[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

UqvKF2d.png

Any way to combat this? Strip symmetry doesn't seem to deal with the issue as it says they are not in symmetry.

The reason that the shuttle is pointed this way as it makes the launch work easier.

e: It's editorextensions being a jerk. Disregard!

i woul really like to use this but the wings don't create any lift for me (no FAR OR NEAR) it also shows this in the SPH.

could you please help me fix this?

Did you download from the OP? Or did you download the working Dev version linked in multiple signatures on the thread?

https://bitbucket.org/blowfishpro/b9-aerospace

edit:

Wow I'm a dummy - This info was for B9 Aerospace not B9 P-wings. I apologize. I'm subscribed to both and just thought I was talking in the other thread.

Edited by V8jester

i dowloaded it from ckan it says: version 0.40

That's the latest version. I wonder if something got botched in your install. I use this with no issues and I am not a NEAR or FAR user. Are you also using regular old P-wings? I can't recall if they play well with each other.

Hi,

I downloaded Blowfish's maintainance port, for the explicit purpose of extracting the MFD and attempting to implant that functionality into existing cockpits. This worked just fine by just going into the internal_RPM cfg files for the cockpits I wanted to update, and changing the props to B9RPMMFD.

Everything works pretty nicely, but the APFD isn't giving me the forward and landing cams. In the MFD config, I see:

cameraTransform = B9ForwardCamera

and then a similar for landing camera, and it would appear that these two cameras are added to 1-9 external cameras.

Is this a functionality I need to add in to the cockpits? If so, how do I do this?

EDIT: Or would it be smarter to just change the MFD cfg to use external cameras 1 and 2 (or whatever I like)?

EDIT2: Got it working on ExtCam1 and 2, just have to align those to taste. Awesome RPM interface, going to make F2 cockpit flying much more fun. :)

Edited by Hagen von Tronje

Been a while since I last opened my vocal flaps around here.

I've run afoul of a minor issue. It seems that I can't get my wing-tanks to function properly with Real Fuels installed. (Kerosene tanks don't appear to show up.) Has anyone seen a fix for this, or has the problem just not shown up for others?

I'll keep poking at it here while I await an answer.

I am encountering the following problem whith Procedural Wings: when trying to stick a control surface on a wing, it somehow always is displayed in a weird angle, so even with turning it as precisely as possible it doesn`t really fit to the wing. Can anybody help?

http://i.imgur.com/keKS9EM.jpg?1

Turn off the snap-to mode. They play a lot nicer.

Turn off the snap-to mode. They play a lot nicer.

Yes, that of course works. It makes it difficult to line the two parts up perfectly though, which was easy when it worked (it did about 2 weeks ago) in the snap-to mode. I am just curious why it wouldn`t work anymore... Thank you for the answer though :)

Yes, that of course works. It makes it difficult to line the two parts up perfectly though, which was easy when it worked (it did about 2 weeks ago) in the snap-to mode. I am just curious why it wouldn`t work anymore... Thank you for the answer though :)

How are you having trouble 'aligning parts perfectly'?

Aside from the fuel tank issues on my end, I align with snap-to off since it's actually easier to budge a part over when it isn't trying to 'jump' to the next snap position. I know with snap-to off, I do have to be careful get the mouse on the flat part of the back edge or things get 'odd', mainly to avoid the attempting radial effects. Once it's on though, the KSP part offset button takes care of any other issues.

Anyway, far as I can tell from your image, your parts are trying to radially align on the centerpoint of the wing, but I can't see where your mouse actually is.

I am encountering the following problem whith Procedural Wings: when trying to stick a control surface on a wing, it somehow always is displayed in a weird angle, so even with turning it as precisely as possible it doesn`t really fit to the wing. Can anybody help?

http://i.imgur.com/keKS9EM.jpg?1

I think I see what happened. Attach the flaps before you rotate the wings. They appear to be rotated down slightly or you are just trying to attach the flap to the top surface of the wing instead of the trailing edge. I have noticed this as well. Just build the wing with the snap-to tool on at first then rotate the whole assembly. A little cumbersome but it works.

How are you having trouble 'aligning parts perfectly'?

Aside from the fuel tank issues on my end, I align with snap-to off since it's actually easier to budge a part over when it isn't trying to 'jump' to the next snap position. I know with snap-to off, I do have to be careful get the mouse on the flat part of the back edge or things get 'odd', mainly to avoid the attempting radial effects. Once it's on though, the KSP part offset button takes care of any other issues.

Anyway, far as I can tell from your image, your parts are trying to radially align on the centerpoint of the wing, but I can't see where your mouse actually is.

I think I see what happened. Attach the flaps before you rotate the wings. They appear to be rotated down slightly or you are just trying to attach the flap to the top surface of the wing instead of the trailing edge. I have noticed this as well. Just build the wing with the snap-to tool on at first then rotate the whole assembly. A little cumbersome but it works.

I still can`t explain why it didn`t work (the wings weren`t rotated, I tried to attach the flaps on the edge etc.) but somehow it is a craft problem. I built 5 designs and it worked on 3 of them. I don`t know why but it somehow is just a rare problem.

Thank you for your help though :)

Not sure if this is just the mod broke a bit or I need something else, But I have the Procedural Wings mod (like the parts mod as well) and they half lift rating when I extend the menu and i can see them affecting the Center of Lift, Yet B9 Wings don't. I also noticed that in the right-click menu the wing data shows all 0's... I'm not if its something I've done or what other mods have done but I feel it shouldn't be like this, along with the Control surfaces they don't move in game. Help would much appreciated

Im uh....having a REALLY odd issue with this mod...

Recently I've been playing around with BDarmory and this mod, trying out some different planes and such, testing out the AI and such, which means pretty much leaving one plane parked next to the runway and then flying another away out of view and then back again. My problem arises when I come into view of the parked plane again and switch over to it, the wings have....idk...."reverted" I guess is the word? They've reverted to the default shape when you first put them on.

Oddly enough though, it just seems graphical as the plane still flies like the wings are fine, but it looks.....VERY odd....They also seem to lose their textures as well....

Only other mods I'm running right now are mainly just parts mods like, KAX, BDarmory, KAS and KIS, and firespitter, so I'm not 100% sure what could be causing the issue....any insight would be greatly appreciated. ^-^

Im uh....having a REALLY odd issue with this mod...

Recently I've been playing around with BDarmory and this mod, trying out some different planes and such, testing out the AI and such, which means pretty much leaving one plane parked next to the runway and then flying another away out of view and then back again. My problem arises when I come into view of the parked plane again and switch over to it, the wings have....idk...."reverted" I guess is the word? They've reverted to the default shape when you first put them on.

Oddly enough though, it just seems graphical as the plane still flies like the wings are fine, but it looks.....VERY odd....They also seem to lose their textures as well....

Only other mods I'm running right now are mainly just parts mods like, KAX, BDarmory, KAS and KIS, and firespitter, so I'm not 100% sure what could be causing the issue....any insight would be greatly appreciated. ^-^

Some other user reported similar issue, quite a while ago. Happened to me only once. It was when I was switching between two planes/probes that were within physical range. I have saved a game exited to desktop and load game again. Once loaded, plane was just fine, like it should be. I was not able to reproduce this bug.

If you can create a savegame from a point where this bug can be reproduced and provide exact steps how to reproduce it, it will be of great help for developers to solve it.

Without reproducing steps it is just for devs to play game and bump on this bug by pure luck. Even then it will be hard to solve it if bug can't be reproduced.

What's going on here is that if you fly out of physics range, or fly over 750 m/s, the reference frame changes, and for some reason, the wing states don't survive the transition. Not really sure why they don't, but it's fairly annoying to deal with.

You should be able to reproduce the bug without BDA, as I'm fairly certain that mod has nothing to do with the issue other than providing a reason for people to leave planes on the ground while they fly around.

I have a big problem with this mod. First time I used it, it caused the NaN on my funds when recovering the vessel. This was always caused by NaN on the PCSA or PCSTs. Second, I'm unable to edit PCSA or PCST as control surfaces anymore, not sure why is it, but it worked for the first time, and now it doesn't. All I get is Show data and next config, which BTW does nothing. Currently B9PW seems broken beyond usable.

I believe I've finally managed to track down the cause of the wings not being reloaded correctly. Download is here, overwrite the .dll in the plugins folder with it

I have a big problem with this mod. First time I used it, it caused the NaN on my funds when recovering the vessel. This was always caused by NaN on the PCSA or PCSTs. Second, I'm unable to edit PCSA or PCST as control surfaces anymore, not sure why is it, but it worked for the first time, and now it doesn't. All I get is Show data and next config, which BTW does nothing. Currently B9PW seems broken beyond usable.

Logs...

hi guys, I love to build jets in this game and in particular with help from this mod for wings

till recently I used this mod along with other one million of mods without no problem...till I update some of them, more then 10 mods and from some reason wings recently they stopped producing lift

I remamber in past I had a similar problem with wings from OPT mod and a guy there told me to delete ...something about FAR.cfg files..and i did same for this problem

so far I deleted this 3 files:

FARVoxPatch.cfg (B9_Aerospace)

FAR.cfg (ChopShop)

AoA_FAR_config.cfg (AoATech)

dont know witch of them cause my problem, but I delete them and I don't know why, but after I did this now my game with all his 57 mod works fine, wings from this mods start to produce lift again

I told you this in case you encounter same problem and maybe this will help you\

sorry for my romglish, not my favorite language:D

Edited by GERULA

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.