[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

I leave for what, 3 fucking days, and now this thread is at FIFTEEN PAGES?

HOLY HELL YOU GUYS ARE ACTIVE ;-; and fast too.

Edit: Oh, my bad, i just got off of 4chan/wg/ Thought ' [5 ' looked like 15. Im going insane, 4chan and reddit are going to shit.

You think that 15 pages of 15 entries in three days are fast?

That'll only be about 75 posts per day.

Okay, this is only a small forum, but over at Spacebattles we had threads that went up to 300 posts in a single day...

Strangely enough those threads are either political or religious. :-\

Earlier I calculated the efficiency of the Bertha series.

® = last decimal is recurring

Efficiency = (Thrust/Fuel consumption)*Weight

Lower is better

Twin Bertha Lite: 17.94 ®

Medium Bertha: 20.416 ®

Large Bertha: 24

Omnipotent Bertha: 100

Omnipotent Bertha is scarily inefficient.

Is there any chance of getting a 1m to 0.5m adapter of some sort? I've got a big desire to make some mini rockets even though the only engine suitable at the moment is the mini booster.

Saturn 1 Block 1 as best I can at the moment

Nova, can you make a 1.75-2m decoupler/adapter that can hide engines?

ETA- the detachable nose cones need to have a (-) negative sign before the ejection force number to make them eject forwards.

You think that 15 pages of 15 entries in three days are fast?

That'll only be about 75 posts per day.

Okay, this is only a small forum, but over at Spacebattles we had threads that went up to 300 posts in a single day...

Strangely enough those threads are either political or religious. :-\

No, i thought there was 15 pages on THIS post. I was confused sir.

I'd be interested in something like the Aero Decoupler that's designed to be put on the bottom of a tank, with a mounting point that is partially beneath the tank. This would allow the creation of fairly accurate Atlas-type rockets! ;)

It looks much better when you do that with a bigger tank body

Sunday's 2m tank w aero's and medium LFRs. Center motor is from the Saturn V parts pack

Andras, yeah, I know. I mentioned it to NovaSilisko in irc, and showed a quick sketch of what I mean.

3a3N2K3Z1S351E17030Z

Basically it's a 2m-3x1 adapter, but the outer two 1m engines are droppable. The M-50 is perfect for this as each engine weighs 3.2, while an empty 2m tank is something like 1.

Saturn I is going to be a difficult nut to crack as long as the game engine remains as is; the crazy thing used a cluster of nine tanks to feed eight engines, and didn't even have the engines located in line with the tanks. Instead, you had a diamond-shaped cluster of four in the center, and then four more peripheral engines outboard of them, but rotated 45 degrees to the cluster.

Really, the only way to do a realistic S-I or S-IB stage is to use the method that was used for the Saturn V parts, with one 'tank' part for the stage, and an 'engine' part that includes all eight engines and the thrust structure, until such time as we can have multiple top connections for a single part...

Earlier I calculated the efficiency of the Bertha series.

® = last decimal is recurring

Efficiency = (Thrust/Fuel consumption)*Weight

Lower is better

Twin Bertha Lite: 17.94 ®

Medium Bertha: 20.416 ®

Large Bertha: 24

Omnipotent Bertha: 100

Omnipotent Bertha is scarily inefficient.

There's something wrong with your math. If I decrease the fuel consumption to 20, the efficiency rating goes up to 300. And as you said, lower is better...

Does not compoot

There's something wrong with your math. If I decrease the fuel consumption to 20, the efficiency rating goes up to 300. And as you said, lower is better...

Does not compoot

Thrust / Fuel Consumption = Fuel Efficiency.

As such, higher is better.

It's being multiplied by weight, by which LOWER is better.

So, you get a broken ranking.

Divide by weight instead and it should work as a fuel efficiency to weight ratio, IE higher being better.

Thrust / Fuel Consumption = Fuel Efficiency.

As such, higher is better.

It's being multiplied by weight, by which LOWER is better.

So, you get a broken ranking.

Divide by weight instead and it should work as a fuel efficiency to weight ratio, IE higher being better.

Oh. Derp then.

Without weight, medium bertha is more efficient than twin Bertha lite :P

Also, I don't understand the usage of the docking claw at all, can someone please explain?

Oh. Derp then.

Without weight, medium bertha is more efficient than twin Bertha lite :P

Also, I don't understand the usage of the docking claw at all, can someone please explain?

Right now it's pretty useless. But, it can be opened like a parachute, then jettisoned before reentry.