Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

On the movie-soundtrack side of things, here are a couple of snippets from 1929 German silent sci-fi film "Frau im Mond" ("Woman in the Moon" -- more on it and more snippets in this thread I just made), directed by Fritz Lang (director of Metropolis, among other films), with Hermann Oberth as technical adviser.

I was just about to make thread for this exact purpose. Good thing I saw this first. Anyway, When I'm flying small, atmospheric aircraft (like the ones made by Tape 'n' Glue Industries LLC.) I usually listen to stuff like AC/DC because I feel that it makes my flying much more insane ... interesting.

I also like to make sure that the volume is at least half of the maximum. Did I mention I wear headphones?:cool:

Can't have enough Frank Sinatra.

For something a little more upbeat...

And I can't forget an obvious one.

EDIT: This probably isn't the greatest song to launch a rocket to, more of one to listen to once your in space. I think it deserves a spot here, though.

Edited by turkwinif

• 5 months later...

In reality, it's my J-pop/electronica/glitchhop station on Pandora. (Because Doctor P. immediately followed up by Hatsune Miku totally makes sense.) But on this topic, I'm going to go ahead and make a YouTube playlist...

I'm surprised nobody's listed Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"...

Seriously, there is only ONE truly KERBAL song to send rockets into space with.

Just picture it... The massive, ungainly space vehicle is wheeled out of the VAB amidst overwhelming media coverage and speeches by various dignitaries. As the kerbalnauts board the rocket and the countdown enters its final few seconds, the brass band next to the bleaches strikes up this tune...

The "Bayerischer Defiliermarsch", written in 1850 by Adolf Scherzer. King Ludwig II liked it so much he made it sort of a Bavarian national anthem and renamed it the Avanciermarsch. You might know Ludwig II as the "Mad King of Bavaria" who built the fairytale castle that was copied by Disneyland.

Anyway, both the song itself and its realworld history are totally Kerbal in all respects. Plus it's just a catchy tune that I can't get out of my head. The Kethane, then the Karbonite, and now the Ore Travelling Circuses have all piped it nonstop through the speakers of their ships to keep up the morale of their crews. The strains of the "Bayerische Defiliermarsch" have accompanied Kerbals on all the planets and moons of the system and (Kraken willing) always welcomed them back home to KSC. A better Kerbal song is there not.

I WIN :D

Edited by Geschosskopf

In reality, it's my J-pop/electronica/glitchhop station on Pandora. (Because Doctor P. immediately followed up by Hatsune Miku totally makes sense.) But on this topic, I'm going to go ahead and make a YouTube playlist...

I'm surprised nobody's listed Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"...

I'm a bit similar in that K-Pop is a guilty pleasure of mine. Strange when you consider that I otherwise mainly listen to guitar-driven hard/classic rock. It makes for an eclectic playlist: Guns 'n Roses, followed by White Stripes, followed by... 2NE1?

Anyway, I don't have a KSP-specific playlist, but if I did, anything from Holst's "The Planets". Specifically, "Mars, Bringer of War" makes good launch music:

Followed by Saint-Saens' "The Aquarium" when you reach orbit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6RBf_j5Y7A

@TheSoundOfTrees : Excellent choice with Magma !

Definetly this. :)

Cupcake...

A classic !

Let me complete the late 70s / early 80s space-disco list with these sonic orange-juice pieces :

- Dee D. Jackson, Automatic Lover (1978)

- Sylvia Love, Extraterrestrial Lover (1979)

- Nancy Nova, The Force (1981)

- The Immortals, The Ultimate Warlord (1979)

- Amanda Lear, Black Holes (1978)

---

and that's it, fellas.

* sparkles away

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.