ok on offloaded vessel.

-Load screen bug. Obviously it's some kind of incompatibility, so if you want to overcome it, find a conflict source. Try deleting other mods one by one, or something like that.

-Editor large icons bug. But looks like it's always gone when you start new career.

I don't experience neither of those. Tritium is vaporizing very slowly, and thermal rocket nozzle propellant is correctly saved and loaded.

Thanks for checking that. I build another vessel and seems it works well. I don't know why the old one doesn't and it's already crashed...

Edited by azige

Got a weird mass bug here with the latest (0.13.6), also present on a couple of previous versions:

Rocket with reactors in them can't launch.

Works with any reactor: fission (either type), fusion, etc., and with a clean sandbox save, and when stripped down to the simplest possible test ship: pod, 1.25m reactor, one SRB. Even with the TWR well over 1, the SRB fires but the rocket just sits there on the launchpad until most of the SRB fuel is burnt and the TWR climbs to something over 2. Swapping out the reactor for any other part, other Interstellar parts included, makes it launch just fine.

Not seeing anything related in the output_log.txt, alas.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Thoughts?

-c

Got a weird mass bug here with the latest (0.13.6), also present on a couple of previous versions:

Rocket with reactors in them can't launch.

Works with any reactor: fission (either type), fusion, etc., and with a clean sandbox save, and when stripped down to the simplest possible test ship: pod, 1.25m reactor, one SRB. Even with the TWR well over 1, the SRB fires but the rocket just sits there on the launchpad until most of the SRB fuel is burnt and the TWR climbs to something over 2. Swapping out the reactor for any other part, other Interstellar parts included, makes it launch just fine.

Not seeing anything related in the output_log.txt, alas.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Thoughts?

-c

This is not a bug with KSPI, this is a KSP bug. It happens with any Soldid Fuel Booster. I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how to fix it either.

As Boris said, use the launch clamps. Or, if you're in career mode and do not have access to that yet, stuck a decoupler on the bottom and just have it stage when you activate the solid booster.

Got an odd one here: my solar panels' power appears to be constant with distance; that is, my probe flying by Moho with 2 2x3 panels has an output of only 2 EC/sec, and one well beyond Duna with 2 Gigantors still has an output of 36. I'm running a fairly heavily modded install, but the only mod which should change solar panels is the latest version of this mod. What do you need to help fix this?

When I can't reproduce it on my setup, I can only guess without output_log.txt. It's in KSP_Data folder, upload it and i'll look at it. You're the third one to report this issue, so obviously it's not a simple end-user mistake. Help me to find the cause.

New bug, thank you. I will edit configs for next update. The reason for this is switch to CRP. I didn't find all references of water in mod to replace them with new name.

http://m.uploadedit.com/b043/1420227459923.txt

That's the output file... I couldn't find a way to upload it as a file to the post... so I uploaded it to another website. The link should take you directly to the file (no download required).

Boris,

Cannot thank you enough for all of your work with Interstellar.

I believe I am having a bug with the Thermal Rocket Nozzle (both 1.25m and 2.5m). Whenever I attach more than 1 engine they do not equally gain thrust, making them impossible to use in space (and the only way I can take off is by throttling to 100% and waiting for the engines to equalize).

I have the most recent release of your modified Interstellar. I use a fair number of other mods as well but have narrowed the problem down to the Thermal Rocket Nozzle (I believe). Using stock engines or KW engines, thrust acts normally and is applied equally across all engines. I have tried removing mods one at a time including RemoteTech, Tweakable Everything, and anything I thought may effect the engines/recievers. The problem still persists. I followed your installation instructions to the 'T', and everything else Interstellar related appears to be working normally.

This happens on any plane I create, be it with stock Mk1/2 parts, or B9 parts.

I have read through the thread and haven't seen a similar post, unless I missed it. I haven't included a log file or craft file as KSP doesn't crash and it happens with every vehicle built in SPH with a thermal rocket nozzle. Please advise if you need any additional information.

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPAPIExtensions, Version=1.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

One of the mods you're trying to use requires http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-90-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-7-2-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use-16-Dec

That mod can be TweakScale for example, or anything else. I hope you're not trying to use my tweakScale fix as standalone mod. It's merely a patch.

I believe I am having a bug with the Thermal Rocket Nozzle (both 1.25m and 2.5m). Whenever I attach more than 1 engine they do not equally gain thrust, making them impossible to use in space (and the only way I can take off is by throttling to 100% and waiting for the engines to equalize).

What is the power source? All thermal nozzles are designed to be directly attached to reactor or heat microwave reciever. Example screenshot would help.

What is the power source? All thermal nozzles are designed to be directly attached to reactor or heat microwave reciever. Example screenshot would help.

The power source is a heat microwave reciever. I didn't supply a screenshot because it occurs with any plane design. I can't really take a screenshot example when it happens, as I have to right click between the nozzles and there would be a time delay between the two screenshots. But, it is noticably different. When one nozzle is getting ~300kN, the other will be at ~175kN.

Here is a screenshot of how I am attaching them - if that helps. Or please tell me what you want me to screenshot. Note that it shows equal COT, but this is only true once the nozzles "equalize" at 100%. While thrust is increasing, it will increase drastically quicker on one engine.

screenshot1_zps805fee38.png

The power source is a heat microwave reciever. I didn't supply a screenshot because it occurs with any plane design. I can't really take a screenshot example when it happens, as I have to right click between the nozzles and there would be a time delay between the two screenshots. But, it is noticably different. When one nozzle is getting ~300kN, the other will be at ~175kN.

Here is a screenshot of how I am attaching them - if that helps. Or please tell me what you want me to screenshot. Note that it shows equal COT, but this is only true once the nozzles "equalize" at 100%. While thrust is increasing, it will increase drastically quicker on one engine.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/Zuqq/KSP/screenshot1_zps805fee38.png

That is a problem that has been with KSPI since I started playing it a year ago. The issue is not with the thermal nozzles but with the thermal receivers. Having two on one vessel, one gets prioritized over the other. Also, having a ship run on MW power using two engines doesn't make much sense. Even if the code worked properly, you would just be halving the energy each nozzle receives, effectively adding twice the engine/receiver weight for the same amount of thrust.

Load that ship up in sandbox and replace the thermal receivers with AM reactors (and of course some AM). You should find that the ship works fine (possibly with some COM/COL tweaking).

That is a problem that has been with KSPI since I started playing it a year ago. The issue is not with the thermal nozzles but with the thermal receivers. Having two on one vessel, one gets prioritized over the other. Also, having a ship run on MW power using two engines doesn't make much sense. Even if the code worked properly, you would just be halving the energy each nozzle receives, effectively adding twice the engine/receiver weight for the same amount of thrust.

Load that ship up in sandbox and replace the thermal receivers with AM reactors (and of course some AM). You should find that the ship works fine (possibly with some COM/COL tweaking).

I was unaware this was an issue previously, so thanks. I could have sworn, though, that I have flown a very similarily designed craft (recievers and thermal nozzles), and it flew fine pre 0.9.

I understand how the MW and engines work, and that each nozzle would be recieving half of the energy, but I design with 2 for balance as there is no large thermal turbojets, only large thermal rocket nozzles and the only adapter for a single engine is a large sized adapter.

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPAPIExtensions, Version=1.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

One of the mods you're trying to use requires http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-90-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-7-2-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use-16-Dec

That mod can be TweakScale for example, or anything else. I hope you're not trying to use my tweakScale fix as standalone mod. It's merely a patch.

Yes sir, I was using the TweakScale as a stand alone mod. I didn't know it wasn't... may I offer the suggestion of clarifying instructions around that particular part of the mod? Seeing as I'm not the only one to have the issue. :)

I was unaware this was an issue previously, so thanks. I could have sworn, though, that I have flown a very similarily designed craft (recievers and thermal nozzles), and it flew fine pre 0.9.

I understand how the MW and engines work, and that each nozzle would be recieving half of the energy, but I design with 2 for balance as there is no large thermal turbojets, only large thermal rocket nozzles and the only adapter for a single engine is a large sized adapter.

Zuqq, I had the same issue with thermal turbojets. When I'd first build them in the SPH, the COT would be centered, but then the craft would yaw hard to one side or the other. Then when I went back to the SPH to see why, COT was no longer centered. For that one, I was using a separate fission reactor for each engine. I resolved the issue by giving up. :blush:

Instead I went for a 2.5m reactor, a 2.5m hybrid turbojet, and generally just a lot more spaceplane than I wanted to build.

Boris -

I reproduced the hanging on launching from SPH bug, and here is the output log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zleoatuivfuqw7/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hmmm, some specific to steam version errors are loged, but I'm not sure that that's the cause. Game fails on reading and writing ship files from the save folder. Does "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Interstellar\Ships\SPH" exist o your drive?

Hmmm, some specific to steam version errors are loged, but I'm not sure that that's the cause. Game fails on reading and writing ship files from the save folder. Does "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Interstellar\Ships\SPH" exist o your drive?

On a somewhat related note, RastaPasta (or anyone else) I would REALLY recommend running KSP from outside the SteamApps folder. You can still run steam overlay and keep track of playtime within steam by following the below steps.

1) Go to the properties of KSP in steam

2) Select Set Launch Options

3) Put the WHOLE location of KSP.exe into the box in quotes followed by %command%

for example mine looks like this...

"C:\Kerbal Space Program v0.90\KSP.exe" %command%

No, it does not. That's odd...just a VAB folder. I'll create a SPH folder and see if that fixes it!

Edit: That fixed it! Thanks for the help

Edited by RastaPasta

Atmospheric scoops don't seem to do anything, they will draw power when toggled, but no resources are collected and the "toggle resource" button does nothing. It might just have to do with you switching resource systems, or it may have to do with me being confused about air intakes. There are the ones that are for intakeatm only, they exist but I can't find them in the VAB unless I view by resource, and the KSPI help page says that those need to be used instead of the stock intakes, even though stock intakes also supply intakeatm.

And another resource question, are all resources generated/consumed normally on rails? I noticed with Fractal's last version that actinides would accumulate if I flew a reactor to Eve, but they wouldn't if I put it in its transfer orbit and timewarped with something else in focus, and the same was true for microwave plants I left on Kerbin. I know you've been cleaning up and fixing code, so maybe you've already gotten to that.

Edited by Ruptga

Atmospheric scoops don't seem to do anything, they will draw power when toggled, but no resources are collected and the "toggle resource" button does nothing. It might just have to do with you switching resource systems, or it may have to do with me being confused about air intakes. There are the ones that are for intakeatm only, they exist but I can't find them in the VAB unless I view by resource, and the KSPI help page says that those need to be used instead of the stock intakes, even though stock intakes also supply intakeatm.

And another resource question, are all resources generated/consumed normally on rails? I noticed with Fractal's last version that actinides would accumulate if I flew a reactor to Eve, but they wouldn't if I put it in its transfer orbit and timewarped with something else in focus, and the same was true for microwave plants I left on Kerbin. I know you've been cleaning up and fixing code, so maybe you've already gotten to that.

Sadly, every time there's on-the-rails actions needed, there is a special case for that written in code for that action. Some features work on unloaded ships, some do not. I will check out scoops.

UPD. Everyone who's interested in atmospheric and ocean resource mining should add the contents of https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/ORSResourcePack.zip to your gamedata folder. It's core ORS configs I somehow missed and didn't include to mod package. Now they're included.

Edited by Boris-Barboris
typos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.