[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

I was woried about size restrictions too, but once I made few crafts with B9PW, there is several advantages when you break wing into 2 or 3 part segments.

Few justr from top of my head:

- fine tuning of dihedral wings - not whole wing need to be dehadrial only outmost part, for roll/yaw stabilization

- you can only use inner most part of wing to have fuel and make it thicker - much better CoM distribution and easier aligment with engine thrust or RCS

- fine tune wing shape for desired sweep/area ruling if you are using FAR

And much more things that you realize that exist only when you start using this mod.

Is this mod Compatible with fuel wings? What I mean is will fuel wings add fuel to the procedural wings appropriate to their size and volume?

- - - Updated - - -

So the procedural wings from this mod can have fuel in them? Without any other mod adding fuel?

Is this mod Compatible with fuel wings? What I mean is will fuel wings add fuel to the procedural wings appropriate to their size and volume?

- - - Updated - - -

So the procedural wings from this mod can have fuel in them? Without any other mod adding fuel?

Yes, you can add fuel to the wings without any other mods, and it's proportional to volume.

Hi,

First thanks for this amazing mod !

I have been able to make wings who actually look like wings .... Halleluja !

Just a question about that. I don't know if it is normal, a bug, or related to another mod I have ...

Whenever I'm displaying the heating with F11, it seems that there is no heat on the wings made with b9.

I've only try a reentry after a suborbital flight so I wasn't going quick enough to see any possible overheating but I was wondering if it was normal or if I missed something.

By the way, I'm on ksp version 1.0.4 with last FAR release version. The other mods shouldn't have any impact on this matter.

It would appear there is an issue with the part heating. Specifically, heat isn't being transferred from the skin to the internals at a useful rate which leaves the skin temperature extremely unstable. Looks like they could do with a better thermal setup

Edited by Crzyrndm

A module manager patch to improve the situation. It's not perfect, the skin mass probably needs to increase a bit as well (wings have more surface area per mass unit than a typical cylindrical part), but that would require knowing what the default value was.

@PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_*]
{
skinInternalConductionMult = 5
}

Is it possible to add other fuel types to the wings? Would it be a config file edit, or would it involve digging into code?

I would like to add compatibility with the fuels used in KSP Interstellar Extended.

Skin mass is skin mass per area, not skin mass per unit of thermal mass. KSP will already give wings abnormally high skin:internal ratios.

skinMassPerArea defaults to 1 (kg/m^2), where area is the part's unoccluded area from DragCube.

Skin mass is skin mass per area, not skin mass per unit of thermal mass. KSP will already give wings abnormally high skin:internal ratios.

skinMassPerArea defaults to 1 (kg/m^2), where area is the part's unoccluded area from DragCube.

So they are determined from the part shape/drag cube, that simplifies things. Should make bumping up the skin<->internal conduction rate the only required change.

I got this bug on one random occasions when I have switched between various ships/probes within physical range. Saved game, exit to desktop, run and load again and everything was fine.

I was unable to reproduce this bug since I noticed first time, so I didn't reported here.

I think that is not will be easy to reproduce this kind of bug, so if you have savegame/craft file that will alow to reproduce this bug each time it will be of high value for developers to figure out what is wrong.

Don't forget exact reproducing steps either.

Sorry for posting here, but anyone knows where to get b9 aerospace that is working with latest KSP? I know there's a patch, but can't find it as well after half an hour googling and such.

Sorry for posting here, but anyone knows where to get b9 aerospace that is working with latest KSP? I know there's a patch, but can't find it as well after half an hour googling and such.

Seek for Blowfish posts. You will find link for development version of B9 aerospace in his signature.

There is more his recent post in B9 aerospace thread, this thread is only addition to it.

There some patches for this mod in this thread, how about a new version to include all important changes? I am losing track what to use.

To my knowledge there are two minor/non-critical changes that have been posted. The conductivity increase listed above and the deletion of the file Patch.cfg (the first of which is just a quick value pulled out of thin air, and the second of which only affects stock users).

I got this bug on one random occasions when I have switched between various ships/probes within physical range. Saved game, exit to desktop, run and load again and everything was fine.

I was unable to reproduce this bug since I noticed first time, so I didn't reported here.

I think that is not will be easy to reproduce this kind of bug, so if you have savegame/craft file that will alow to reproduce this bug each time it will be of high value for developers to figure out what is wrong.

Don't forget exact reproducing steps either.

Is it safe to save and reload? Or do i have to revert to hanger?

Well, I don't know. I have saved game exited compleatly to desktop and when I loaded again everything have worked fine.

Can't tell if it going to work with quick save / load, I haven't encountered same bug again after that and I didn't figured out true reason behind it.

My best guess about it is that game saves original info about B9PW part used and info about changing shape of that part inside savegame file. For some reason changing shape is not triggered when you have switched to your craft.

Have you expirienced same bug again after loading game ?

Will the edge shape change the wings' aerodynamic model with the stock KSP? I mean, is the lift/drag ratio always the same at all the speeds or every shape is better for something and the shape itself will change the wing's properties?

Cool mod anyway :kiss:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.