[0.90] KSP Interstellar port maintance thread

Boris-Barboris

So, here are my mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg5kdte9mpih7ne/modlist.JPG?dl=0

(note, I only use B9 for the RCS tanks, thrusters and most importantly - aero brakes)

and here is a link to my output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zy2mfu90zqa4qjh/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Queeblo
Couldn't get the embedded image to show.

So, here are my mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg5kdte9mpih7ne/modlist.JPG?dl=0

(note, I only use B9 for the RCS tanks, thrusters and most importantly - aero brakes)

and here is a link to my output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zy2mfu90zqa4qjh/output_log.txt?dl=0

Install community resource pack (CRP). Link in the start post, under Dependencies section.

I copied the KSPI_techtree_0.90 (from this .90 warpplugin folder) to the techmanager folder, and deleted the tree.cfg from the save folder, it's working for me now.

This solved my techtree problem, thanks.

And thanks again Boris for your continued work on the mod update.

Still having problems with thermal mechanics. Below are the steps I took and the results.

1. Started with a clean KSP.

2. Copied ORS into gamedata folder

3. Copied your KSPI folders into gamedata. No overwrites were required.

4. Loaded game

5. Created profile.

6. Quit. Edited savefile to include 5000000 credits and 50000 science.

7. Reloaded, unlocked reactors and radiators.

http://imgur.com/5Tci9v3

http://imgur.com/vIOzkGG

Edited by herman

Excuse me, but my vessel has no WasteHeat at all(It's always zero). I never played this mod before. Is there something wrong or I made any mistakes?

If you have a high ratio with your radiator efficiency (more than you need) your waste heat can be zero, or when you aren't drawing a lot of power, or if you aren't using anything that creates heat. Is everything working?

Jarardo, your save is a huge mess, but it helped a lot. That's a perfect all-around stress testing environment. Please try this dll (put it into gamedata\warpplugin\plugins):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/0_90_patches/Development/Jarardo%20save/Interstellar.dll

It includes microwave network manager fixes and transciever animation fixes. I will include those changes in the next update.

About that VAB waste heat helper UI, i currently don't know why it uses incorrect reactor core temperature. I've just spent 8 hours on trying to get microwave finally working. Stupid offloaded vessel API tricks. That was tough. I'll go to bed now.

P.S. just ignore it for now, fit 2-3 standard radiators and it will be fine. UI helper logic != mod logic.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Thanks for reply, I checked thermal helper and it said the temperature of the radiator would go over 3000K at full power. But after I sent my vessel to orbit, the radiator is at 233K and the "Power Radiated" is 0.000MW while a fusion reactor is actived. I'm running 0.13.4 on KSP 0.90 with lots of mods. I thought it could be mods confliction and try to run it on a pure KSP.

Thanks for reply, I checked thermal helper and it said the temperature of the radiator would go over 3000K at full power. But after I sent my vessel to orbit, the radiator is at 233K and the "Power Radiated" is 0.000MW while a fusion reactor is actived. I'm running 0.13.4 on KSP 0.90 with lots of mods. I thought it could be mods confliction and try to run it on a pure KSP.

I was just trying some reactors and transceivers and I'm getting the same issue. I launched a 3.75m aegletes, hooked up the receiver at transmit so I'd get full power on the reactor. Absolutely no waste heat was generated anywhere.

I also launched a receiver ship to check out the other end. This received the power just fine, but also didn't generate waste heat.

About that VAB waste heat helper UI, i currently don't know why it uses incorrect reactor core temperature. I've just spent 8 hours on trying to get microwave finally working. Stupid offloaded vessel API tricks. That was tough. I'll go to bed now.

P.S. just ignore it for now, fit 2-3 standard radiators and it will be fine. UI helper logic != mod logic.

Thanks! I'll try some configurations tomorrow and see how it works out. Also, thanks for taking up the mod, it looks like a great mod, but I've never actually been able to play it due to all the problems with it since .25.

Version 0.13.5

-Legacy bug, wich caused all WasteHeat production to cease if ThermalMechanicsDisabled is set to False, was fixed. Now thermal mechanics works like in good old versions.

-Radiator heat convection rate now depends not from the maximum radiator temperature, but from the current one. Expect lower ground-based power plants effeciency, due to higher radiator temperatures.

-Microwave transmitters animation is now correctly played.

-Microwave network manager fixes, thanks to Jarardo1's bug report. List of active transmitters and relays is now formed and maintained correctly.

-Line of sight check in microwave code corrected.

-Fission reactor code corrected. I doesn't conflict with Thermal UI helper in the VAB any more.

-TechManager now reconstructs science tree on every RnD open. That should solve the issue with stock tech tree reappearing after some time.

-Accelerometer sensor now handles both vanilla science experiment and Interstellar impactor one. It's done for career missions compatibility.

Redownload mod from op post. Make sure you delete old folders, don't install on top of them!

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Awesome update!

Just did a quick load this morning and power seemed to be transmitting normally, will test further.

I think my .90 is about ready to go! I had a problem loading some of my ships, screen went black then had to quit application. Don't think it's necessarily related to KSPI.

Boris, I just have to say thank you SOOOO much for doing this.

I loved having KSPI (thank you Scott Manley!) in .25 and was sad that it hadn't been updated for 0.90.

This has pretty much made my mods for .90 complete!

Version 0.13.5

-snip-

One thing I would like to bring up, the Computer Core should probably have advanced maneuvering capabilities (prograde, radial, normal, maneuver, target).

Thank you so much for keeping Interstellar going, and for being so diligent in keeping up with fixes. People like you are truly what makes this community great.

One thing I would like to bring up, the Computer Core should probably have advanced maneuvering capabilities (prograde, radial, normal, maneuver, target).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/0_90_patches/part.cfg

put it to GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Command\computerCore

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, i've made a mistake in service code, if you want to use clamped solar panel heating via PluginSettings.cfg and downloaded mod before you saw this message, here's the dll fix for you: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/0_90_patches/Interstellar.dll

If you don't care about this feature, don't bother.

I can't seem to get my magnetic nozzles to work, I have a working fusion reactor, full charged particles, and a feed of liquid fuel, but the nozzle consumes no fuel and generates no thrust (it does visually display a thrust flame when throttled up). I don't know if this is a bug, or I'm just doing something wrong, but figured I'd ask.

I can't seem to get my magnetic nozzles to work, I have a working fusion reactor, full charged particles, and a feed of liquid fuel, but the nozzle consumes no fuel and generates no thrust (it does visually display a thrust flame when throttled up). I don't know if this is a bug, or I'm just doing something wrong, but figured I'd ask.

double atmo_thrust_factor = Math.Min(1.0, Math.Max(1.0 - Math.Pow(vessel.atmDensity, 0.2), 0));

As you can see, magnetic nozzle has 0 thrust at Kerbin sea level. It's vacuum engine, it barely works in atmosphere. Extremely efficient and extremely low-thrust (so low that there is currently no real point in using it), so I wouldn't say it's realy well balanced. But that's how the things are.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Boris, thanks for all this work in keeping Interstellar running. If you or anyone can help, I think I'm having problems with the install:

1) I get an error message as soon as KSP is loading. I'm pretty sure this is tied to the main problem that I don't have an interface for reactor control, and the thermal rocket nozzles don't have the option of switching propellants.

2) I don't have the thermal mechanics helper in the VAB at all

3) Is there still supposed to be an interface showing the power usage/ MJ status in the main game?

4) The Interstellar parts in the VAB, when hovered over, grow to ridiculous sizes rather than rotating. I checked stock parts, as well as some of the Procedural Fairings Mod parts, and neither have the same issue. When I switch what part groupings I'm looking at, they reset to normal sizes.

I've deleted the old versions, unzipped and copied the Interstellar and CRP folders directly into the GameData folder. Here's a set of screenshots showing what's going on http://imgur.com/a/gkNjv#0

If anyone can give some insight, it'd be appreciated, thanks.

Boris, thanks for all this work in keeping Interstellar running. If you or anyone can help, I think I'm having problems with the install:

1) I get an error message as soon as KSP is loading. I'm pretty sure this is tied to the main problem that I don't have an interface for reactor control, and the thermal rocket nozzles don't have the option of switching propellants.

2) I don't have the thermal mechanics helper in the VAB at all

3) Is there still supposed to be an interface showing the power usage/ MJ status in the main game?

4) The Interstellar parts in the VAB, when hovered over, grow to ridiculous sizes rather than rotating. I checked stock parts, as well as some of the Procedural Fairings Mod parts, and neither have the same issue. When I switch what part groupings I'm looking at, they reset to normal sizes.

I've deleted the old versions, unzipped and copied the Interstellar and CRP folders directly into the GameData folder. Here's a set of screenshots showing what's going on http://imgur.com/a/gkNjv#0

I was having the same issue with the parts growing to huge sizes, then the image disappearing. I downloaded the newest verzion .zip file, then deleted all the folders from my /gamedata folder that matched the names of folders within the zip, then copied the new folders over to /gamedata from the zip. Now that issue is fixed.

I have a different issue (and I appologize if this has been discussed already); when I attempt to launch a vessel from the SPH the game "locks up." I put that in quotes because the game doesn't freeze, I can still move my mouse around and click on the 4 new buttons added in 0.90 (place, rotate, blah, blah), but nothing else. I have to force quit the game via Alt+F4. This issue does not exist in the VAB however. The SPH issue exists whether I use the Interstellar parts or stock parts, it makes no difference.

I have an issue, and I apologize if this has already been discussed. When I attempt to launch a new space plane from the SPH the game "locks up." It doesn't freeze, technically, but it stays in the SPH and all the buttons are grayed out. I can still click on the 4 new buttons added in 0.9 (attach, rotate, blah, blah) but nothing else and have to Alt-F4 to get out of the game. This issue exists whether I'm using stock parts or Interstellar parts, and only exists in the SPH. I can build, save, and launch ships from the VAB using stock or interstellar parts without any issues.

FNPlugin is a very old name for interstellar mod. VERY old. If it is what i think it is, you should delete FNPlugin folder from your gamedata. Also, i would recommend not putting anything like "source" into Gamedata. The engine parses all .cfg files it sees in Gamedata, so the folder must be extremely clean.

And where the hell is OpenResourceSystem? Redownload the .zip, you're doing it all wrong ;.;

Edited by Boris-Barboris

I have a bug with the Tech Tree. Unsure if anyone else has posted about it but when I click and research a node the actual node doesn't show that it has been researched. However the science is deducted and everything in the node is shown as "Purchased" so functionally its working fine, but the node does not progress and the new nodes that follow it do not show up. To get around this I have to back out of the Science complex and return to it, where the tech tree is fine. Any fix for this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.