[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Will the edge shape change the wings' aerodynamic model with the stock KSP? I mean, is the lift/drag ratio always the same at all the speeds or every shape is better for something and the shape itself will change the wing's properties?

Cool mod anyway :kiss:

I might be wrong, but I think that stock aero is still stupid enough, so it does not calculate swept wing in the same way as FAR does. Swept wings should move CoL, though, compared with same wing area of straight shaped wing. Can't tell much about lift/drag ratio, I think that is the same with straight and swept wing, but I might be wrong with this, I have not constructed anything for stock aero for ages.

I might be wrong, but I think that stock aero is still stupid enough, so it does not calculate swept wing in the same way as FAR does. Swept wings should move CoL, though, compared with same wing area of straight shaped wing. Can't tell much about lift/drag ratio, I think that is the same with straight and swept wing, but I might be wrong with this, I have not constructed anything for stock aero for ages.

Mhhh, I think so too. But I was wondering just about the edge shape. I can't really explain because I don't speak english really well, but with "edge shape" I mean the shape of the black back part of the wing.

Mhhh, I think so too. But I was wondering just about the edge shape. I can't really explain because I don't speak english really well, but with "edge shape" I mean the shape of the black back part of the wing.

You mean leading and trailing edge ? If edge is more rounded or more like a triangle, or no defined edge, just cut off ?

If it is that what you have want to ask, then I belive, no, stock aero does not calculate that stuff. FAR on the other hand calculate everything trough voxelization, although it still need special part of code for wing manipulation, so I can't tell for sure if that is also calculated properly in FAR or not.

I belive it have more influence with thicker wings, but even if it is calculated, lift/drag from it is of very small influence compared to AoA. So, in conclusion, those option for leading/trailing edges are mostly aestetic. I found some usage from it when I used B9PW as fake fuselage, to improve area ruling of whole craft in FAR.

If it is that what you have want to ask, then I belive, no, stock aero does not calculate that stuff. FAR on the other hand calculate everything trough voxelization, although it still need special part of code for wing manipulation, so I can't tell for sure if that is also calculated properly in FAR or not.

FAR models it as it appears. Stock models it somehow through its drag cubes so it *should* change, but how is not really clear

So sometimes when i try to attach a control surface to a wing, this happens and its just SO annoying.

edit: the control surface is -slightly- rotated, which is the problem

wZlHQit.png

the B9 procedural wings window is the wing the control surface is attached to, the control surface itself is completely unchanged.

if any other information is needed, i'll try to get it.

Edited by Kowalskicore

Just a quick question, is this mod incompatible with 64 bit? I couldn't see anything in the front page about 64 bit. For me I can edit the wings, however it produces no lift and cant control the control surfaces. It works fine on my 32 bit install, so I'm guessing it's the fault of 64 bit.

Edited by Chimer4

I found out what was causing it. I previously had FAR installed via CKAN, but when I removed it, CKAN left behind the FAR folder and a few other bits and pieces so the wings I guess were trying to use FAR, even though it wasn't there. Removing the folder fixed the problem

Hello to everyone, noob question here: I'm just beginning to use this wonderful mod, but I have some issue with too "wobble" planes, at the point they cannot be controlled at all, also if I have all green number in Far screen. Is there some particular way to use those procedural wings?

Hello to everyone, noob question here: I'm just beginning to use this wonderful mod, but I have some issue with too "wobble" planes, at the point they cannot be controlled at all, also if I have all green number in Far screen. Is there some particular way to use those procedural wings?

Struts are your bread and butter, you can't ever have enough of them. That being said B9 aerospace has some invisible struts that work great when you want to go from mid wing to body but have it look streamlined. For instance this is made from over 30 B9 P-wing sections and has 8-10 invisible struts holding it together.

screenshot7_zpsvdlimkaw.png~original

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.