[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

So in my game, I have completed the first three basic contracts - 18km, manned 18km, and space. Are there any further contracts yet? Your diagram on post #2 shows some for going orbital, recovery, Mun flyby, and a whole bunch more. Or are they under development??

Running SETI with virutally all mods (no Ven's stock revamp, almost all recommended mods), including:

KSP .90
SETI v. 0.8.8
Contract Configurator
Contract Packs:
-Advanced Progression
-CC-SETI
-Kerbin Space Station
-Remotetech
-spacetux

Those further contracts were working before, but I had that same issue as well the other day of the SETI contracts past those first 3 not showing up. I made a test save and played around with the contracts tab in the debug menu and was able to get the later contracts to show up, Yemo did some work with the contracts for 0.8.8 but had to pull some of the dev versions a few pages back due to a contract bug, there may still be a version of the bug lurking in the update. I would try declining a bunch of contracts and warping forwards at least a day to try to get those contracts to generate.

Just out of curiosity, why no Ven's stock revamp?

Don't worry, I'm not planning on making the barometer biome dependent in space. That doesn't make any sense at all.

The unmanned tech node sounds like an appropriate place for the drill, you have to purchase the R&D upgrade to unlock that node so you'll already have access to surface samples. It probably will need some balancing, although I'm not sure about making it not collectible, the mars rovers only have one drill and storage bays for multiple samples, I would be more inclined to increase the sample size so that you can only realistically fit one surface sample per science container. If that increases the transmission cost, that would actually better balance it since it takes time and energy to process a sample.

As far as integration, that depends on whether you want this to be a core part of SETI. If you want this to be a core mod, I would say to go ahead and integrate it, and I would be happy to help maintain the mod as basically a stand-alone version of the SETI science tweaks, the same way you separated the progression contracts out as a separate mod. This would actually be my preferred option, as those tweaks are really intended primarily for this mod anyways, although I would like to keep a standalone version as an option.

Another possible tweak I noticed that might help reduce the science overload later in the game is to remove biomes from the gravimeter when high in space since at those altitudes it makes more sense that you would be doing a much more general scan and reserve the biome specific stuff for lower orbits.

Edit: New version of the science tweaks is up, I adjusted the barometer mask so biomes should be respected while flying low now. Also added a few new situation reports for the telemetry experiment.

That sounds like a good way, since EVA samples are "collectible" anyway.

I would very much like it to be a core part, since it just fits the whole balancing idea perfectly. Thank you very much!

I m not very familiar with the biome filters. But since the gravimeter is very late now (electronics) compared to the accelerometer (survivability), biome dependence might give an incentive to revisit the biomes from orbit as well and alter the flight path. With the new 7 payout instead of 20 or so, this would be ok, imho.

Both incorporated, thank you!

So in my game, I have completed the first three basic contracts - 18km, manned 18km, and space. Are there any further contracts yet? Your diagram on post #2 shows some for going orbital, recovery, Mun flyby, and a whole bunch more. Or are they under development??

Running SETI with virutally all mods (no Ven's stock revamp, almost all recommended mods), including:

KSP .90
SETI v. 0.8.8
Contract Configurator
Contract Packs:
-Advanced Progression
-CC-SETI
-Kerbin Space Station
-Remotetech
-spacetux

Well, there are 2 issues.

1. One of the dev versions was really bad and messed with the contracts. I reverted the contracts in the latest dev version, though it might still have messed up your savegame. I will put a big disclaimer on further dev versions to make a backup of the savegame.

2. General Progression contract packs are redundant with SETI and thus might mess up the slots/progression. It was stated in the supported mods list, but I now made it red and put a list of supported contract packs in the INSTALL section. I m not familiar with Kerbin Space Station (SETI has some basic station contracts) and spacetux, but I definately know that AdvancedProgression is redundant and watched a streamer having problems with that and SETI.

Due to the massive amount of changes for the next update, I will post another dev version later today, something of a release candidat. It includes nearly all the important changes (contracts, science experiments, procedural parts, techtree, monoprop, boosters and so on...), but will lack most of the planned mod support.

It will probably have the longest changelog yet, a worthy last 0.8.x patch...

Since KSPI changes in the next major version, 0.9.0 is planned to be only a small wrap up (since 0.8.9 is so large, there will surely be something to correct...) and thus possibly the final 0.90 KSP patch for SETI.

Edited by Yemo

well i've just come back from the mun and now sent something to eve... you seriously SERIOUSLY need to nerf the barometer

i dragged all 300 kilograms of a goo pod (and another 300kg of useless clutter on the other side to balance it) all the way to the mun to find out:

1) you can't recover the data with a kerbal, you need to return the pod (futile to attempt with DRE installed as anything not made out of heatshields will blow up with this last version)

2) transmitting it amounted to pretty much nothing

3) the barometer, which is weightless and takes up as much space as a cubic octagonal strut has 100% transmission efficiency, is reusable and short of a surface sample was the most lucrative experiment on the lander... oh yeah and you can grab it with kerbal if you have KAS and run around with it taking readings for buckets of fun and science

not to mention you're not really getting much data from a barometer on an airless body in the first place

i would suggest adjusting the science rates for the early career experiments so the non-reusable ones (goo and lab) yield transmission efficiencies high enough to surpass the weightless experiments and their recover rewards worth their weight (big problem there)

right now there is no incentive to bringing along any of the heavy experiments on science trips, this early into career (when the heavy experiments are worth doing) you've got two moons with plenty of biomes to spam light experiments in, bringing the other experiments along only starts making sense when you run out of places to do science in

on an unrelated note, if for whatever reason you want to nerf the tweakscale on the DMagic stuffs, please consider nerfing the science returns on them instead, else it's going to make building small probes a nightmare :P

keep up the good work

@zilfondel

Stock Revamp also redoes a lot of the parts that aren't pruned, like the pods and engines. The Mk1-2 especially is vastly improved in terms of appearance, and also now has integrated RCS thrusters. The jet engine intakes get some nice animations as well and most of the stock parts have better textures and a few have better quality models as well.

@igor_perusco

Yeah, I forgot that airless bodies still have surface biomes that a landed barometer will still pick up.

I suppose a quick and easy fix would be to make it so the barometer is only biome dependent when flying. That would solve the issue on airless bodies since there's no flying situation available, only low in space. It would also balance the science rewards in atmospheres back closer to stock where the barometer was only biome dependent when landed, so I would basically be switching the situations.

For anyone who is interested in how the situation and biome maps work, there's a thread here that talks about it.

Edit: I just did a quick update to the mod, if you want to make the change yourself just change the biomemask value to 4 for the barometer.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

Great mod and i really enjoy playing it, but the memory leak is unbearable. With everything set to low and i am only able to play for 10 minutes before the game crashes. i have taskmgr open on a second screen and i can just watch it start from 2 gigs and end at 3.7 and crash in a matter of minutes.

I've tried removing mods to figure out what it is but nothing works.

anyone else have this problem?

I've completely deleted the game and reinstalled it twice hoping it would work.

@Eagle21221

That's a little strange, is the 2GB starting point right when the game first starts up, or once it hits the main menu? The entire gamedata folder is loaded before it hits the main menu so you will see a tremendous amount of memory usage during that time.

The SETI maxmods install is very close to the memory limit for 32-bit KSP and will be very unstable unless you take some steps to reduce the memory footprint. The fix I use that works well for me (and has also worked for other users) is to force the game to use opengl instead of directx. Opengl is much more efficient with the memory than the default dx9 is and with a full maxmods install it will save over a GB of memory so the game should be much more stable, and you'll have enough overhead to install some visual mods as well if you want. Also make sure you're using autopruner if you're using procedural parts so the game won't load the unused parts into memory.

To force the game to use opengl instead of directx, create a shortcut to KSP.exe in the KSP folder and then right-click and go to properties, and on the top line that has the full path to the game add -force-opengl right after the closing double quote and click ok. Now you can run the game from that shortcut and it will use opengl.

Note that when using opengl you'll have a weird glitch when the game hits the main menu where you can only see about a quarter of the screen, just alt-tab out of the game and then switch back to it and it will work. Antialiasing doesn't work either in this mode so some of the edges will look a little jagged.

If you don't mind awful looking textures, you can also use active texture management to compress the textures as they're loaded, but I don't like to recommend it because of how awful a lot of the parts look.

If that doesn't work for some reason, try installing exception detector and see if a particular mod is throwing a lot of exceptions that may be resulting in the extra memory leaks.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable with Linux, you can install KSP on a 64-bit distro and you won't have to worry about the RAM limit.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

NEW dev version!

well i've just come back from the mun and now sent something to eve... you seriously SERIOUSLY need to nerf the barometer

i dragged all 300 kilograms of a goo pod (and another 300kg of useless clutter on the other side to balance it) all the way to the mun to find out:

1) you can't recover the data with a kerbal, you need to return the pod (futile to attempt with DRE installed as anything not made out of heatshields will blow up with this last version)

2) transmitting it amounted to pretty much nothing

3) the barometer, which is weightless and takes up as much space as a cubic octagonal strut has 100% transmission efficiency, is reusable and short of a surface sample was the most lucrative experiment on the lander... oh yeah and you can grab it with kerbal if you have KAS and run around with it taking readings for buckets of fun and science

not to mention you're not really getting much data from a barometer on an airless body in the first place

i would suggest adjusting the science rates for the early career experiments so the non-reusable ones (goo and lab) yield transmission efficiencies high enough to surpass the weightless experiments and their recover rewards worth their weight (big problem there)

right now there is no incentive to bringing along any of the heavy experiments on science trips, this early into career (when the heavy experiments are worth doing) you've got two moons with plenty of biomes to spam light experiments in, bringing the other experiments along only starts making sense when you run out of places to do science in

on an unrelated note, if for whatever reason you want to nerf the tweakscale on the DMagic stuffs, please consider nerfing the science returns on them instead, else it's going to make building small probes a nightmare :P

keep up the good work

Barometer nerfed a lot, from 12 science return to 3, biome mask change from Lord Aurelius incorporated as well.

Mass of mystery goo and materials bay reduced to 160kg, mystery goo science return increased from 10/13 to 18/23 science.

You can drop the experiments with heat shields, but another option is, to return them to a science lab in space and transmit from there (the big one from station science boosts transmission efficiency by a factor of 3, the small mobile one from stock by a factor of 2.5).

DMagic experiments science returns nerfed (between 5/6 and 2/3 of previous values), but many have a reduced mass of 20kg instead of 40kg now. Tweakscale should be removed from them (thus they might be bulky, but have less mass).

Also, Monoprop storage per volume increased a lot (about 1/3 more per volume) and the stock tanks are now in line.

@zilfondel

Stock Revamp also redoes a lot of the parts that aren't pruned, like the pods and engines. The Mk1-2 especially is vastly improved in terms of appearance, and also now has integrated RCS thrusters. The jet engine intakes get some nice animations as well and most of the stock parts have better textures and a few have better quality models as well.

@igor_perusco

Yeah, I forgot that airless bodies still have surface biomes that a landed barometer will still pick up.

I suppose a quick and easy fix would be to make it so the barometer is only biome dependent when flying. That would solve the issue on airless bodies since there's no flying situation available, only low in space. It would also balance the science rewards in atmospheres back closer to stock where the barometer was only biome dependent when landed, so I would basically be switching the situations.

For anyone who is interested in how the situation and biome maps work, there's a thread here that talks about it.

Edit: I just did a quick update to the mod, if you want to make the change yourself just change the biomemask value to 4 for the barometer.

I ve incorporated the changes into the dev build, thank you very much.

Great mod and i really enjoy playing it, but the memory leak is unbearable. With everything set to low and i am only able to play for 10 minutes before the game crashes. i have taskmgr open on a second screen and i can just watch it start from 2 gigs and end at 3.7 and crash in a matter of minutes.

Which version of KSP do you use (32/64 bit, Linux/Windows)? I would also need a screenshot of your GameData folder.

Do you use any RAM control methods, like OpenGl, ActiveTextureManagement or DDS loader?

That kind of memory leak is extreme and indicates some sort of major issue. While scene changes increase memory buildup, it should last for 2 hours or so.

This is a dev build, please make a backup of your saves folder!

DOWNLOAD: SETI-BalanceMod-v0.8.8dev6

Many important changes regarding contracts, science experiments, procedural parts, techtree, monoprop, boosters and so on...

This changelog is based on 0.8.8, and includes the changes from the previous dev versions:

**Contracts**

* Stock progression contracts (explore body) removed, since they could not be cancelled and blocked the list

* New "Space Exploration & Technology Initiative" agency to identify SETI contracts (though it still uses the stock image)

* Powered Landing contracts do not allow aero parts on vessel (wings, nose cones, intakes)

**Science Experiments*

* Mystery Goo and Materials Bay have half the previous mass (160kg instead of 320kg)

* Mystery Goo rewards increased from 10/13 to 18/23 science

* New automatic surface sample experiment from Lord Aurelius "StockScienceTweaks" included (@unmannedTech)

* Updated biome mask of Barometer Experiment from "StockScienceTweaks", now biome dependent when flying low, no ground readings

* Nerfed TemperatureScan and Barometer considerably, to rebalance the early science gains

* Nerfed Accelerometer and Gravimeter considerably, but they are available earlier @basicRocketry/electronics

* Acc/Grav got their physics significance back, rebalanced their costs and masses

* Many DMagic Experiments nerfed

* Many DMagic Experiment parts shuffled around in the tech tree and many are only 20kg instead of 40kg

**Extended Mod Support**

* Kerbal Foundries (only the skid is rebalanced so far and moved to stability, rest is still unbalanced)

**Reintroduced Nose Cones, updated Autopruner file**

* FAR likes normal nose cones much better than procedural ones...

* So the normal ones are brought back

* If you use AutoPruner, then unprune with the old autopruner file and reprune with the new one

**Procedural Parts*

* Monoprop tank capacity per volume drastically increased

* Procedural Probe Core with Battery tank type option (much less dense than Procedural Battery)

* Procedural Structural Element and Nose Cone restricted like the other procedural parts

* Procedural Structural Element and Nose Cone with low density battery option and fuel tank options

* Therefore a low density procedural battery is available at the start!

* New Procedural KAS Life Support Container!

* Decreased minimum volume of procedural boosters

**TechTree changes**

* CTT AdvancedRecycling/Hydroponics node renamed to Orbital Stations

* CTT Orbital Surveys node costs increased from 90 to 160

* Basic ladder earlier @stability

* Small Adjustable Landing Gear earlier @stability

* Procedural Alkaline Fuel Cell earlier @survivability

* Procedural Battery earlier @survivability

* Some more basic structural parts moved to generalConstruction

* Hardpoints earlier eg small one @stability

* RLA Spinnaker LFO engine (75kN thrust, 0.625m diameter) earlier @generalRocketry

* VenStockRevamp SnubOtron earlier @generalRocketry

* Standard Nose Cone earlier @start

* Protective Nose Cone later @heavyRocketry

* KAS/KIS parts shuffled around the tech tree, generally earlier

* KipEng Low Profile Station parts later @Orbital Stations (CTT) or specializedConstruction

* Clamp-o-tron docking port with integrated parachute earlier @advMetalworks

* MicroGoo and micro materials bay later @exoticAlloys

**Rebalances & Adjustments**

* Monoprop thrusters and tanks rebalanced (higher capacity tanks, lower isp engines, less mass & cost RCS)

* Non-procedural nose cones reintroduced, because FAR likes them much better than the procedural ones...

* Non-procedural nose cones rebalanced in terms of mass and costs, also renamed

* Non-Procedural Boosters sometimes heavily rebalanced to be in line with the procedural ones

* Procedural Nose Cones are surface attachable and accept surface attachments

* Non-procedural decouplers and separators have tweakscale configs

* HECS probe core gets a small reaction wheel

* Micronode (non-rockomax one) now allows radial attachment

* Jet engine costs rebalanced

* LFI Basic Jet Engine rated at Ma0.95 instead of Ma1.2

* Structural Girder costs rebalanced

* Small Landing Gear has physics significance and mass of 50kg

* Hardpoints rebalanced

* Mk2-R Parachute case rescaled to fit the actually contained chute

* BaseMount part from Habitat Pack now supports tweakscale

* A bit lower entry costs for LV-T45

* KAX Heavy Jet fuel tank rebalanced to be in line with procedural parts

* Mk1 Liquid Fuel rebalanced to be in line with procedural parts

**Minor Changes and Fixes**

* Mainsail Gimbal restored to stock value for VenStockRevamp

* Habitats corrected

* HERP pod had the wrong mass, it was too light

* TR-18D Stack Separator node position fix (especially for StockPartRevamp)

* Deleted TweakScale configs from DMagic Science Experiments

Edited by Yemo

I was just testing out the new update in a sandbox game and realized how much time I spend sorting through all the part pages. With a full maxmods install, there's a lot of stuff in the game now. To help better organize it, would you consider adding some new parts categories like has been done with parachutes and robotics?

I was just testing out the new update in a sandbox game and realized how much time I spend sorting through all the part pages. With a full maxmods install, there's a lot of stuff in the game now. To help better organize it, would you consider adding some new parts categories like has been done with parachutes and robotics?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104231-0-90-Filter-Extensions-2-0-4-%28Apr-8%29

I have no idea how well the distributed configs will work with SETI given it's liberal parts pruning, but that's what MM is for :P (PS: I struggle with just the stock parts sometimes, I've no idea how you cope with that mammoth list without extra filters).

@Crzyrndm

It looks like it works about as well as can be expected, i.e. it looks like it's scanning the modules and filtering based on those. Still, just being able to have a few extra options for sorting things helps.

Eventually though, it would be nice if SETI added a few more categories to help organize the parts, especially for things like the spaceplane systems which have parts all over the place.

@Crzyrndm

It looks like it works about as well as can be expected, i.e. it looks like it's scanning the modules and filtering based on those.

Oh, functionally it'll be fine (and it can do a lot more than just check modules btw ;)). It's more whether the groupings are useful given parts being removed. If someone (Yemo or otherwise) wants to put together an alternate/SETI setup, I have zero issues with that.

This will give you a category with: wings, control surfaces, Mk1/2/3 fuselage, jet engines, and intakes as subcategories. The Mk* subcats will probably need a bit of tweaking to be fully reliable

CATEGORY
{
name = Spaceplane Parts
icon = AeroParts
colour = #FF0000 // red, colour is in hex (A)RGB, # and 0x are recognised hex prefixes (usage optional)
all = true // first subcategory includes all the parts in the subcategories

SUBCATEGORIES
{
list = 0, Wings // number is order of appearance from top, followed by subcategory name
list = 1, Control Surface
list = 2, Mk1 Fuselage
list = 3, Mk2 Fuselage
list = 4, Mk3 Fuselage
list = 5, Jets
list = 6, Air Intake
}
}

// Wings, Control surface, Jets, and Air Intake already defined, just need Mk1/2/3
SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Mk1 Fuselage
icon = number1 // needs a proper icon
// parts from mods
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = title
value = Mk1
}
CHECK
{
type = size
value = 1 // has to use atleast 1xsize 1 (1.25m) attach node. Trying to filter out parts that might incorrectly be picked up by the title filter
}
CHECK
{
type = folder
value = Squad
invert = true
}
}
// Squad's Mk1 parts
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = path
value = Squad/Parts/Mk1 // mk1 fuselage sections
}
}
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = name
value = Mark1Cockpit, Mark2Cockpit, nacelleBody // Mk1/Mk1 inline cockpits, and engine nacelle
}
}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Mk2 Fuselage
icon = number2
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = title
value = Mk2 // has Mk2 (case insensitive) in the part title
}
CHECK
{
type = size
value = 1 // has to use atleast 1xsize 1 (1.25m) attach node
}
CHECK
{
type = folder
value = Squad
invert = true
}
}
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = path
value = Squad/SPP
}
CHECK
{
type = path
value = Squad/SPP/Wings
invert = true
}
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = ModuleResourceIntake
invert = true
}
}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Mk3 Fuselage
icon = number3
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = title
value = Mk3 // has Mk3 (case insensitive) in the part title
}
CHECK
{
type = size
value = 3 // has to use atleast 1xsize 3 (3.75m) attach node
}
CHECK
{
type = folder
value = Squad
invert = true
}
}
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = path
value = Squad/Parts/Mk3
}
}
}

EDIT

Updated to handle stock parts properly, mods will still be hit and miss since there isn't a real identifier for Mk1/2/3 parts other than the name

Edited by Crzyrndm

NEW dev version! (and the other stuff)

YES I LOVE IT

DMagic experiments science returns nerfed (between 5/6 and 2/3 of previous values), but many have a reduced mass of 20kg instead of 40kg now. Tweakscale should be removed from them (thus they might be bulky, but have less mass)

not cool...;.;

oh well i'll manage

in other news the game appears to behave very strangely as far as memory goes.. see below

rV2xlA5.png

no atm, no opengl, no pruned parts just ddsloader and texture replacer

it shoots up to the memory limit pretty quickly on scene changes (which i do a lot of) and on tweakables (i know this particular problem is unavoidable at the moment)

scene changes also appear to crash the game sometimes without an error log and way below the memory limit

there's definitely something in there causing memory problems, if not in the recommended mod list maybe in the seti folder itself?

Edited by igor_perusco
image link

For the moment I want to stay with the title changes for sorting (Electrics:, Mono, LFO and so on). SETI specific Filter Extensions are an option after KSP 1.0, since there are so many other fronts to work on at the moment. And I want to see what changes with 1.0 anyway.

I would prefer the "worst clutterers" to bring their own category, like infernal robotics has its own tab. And then maybe do something about the overflowing utilities tab via a SETI specific category.

Not sure about the memory upshoot on scene changes. If anyone affected could try with his usual mod list but with a deleted SETI folder, that would be great for narrowing it down.

I m working on having a release version of the 0.8.9 patch until tomorrow, but I m at a Linux system for the weekend, so it would be great to know if that is a SETI or a mod specific problem.

I had the same problem, although I also had EVE + BA + OP + Keptunian planets mods installed, so I just switched to Linux x64 and am not dealing with the memory limitation or any crashes anymore.

2. General Progression contract packs are redundant with SETI and thus might mess up the slots/progression. It was stated in the supported mods list, but I now made it red and put a list of supported contract packs in the INSTALL section. I m not familiar with Kerbin Space Station (SETI has some basic station contracts) and spacetux, but I definately know that AdvancedProgression is redundant and watched a streamer having problems with that and SETI.

Thanks. I could not get any of the later contracts to show up, even using the debug monitor, until I removed "advanced progression" and "spacetux" contracts. Now they seem to work.

I can just reset my contracts and launch again, I wasn't very far into my game.

For some reason the telemetry experiment isn't showing up on most of the stock probe cores on my SETI install, I suspect there may be a MM issue somewhere. It works with the procedural core and the Mk2 drone core, as well as with the mk4 core, but not the others. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a debug option for KSP or MM that shows the final config file built for each part?

Edited by Lord Aurelius

Requesting 0s to be added to the names of procedural fairings parts (including multiple engine plate thing, I keep searching for it every time)

Edit: Procedural Heat Shield is broken, it's stuck on 1.250m

Edited by SwGustav

Looks like the patch adding the telemetry report thing is missing from the download in the OP but not from the last link Yemo posted (a few posts up)?

Mod folder hierarchy has become a bit confusing in the last few dev releases

EDIT: Wait has the patch which adds telemetry readings changed position after the last release?

Edited by igor_perusco

Requesting 0s to be added to the names of procedural fairings parts (including multiple engine plate thing, I keep searching for it every time)

Edit: Procedural Heat Shield is broken, it's stuck on 1.250m

Fixed the heatshield, thank you!

For some reason the telemetry experiment isn't showing up on most of the stock probe cores on my SETI install, I suspect there may be a MM issue somewhere. It works with the procedural core and the Mk2 drone core, as well as with the mk4 core, but not the others. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a debug option for KSP or MM that shows the final config file built for each part?
Looks like the patch adding the telemetry report thing is missing from the download in the OP but not from the last link Yemo posted (a few posts up)?

Mod folder hierarchy has become a bit confusing in the last few dev releases

EDIT: Wait has the patch which adds telemetry readings changed position after the last release?

I bundled the science settings in a new config, since there are so many now. Not sure why that would effect MM, since they are both alphabetically after all the other folders/configs...

While I can not test it at the moment, I changed the @PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#vesselType[Probe]]

line, which should add the telemetry report, to @PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#vesselType[Probe]]:AFTER[sETI].

That ususally works in such cases.

As mentioned, can not test at the moment, so no release patch today.

Dev version, make sure to back up your savegames!

DOWNLOAD: SETI-BalanceMod-v0.8.8dev7

That seems to have fixed it, thanks. I was actually looking through the configs myself and noticed that on the probe core parts the SETI config deletes all the modules and then adds them back in. MM must have been adding the experiment before running the SETI part configs so it was getting deleted.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

MAJOR UPDATE INTERSTELLAR EXTENDED which can be downloaded from KerbalStuff:

Version 0.9.0 for Kerbal Space Program 0.90

Released on 2015-04-18

• Added Interstellar Fuel Tanks which can store interstellar CRP 2.0 propellants at cryogenic temperatures at reduced mass but increased power requirements
  • Disabled several cryogenic tanks
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch is now compatible with Tweakscale
  • Cryostat Storage Boil-off and electric Power requirement now depends on ambient temperature and propellant boiling temperature
  • Cryostat Storage Boil off and electric Power requirement correctly scales with Tweakscale using Surface Area scale
  • Included SETI Renaming for Interstellar Parts
  • Fixed radioactive decay interaction with Interstellar Fuel Switch (by Mr Nukealizer)
  • Fixed Atmospheric Intakes (by Mr Nukealizer)

I was just reading an article on the new electric rocket motor (i.e. it uses an electric motor to pump the fuel instead of a turbopump) that Rocket Lab has developed and I was thinking that might make for a neat little engine.

How much interest is there in me writing up a little config for one of the stock engines (say, the rockomax 0.625m stack engine or the LVT-909)? I would like the engine to fill a niche, I was thinking of making it a very low-cost engine (the most expensive part of a rocket engine is the turbopump) with a relatively higher ISP since it's not wasting any fuel to run the pump, but with a lower TWR due to the weight of the electric motor compared to a turbopump and you would need to bring a relatively big battery pack as well (turbopumps are usually measured in 1000s of horsepower for rocket motors). It could work well for very small launchers (i.e. the real world use) or for probes which have solar panels to offset the energy requirements and don't mind the low TWR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.