[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

for \'animation\' i use a keyboard macro on my G19 but im sure there are better macro softwares out there.

press 1 key and my bot starts walking until i press it again.

the swing-wing pivot needs some cfg or model work - it\'s nearly impossible to actually connect a wing to as there is no 'flat' face to grab - if there is, it\'s no bigger than a pinhead and even at tightest hangar zoom, I was unable to link up a wing.

I absolutely love this addon!

The only features I hope will be added (unless I\'ve missed something) are to be able to choose a start and end position and make everything toggleable (for example the rotatrons).

I\'ve run into a problem with the rotatron system. I designed a buggy with an aimable claw turret system, landed it on the moon, and was driving around and grabbing stuff no problem. Then I went to the space center, controlled another craft for a while, and came back to the buggy. One of the claw rotatrons had completely inverted it\'s position, shown here: http://i.imgur.com/M9DbA.jpg

Since both rotatrons were bound to the same group, I wasnt able to get them back together again, meaning the whole assembly was now useless.

I don\'t know if this is something you\'re able to fix, or a more fundamental problem with the engine. Either way, in future, i\'ll be sure to bind the rotatrons to seperate groups.

I\'m having an odd problem - I\'m using .16 of both ksp and DR, but whenever I make something with multiple groups. at launch all of the groups are consolidated into one. What\'s up?

After reloading some or all of the rotation/translation limits are reversed and/or offset.

Ie the cylinder becomes shorter instead of longer, claw can not close.

Reloading again sometimes fixes it until the next reload.

Also the connection with trusses is very elastic so that a gap appears between it and the part it is connected to, even with a small part mass.

Same issue as rkman, but I\'ve also got another: the hinges twitch. Once I extend the hinges past their center point in either direction, they start to bounce back and forth. This bouncing becomes more and more violent the more the hinges are bent, and imparts a force on the craft that bounces the g-meter up to around 3 g\'s.. a fix or workaround would be wonderful, as I can\'t use these amazing parts until this stops happening!

Same issue as rkman, but I\'ve also got another: the hinges twitch. Once I extend the hinges past their center point in either direction, they start to bounce back and forth. This bouncing becomes more and more violent the more the hinges are bent, and imparts a force on the craft that bounces the g-meter up to around 3 g\'s.. a fix or workaround would be wonderful, as I can\'t use these amazing parts until this stops happening!

Might be you\'re just putting too much weight on them.

Hey I love this mod and it opens up new doors and many impressive creations :D. One of my ideas was to make a folding compact Jet that i can board onto a cargo plane and drop it from the sky :). One problem I\'m having is when i pull up or down all the parts that are connected to a door-hinge or anything like that it wobbles like no mans business. If you are still planning to add new parts can i suggest either Adjustable Struts or another set of parts that holds the parts better so the wobble goes away? Thanks and Happy Flying! 8)

I experienced a similar problem using the large hinges. I had a series of hinges set up so that i could extend arms made of DR struts with ISA MapSat dishes hanging off them. All went fine until I extended the arms in zero g and it started violently flapping back and forth.

I experienced a similar problem using the large hinges. I had a series of hinges set up sohat i could extend arms made of DR struts with ISA MapSat dishes hanging off them. All went fine until I extended the arms in zero g and it started violently flapping back and forth.

This is exactly the same issue I have... were you able to find a workaround?