[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

Updated!

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE UPGRADING FROM OLDER VERSIONS

2 meter parts have been renamed to 1.75 meter. Due to sunday punch naming some of his parts the same as mine, I had to rename my parts internally as well. If you install these parts over installations of the old pack, you will have duplicate copies in your parts list. However, due to the renaming, old ships will not work. As a work around, use the duplicate part method mentioned previously to swap out parts one by one. It's not ideal, but it will have to do.

Download 1.1!

Please report any problems you find. Now with satellites!

Download Pod Replacer #1: Gemini/Mercury inspired

Download Pod Replacer #2: Unmanned control module

Very nice - but I noticed a few things. Of course this is where you'll get the nitpickers ;)

One, we need appropriate engines for the upper stages - it's not an N1 if it doesn't have eleventy-jillion engines to make up for the fact that the Soviets couldn't produce really powerful rockets like the F-1. (Also, the description I thought of looking at the the first stage engines was 'Thirty rocket engines. Thirty separate barely controlled explosions. Surely nothing can go wrong?')

Second, which ties into the first, I would like to see the engines not take up much of the top of the cage-style decouplers, and have the fuel tanks protrude into them, as can be seen in photos of the N1.

Third, see Moach's LES parts - I would love a much larger version of the decoupler blast cone to be the payload fairing over the L3 complex, to be jettisoned by activating the escape tower. See

Like I said before, I wanted to make my N1 (or K1) a more Kerbal-ified version of the real N1. Hazard tape, bad design decisions, etc.

Also, can you imagine how awful it would be to place all of those engines onto the rocket every time?

Also, can you imagine how awful it would be to place all of those engines onto the rocket every time?

I think what Baker Easy meant was that he would like to see engine clusters like the Omnipotent Bertha, but with the amount of engines appropriate to the second and third stages (checking Wikipedia, that would be 8 of the same engines as the first stage for the second, and 4 NK-21s for the third. I'd assume the NK-21 would be a upper atmosphere/vacuum optimized NK-15).

I personally would like to see this as well, if only for more variety in engines.

Other than that, I'm loving the N1 parts. The Russian design offer a really nice change from the constant cylinders of the rest of *every* pack.

Another update coming today. New things include a space probe, decorative docking claw, and a payload assist module (PAM)

Can't wait! By far my favorite pack, can't wait to see what else you come out with! ;P

Hey Nova, if you could whip up a 8 nozzle 2m plate motor it could serve double duty with the N1 2nd stage and the Saturn 1 Block1 first stage (8x H-1s). The 1.75m-2m coupler with Sunday's 2m Tank would work beautifully for a S1B1.

Pretty please!

I leave for what, 3 fucking days, and now this thread is at FIFTEEN PAGES?

HOLY HELL YOU GUYS ARE ACTIVE ;-; and fast too.

Edit: Oh, my bad, i just got off of 4chan/wg/ Thought ' [5 ' looked like 15. Im going insane, 4chan and reddit are going to shit.