[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

Hey lovely people,

Just a quick note to say that the current SETI-Contracts (0.9.2) has a KSP-AVC file with a parsing error (there's a missing comma before "KSP_VERSION_MIN" which is causing the CKAN indexing bot to cry.

I'm providing counselling to the indexing bot now, so it should be up shortly, but thought I should report the error for future releases.

Keep being awesome,

~ pjf

Hey lovely people,

Just a quick note to say that the current SETI-Contracts (0.9.2) has a KSP-AVC file with a parsing error (there's a missing comma before "KSP_VERSION_MIN" which is causing the CKAN indexing bot to cry.

I'm providing counselling to the indexing bot now, so it should be up shortly, but thought I should report the error for future releases.

Keep being awesome,

~ pjf

Thank you very much!

I corrected the mistake and uploaded a new version.

Thank you very much!

I corrected the mistake and uploaded a new version.

And our bot picked up on that and indexed it before I even finished counselling! You *rock*. Thank you! :D

Thanks for your patience on this one _Zee. Contract Configurator 1.5.0 is just release and should hopefully fix your issues... let me know if you see an improvement.

Thank you very much. I only tested a little but at least for me it felt as if it considerably reduced the stutter.

Since I have no planned changes/additions for SETIcontracts at the moment, the 1.0.2 version should work fine.

I ll just update the version number as soon as _Zee confirms that the problem was fixed for him.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Squad is releasing so many patches and it generally takes me a full day to comb through all the mod threads to read and understand all the updates that they have to make since I have so many, that I've kind of taken a break from playing and visiting the forums until things seem to settle down again.

At any rate, I downloaded and installed CC 1.5 and retested my control save. I can definitely notice an improvement, but I wouldn't say the problem has been completely solved. I went from experiencing maybe 10 microstutters in the space of 5 seconds to roughly 3 microstutters in the space of 5 seconds, if I try and quantify it (which is obviously kind of hard to do). Monitoring the performance window shows an obvious improvement though, and as far as the overall "feel" goes, it went from completely unplayable to barely playable. It still shows that the problem is there however when manually completing the contract, as those microstutters then drop to 0.

Thanks for all your effort on this Yemo and Nightingale. At the end of the day "barely playable" is still playable, so I greatly appreciate the fix.

Hi SkyMarshal,

when I understood Yemo correctly the current version will also work with 1.0.4.

However Yemo wants to tweak and rework some things of the Tech Tree in general, so the 1.0.4 version will come with some additional enhancements.

I wonder if it will be possible to update from the current version to the newer version during a game or if we need to restart the carrier mode afterwards?

Best regards,

GrafZahl

And our bot picked up on that and indexed it before I even finished counselling! You *rock*. Thank you! :D

You are welcome, syntax errors are a real pain for automated systems.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Squad is releasing so many patches and it generally takes me a full day to comb through all the mod threads to read and understand all the updates that they have to make since I have so many, that I've kind of taken a break from playing and visiting the forums until things seem to settle down again.

At any rate, I downloaded and installed CC 1.5 and retested my control save. I can definitely notice an improvement, but I wouldn't say the problem has been completely solved. I went from experiencing maybe 10 microstutters in the space of 5 seconds to roughly 3 microstutters in the space of 5 seconds, if I try and quantify it (which is obviously kind of hard to do). Monitoring the performance window shows an obvious improvement though, and as far as the overall "feel" goes, it went from completely unplayable to barely playable. It still shows that the problem is there however when manually completing the contract, as those microstutters then drop to 0.

Thanks for all your effort on this Yemo and Nightingale. At the end of the day "barely playable" is still playable, so I greatly appreciate the fix.

Hm, I hope nightingale can improve upon it in the future.

Just curious, but as Nertea handled the update just by stating the existing Community Tech Tree is 1.0.4 compatible, is the SETI-CTT mod for 1.0.2 also 1.0.4 compatible?
Hi SkyMarshal,

when I understood Yemo correctly the current version will also work with 1.0.4.

However Yemo wants to tweak and rework some things of the Tech Tree in general, so the 1.0.4 version will come with some additional enhancements.

I wonder if it will be possible to update from the current version to the newer version during a game or if we need to restart the carrier mode afterwards?

Best regards,

GrafZahl

Yep, SETIctt 0.8.4 is fully 1.04 compatible, I just added this info to the OP.

Unfortunately the planned update is much more work than expected and I did not have as much time during the last days as I planned to have.

All updates can be done during a career without problems. Though for the coming update, just keep in mind that the role of the mobile processing lab will change.

@Yemo:

Wow, thanks for the fast response :) Ok I guess with that information the last impediment for starting a new carrier with 1.0.4 is solved *Yeah*

Thanks for that awesome mod! It helps so much so really feel a progress with every step on the TechTree :)

The issue with Pparts and tweak scaled parts is finally fixed. For sure this time I ran tests that had 100% caused the issue in the past. God this is a dream come true. So when the balance mod is revived we could go back to the wonderful pruning of all tanks and only Pparts. I am so happy this bug is squashed. :D

Anyone else here has problems with heat shielding not working with this mod? My landing section consists of parachutes, MK1 command pod, 1.25m service bay and heat shield (in this order) and it's not absorbing any heat at all.

Kind of makes landings... difficult. :P

I'll mark it as 1.0.4 compatible on CKAN, then. Thanks for all the hard work!

Thank you!

The issue with Pparts and tweak scaled parts is finally fixed. For sure this time I ran tests that had 100% caused the issue in the past. God this is a dream come true. So when the balance mod is revived we could go back to the wonderful pruning of all tanks and only Pparts. I am so happy this bug is squashed. :D

Wow, finally.

Although it is too late for this version, it will make Pparts viable again.

Which is really nice considering all the Pparts related tweaks from the BalanceMod.

Things move slowly at the moment, did not have time over the weekend to do the update, let alone look at github.

I hope to remedy this, though I really have a lot of other stuff on my hands at the moment.

The SETIctt update is certainly coming out today.

Anyone else here has problems with heat shielding not working with this mod? My landing section consists of parachutes, MK1 command pod, 1.25m service bay and heat shield (in this order) and it's not absorbing any heat at all.

Kind of makes landings... difficult. :P

Hm, I m not modding the heat shields at all, so I guess it is a 1.0.4 stock issue?

You might want to get a description and links to the "Initial Contracts" up in the first post.

Also, you may want to release some more contract subsets for those who only want some of the expanded contracts.

You might want to get a description and links to the "Initial Contracts" up in the first post.

Also, you may want to release some more contract subsets for those who only want some of the expanded contracts.

I m astonished at how many people downloaded it, since it is just a micro version of SETIcontracts. Will revisit its placement in the OP.

Additional Contract packs/subsets are not planned, it would be too much work to maintain them.

Please note that AntennaRange really does not like antennas on probes and command pods (gives weird glitches in the tech tree part descriptions of those probes/command pods).

Therefore I just do not add an antenna to probes/command pods if AntennaRange is installed.

SETI CommunityTechTree v0.9.0 (for KSP 1.0.4)

TechTree changes

• Aerodynamics branch rearranged, more interdependencies
  • New node "Wide-Body Aerodynamics"
  • Big-S parts earlier @subsonicFlight
  • Structural Pylon earlier @aviation

Progression Rebalancing

• If the CustomBarnKit is installed, Action Groups are unlocked from the start
  • Kerbals have fixed hiring costs
  • Active contracts limit increased to 3 and 9

Science Rebalancing

• Radial MaterialsBay, using the MysteryGoo pod (can anyone provide different textures?)
  • Scientist stars do not boost experiment returns, they can still clean out experiments
  • Mobile Processing Lab mechanic is broken/imbalanced to a point where I can not fix it without writing code
  • Thus I nerfed it to at least contain the damage of this horribly unbalanced 1.0.x mechanic

SETI-CTT Mod Support

• Custom Barn Kit
  • Fantom Works (thank you theonegalen)
  • Heat Management (thank you theonegalen)
  • Near Future Spacecraft
  • Station Science
  • Taurus HCV (thank you theonegalen)

Minor Changes & Fixes

• MysteryGoo mass fixed
  • US Magnetometer @Engineering101
  • MM statement to add telemetry report should be inactive if StockScienceTweaks is installed

Edited by Yemo

Just a quick question; is this mod intended to remove all the stock distance, speed and altitude record breaking contracts? No problem if it is, but that's what installing this mod has done to all games run with it so far.

Yes sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

• Mobile Processing Lab mechanic is broken/imbalanced to a point where I can not fix it without writing code
  • Thus I nerfed it to at least contain the damage of this horribly unbalanced 1.0.x mechanic

What did you change about it?

Very happy about the radiator compatibility change and the radial materials bay :)

Why is that? Were they considered overpowered, or buggy? I haven't noticed anything buggy about them so far.

Unfortunately very overpowered, I could easily make 770k funds before leaving LKO. I would like to have something like them with less bank breaking consequences. Unfortunately I do not know how, using ContractConfigurator, especially the auto-activation and that they do not count for the max limit in mission control.

What did you change about it?

Very happy about the radiator compatibility change and the radial materials bay :)

It mainly requires more crew (2 instead of 1) and produces a lot less science (multiplier 0.3 instead of 5), though it can hold more data in storage.

I forgot it in the patch notes, but the big science lab from station science now should work like the MPL as well. It needs 4 crew and has a multiplier of 1 instead of the 0.3 of the MPL.

Of course the big one still produces Eurekas for the station science experiments.

I wish I had another texture for the radial materials bay, but it works.

I thought that was probably why they were taken out. Dat money though.

I wish I could make those kinds of background contracts using contract configurator, but I do not know how.

Hi

Are the SETI Contracts fully implmented yet ?

Thanks!

Nope, no changes there, the red line is still the limit. And with squads continued disimprovements (XP system, MobileProcessingLab, the last patches...) I lack the motivation to work on them.

I have a rescue contract but when I get close to the "capsule" it is just a single hybrid rocket booster. I can switch to it but I can't EVA the Kerbal.

Currently I'm considering if I should push her out of orbit or if I should let her suffocate (got TAC life support installed so she probably won't live until I unlock the claw).

Is there possibly some keyword set wrong for the hybrid rocket booster or something the like?

Edit: And a second rescue contract is a probe core with a Kerbal stuck inside...

Edit2: and my third rescue contract is a mechjeb case with a Kerbal somehow stuck inside.

This mod is pretty cool but you monsters are responsive for the death of three Kerbals! Or at least I'm assuming this mod broke the rescue contracts... I'm currently using mainly the mods quill18 is using in his newest let's play and everything worked fine before installing these: http://i.imgur.com/5atq9K1.jpg

Edited by rofltehcat

I have a rescue contract but when I get close to the "capsule" it is just a single hybrid rocket booster. I can switch to it but I can't EVA the Kerbal.

Currently I'm considering if I should push her out of orbit or if I should let her suffocate (got TAC life support installed so she probably won't live until I unlock the claw).

Is there possibly some keyword set wrong for the hybrid rocket booster or something the like?

Edit: And a second rescue contract is a probe core with a Kerbal stuck inside...

Edit2: and my third rescue contract is a mechjeb case with a Kerbal somehow stuck inside.

This mod is pretty cool but you monsters are responsive for the death of three Kerbals! Or at least I'm assuming this mod broke the rescue contracts... I'm currently using mainly the mods quill18 is using in his newest let's play and everything worked fine before installing these: http://i.imgur.com/5atq9K1.jpg

That sounds like a serious issue. As a matter of fact, I just experienced some myself, with KAX propellers not working and the fixed "long-leg" landing gear resulting in my plane weirdly bouncing off the runway as if gravity was hacked.

I currently have no idea what the problem is with either of them.

I checked the HRB again, but I found no problems at all and it was not changed in the last versions.

The "long-leg" landing gear was not changed by me at all, neither was the KAX propeller (except for the unlocking tech).

Could you upload a screenshot of your GameData folder and your ContractPacks folder?

Thank you very much for the info on quills mod pack, I m very much looking forward to seeing him with with KSP!

GameData folder: http://imgur.com/EhdiBfB

I don't have the contracts part of this mod installed, though it looks pretty nice. I just assumed it was related to this mod because it first appeared with the booster. Maybe it is just a consequence of only having a limited number of crew modules, though that isn't a problem in stock either...

Here is the savegame if you want to check out the stranded Kerbals: http://www.filedropper.com/savegameremotetech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.