Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

@TheSoundOfTrees : Excellent choice with Magma !

A classic !

Let me complete the late 70s / early 80s space-disco list with these sonic orange-juice pieces :

- Dee D. Jackson, Automatic Lover (1978)

- Sylvia Love, Extraterrestrial Lover (1979)

- Nancy Nova, The Force (1981)

- The Immortals, The Ultimate Warlord (1979)

- Amanda Lear, Black Holes (1978)

http://vimeo.com/126792834

---

and that's it, fellas.

* sparkles away

I don't know what impresses me more, the music or the special FX. :wink:

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...

(Deutsche Kosmische Musik-ish & Progressive stuff)

Anything by Chrome. From the Alien Soundtracks LP (1977) :

(couldn't find "Captain Boson" from their latest 2014 LP, Feel it Like a Scientist)

Trans AM, "Black Matter", from the LP Thing (2010) :

The Legendary Pink Dots, "The Saucers are Coming", from the LP Hallway of the Gods (1997)

Sunn O))), Monoliths & Dimensions LP (2009)

Ufomammut, Eve LP (2010)

Edited by Plume & Akakak
additions

Ok, let's go for some fine vocoder/talkbox tunes. But no Kraftwerk, and no "More Bounce to the Ounce", I see it has already been mentioned.

Classic Electric Light Orchestra's "Prologue", followed by "Twilight", from the Time LP (1981).

Anthony Rother, "Biomechanik", from the LP Simulationszeitalter (2000).

More Trans AM, with "Futureworld" (Futureworld LP, 1999).

Trans AM drummer Sebastian Thomson's solo project Publicist. "Hard Work" from the Hard Work 12'' (2011).

Karl Bartos (this is not really Kraftwerk, right ?), "Reality", from the LP Communication (2003).

@sj176 : I personally prefer Brian Eno, Roger Eno & Daniel Lanois's

to Al Reinert's documentary For All Mankind.

The album is released as Apollo : Atmospheres & Soundtracks.

Cheers

Edited by Plume & Akakak

Tell me KSP forums, what music do you listen to when playing the game? I personally like to listen to red army choir songs like polyushko poyle, katyusha, or other wwii era army songs like panzerlied.

No, please, no dorky space music.

a little bit of.. revealing ones soul in some way.. Im not quite sure other people feel the same way but to me.. opening to the world the soundtracks I use for key situations in KSP.. its a personal thing.. each track has its own emotional aspects related to something that happened on a mission while randomly playing or purposely playing then spawned a connection....

I posted before on my ipod but didnt include much.. now im home on my PC 2 days later. its a much better platform to express ones self

First up and most importantly is - Kevin Mccloud - At-rest

Its a quiet peaceful track with an element of sadness that lends itself to constructing craft in the SPH quite nicely..

see.. in my world of KSP/KTP.. its quite rare any train built lasts more than 100 kilometres.. the crew usually die horribly or end up stranded.. rescue comes slowly if at all..

Those who choose to drive trains rather than rockets or even planes.. I could imagine a kerbal telling their loved one that they got a new job.... excited and happy they would expect to be told .. space... or planes.. even the joy that is a deep space mission never to return.. even this their loved one would feel happy and honoured greatly

Then the bombshell drops.. no.. Im sorry... its a driver for Kerbal Train Program..

suddenly their face would drop into that very kerbal like frown as if their entire world exploded behind them..

KSP is never nice to trains.. its a dangerous job.. possibly the worst.. this music brings out all of the above.. ..

its wonderful :)

Next up is

The Last of the Mohicans - Promentory

With the train shunted on the runway ready for the deadly green expanse beyond..

this track always helps greatly prepare ones self for what might be ahead.. while not inspiring any sudden throttle slamming to the firewall in spurs of

stupidity..

set on a playlist of many such tracks.. the times it comes on as the locomotives gone full throttle and at a 30 something degree incline.. generators slowly building heat and the train crawling up a steep grade at less than 10m/s with 4 detriot diesel engines growling and fighting to provide enough electricity to the wheels.. one wrong slip.. and as shown in the past.. one does never retreat from a steep grade.. its no surrender until we reach the top.. or die trying!.. a lovely addition to KTPs playlist

NEXT

This one.. I dont actually know what it is.. i'll have to ask siri later and hope its on itunes for her to idenitfy.. id love to use it again :) I used it in a video taken as 4408 underpowered with only 1 generator left after thermal overload.. assisted by D4001 at the rear descended some ungodly mountain id got myself at the top of..

Id love to find it again.. I stress im not blowing my own horn so to speak.. if anyone knows what it is.. itd be nice .. perhaps someone uses it too.. I recall I found it on someones youtube intro video on a lets play initially

AND

Nicols theme of tears from gundam seed...

for those rare perfect times when the terrain is flat.. kerbol in the sky is actually lighting everything nicely without being too dark or light.. engines slowly chugging away .. trains tracking nicely..

everything so safe and tranquil.. throttle reduced to 3/4.. the steering wheel becoming little more than an arm rest rather than a control device..

time to make coffee..then settle down and just enjoy the moment for what it is...

It'd probably calm even the most angred person in a failed docking in space too :)

Lastly .. rarely used but just as perfect when it is.. saved for special occasions

EVE Online - Glowing Red Dust

Approaching the refinery or fuel depot after a long drive in a shunter loco hauling ore wagons..

or returning home to KSC in that rare occasion where the things that fell off, exploded or otherwise went wrong wernt fatal..

Home in sight... being careful not to give the train full throttle and rush home..

a controled thoughtful time.. the music actually means alot to me on many levels in my personal life too..

it goes very well with KSP for its own reasons :)

Edited by Overland

[...] I had no choice but to source for something less classical and with moar bass [...]

Obsessive energizing basslines can be easily found in the Post-Punk/Neue Deutsche Welle/Cold Wave/Minimal Synth/Early EBM/[...] bag.

5 chosen tracks :

1) Nice bassy Alien S*x Fiend.

Alien S*x Fiend is a burlesque, often hysterical, goth-punk act that rose in the batcave era. Alien S*x Fiend's discography is filled with space & science-fiction references, with titles like "E.S.T. Trip to the Moon", "Another Planet" or "Time Warp".

Anecdote : in 1994, they made the soundtrack to the videogame Inferno, the sequel to the famous space combat simulator

, published by Ocean in 1992 and based on the same technology as F29 Retaliator.

- "Hurricane Fighter Plane", from the LP Too Much Acid (1989) :

2) Notstandskomitee with "Interstellare Liebe", from the 1992 cassette Maschinenberichte :

3) "Superior Life", by All the Madmen from the Cry, Havoc ! compilation (1981) :

4) Electronic Body Music representants Front 242, with the opening track of their first album Geography (1982), "Operating Tracks" :

5) "Sun Flight", by Silicon Teens (actually an avatar of Mute Records founder Daniel Miller), from the Just Like Eddie / Sun Flight 7'' (1980) :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rf4q5

---

@LethalShade : nice MachineHead one.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.