Cancel contract button - positioning

With approximately 20 years of muscle/visual memory telling me that a cross towards the upper-right means "close this window" - and having yet again cancelled a contract I hadn't meant to (I was just browsing it and was about to go check some details about it in the tracking station) - could we please have the cancel contract button in somewhere less "top-rightish? Maybe at the bottom of the contract where (again) muscle/visual memory has trained me that more action-oriented/permanent actions will exist.

Or am I the only person who's accidentally cancelled contracts when merely intending to leave that screen?

I've never had this problem, but I would really like there to be a cancel contract hotkey. Nothing worse than moving the mouse back and forth 30 times while the game keeps regenerating the same "Test this part at an altitude and speed that nobody ever wants to test anything at, for this tiny pittance of a reward" contract.

I don't seem to have the same issue when I'm looking at the potential contracts and there are the accept/reject buttons in the top right (maybe due to there being two buttons in close proximity) but I have accidentally cancelled already accepted contracts at least five time now, when there's a single X button towards the top right.

Hmm, like the other posters I haven't experienced this problem (in spite of using windows nearly exclusively for the last 13? 14 years? something like that). I can see how it might be an issue if you're half asleep though. Moving the buttons to the bottom would be more consistent with typical UI layouts, but it would be more annoying to have to move the mouse that far to click them (especially for the poor laptop users who insist on using their trackpads). If there was a hotkey for both accept and cancel (that you were unlikely to accidentally press) I think that would be great though :D.

I've done it several times by mistake - and OP is talking about canceling already accepted contracts via the fat red X in the upper right, not clearing out unaccepted crap contracts.

Please relocate the X or add an "Are you sure?" prompt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.