[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

Dunno whether it was reported, but here\'s the bug:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10662.0;attach=21562;image

Should I say I left both ramps at the same angle before switching crafts?

It seems that Rotatrons (they\'re driving the ramps) just don\'t care about bilateral symmetry when storing their angles in the flight state :(

UPD. Same for hinges:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10662.0;attach=21604;image

UPD2. Editing persistent.sfs and setting Rotatron\'s rot parameters to 0 helps to reset them to initial state. So if someone has screwed his contraption up -- there\'s a way to restore it back to normal.

Updated to 1.2.

Added another hinge type.

Tosh: Bilateral symmetry is currently doing all kinds of weird stuff with the robotics pack, r4m0n is looking into it.

So, is it possible to alter the start angle of hinges? possibly through another gui button?

I believe you can set the start angle of the joints in the cfg, or if you just want the robojoint rotated, can use the <> buttons in VAB.

I believe you can set the start angle of the joints in the cfg, or if you just want the robojoint rotated, can use the <> buttons in VAB.

I know you can change the extent of teh motion in the cfgs, i didn\'t think you could set the start angle though.. perhaps I have to look closer.

@zombiphylax: I\'m not sure if it counts as a trick but assuming that they don\'t work with symmetry and manually moving the servos on one side to another servogroup with inverted controls usually works.

@SasquatchM: Currently the only way to alter the starting point is to edit the mesh file, but r4m0n might be able to add something like that as a gui function.

And place a link to your spacecraft exchange thread next time you post a video of new funky plane here, would get rid of some of the unnecessary confusion, keep up the madness.

Could I request a few (i.e. a lot) more attachment nodes on the trusses? I\'d like to be able to attach them together at right angles, and a diagonal truss sized for the 1m and 2m pieces (maybe a centre node on the 2m piece to allow the 1m diagonal too) would also be most welcome. Then we could build more elaborate structural supports.

The new version of MuMechLib introduced with FixedCamera has made a bug with the servo setup UI. If you create or load a ship with servo groups, they stick in the setup window when you make a new ship or load a different one. It doesn\'t clear until you fully restart ksp.

If you load the second ship (already set up), it doesn\'t affect the control screen when you launch. So as long as you only want to design one mecha ship per time you launch the game, it\'s cosmetic...

@ThjeMattyPrince: Like previously stated the size of the current parts is dictated by unity physics limitations and can\'t be made much smaller.

0.16 Will however upscale everything 2.5 times to get around this, so this means that I\'ll be able to make a new set of much smaller parts with as complicated colliders without issues.

@klyith: I\'ll take a look at that and poke r4m0n.

@colmo: Shouldn\'t the new attachment logic allow you to attach truss bits to the sides of other truss bits?