[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

Since .16 removed part to part collisions there is nothing but the wobbly joints keeping things attached together, this is what\'s most likely causing the robotics parts to perform worse than expected.

I\'ll see if I can crank up the connection strength somehow.

can someone help me please i have v0.16 and only the 1 & 2meter strut show up can someone tell me how to fix this please?!

More info needed. Have you placed all the parts and plugins in their respective folders?

I think it should be a little brighter grey, to match the rest of the ship parts. But that texture is great :)

And i must request a duplicate set of parts that are 50% or even 35% of the original size..

These parts are amazing for what they do, but they are way way too big for some of my plans!

I tried changing Scale in the .cfg file, too bad that has no effect yet.

Is there anyway you could add smaller versions of each part? Same functionality, just visibly smaller (and lower mass ofc)?

Even if just in an optional 'Extras' package, it would be so much appreciated.

God i wish this game was like Spore in that respect, allowing you to scale parts with your mouse wheel.

this is whats showing up the trusses i can use but everything else says its not in this version of ksp ive tried everything and they still wont work.

More info needed. Have you placed all the parts and plugins in their respective folders?

this is whats showing up the trusses i can use but everything else says its not in this version of ksp ive tried everything and they still wont work.

TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE WITH ANY MUMECH-POWERED PART:

There are two separate fixes, which probably should be posted in the OP of all mumech.dll-powered part threads.

[list type=decimal]

[li]Always run KSP.exe as administrator[/li]

[li]Move the KSP game folder out of any directory monitored by Windows User Account Control (i.e. Program Files) and into a directory that a 'non-sudo' user has write privileges in (i.e. My Documents)[/li]

Hope this helps, it sure helped me!

And if you run a mac :) You have no problems at all :)

I think making the parts smaller will make them behave strangely : remember what Harv said about his attempts for 0.4 meters kerbals : they behave like insects...

Also, why were part to part collision removed ? Looks like the railgun is inoperant now.

…Also, why were part to part collision removed ? …

I think in some cases small errors in the collision model were causing some newly built ships to explode. I hope this will be restored sometime in the future, but I guess some bugs have to be worked out and this change made most rockets playable.

am I the only one who\'s getting DR parts \'de-railed\' when I go to tracking center and back???

non of the DR parts are \'saving\' their state after vessel switching...

great mod, but this needs some fixin\'...

here\'s picture of some vessels of Mun arch expedition got their legs \'levitated\'...

wYzEk.jpg

am I the only one who\'s getting DR parts \'de-railed\' when I go to tracking center and back???

here\'s picture of some vessels of Mun arch expedition got their legs \'levitated\'...

wYzEk.jpg

You\'re not the only one. That bug has been reported several times in the past week.

Also, why were part to part collision removed ? Looks like the railgun is inoperant now.

Collisions are only disabled between parts on the same vessel. You can still collkide with other ships.

Collisions are only disabled between parts on the same vessel. You can still collkide with other ships.

However, railgun bullets pass trough other parts, i tested it...

Has anyone reported the issue of DR parts not being persistent in position? I can\'t get hinges to stay in position when I switch to another craft then back.

wYzEk.jpg

I had my first 100% vanilla orbiter EXPLODE after going back to it from the tracking center, and i found one of the ladders hovering 3 meters in mid-space beside the craft, still being \'attached\'.

So yeah, probably part of a 0.16 vanilla bug.

• thank youuu soooo frekin much!!!!!!!!!! :D

TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE WITH ANY MUMECH-POWERED PART:
There are two separate fixes, which probably should be posted in the OP of all mumech.dll-powered part threads.
[list type=decimal]
[li]Always run KSP.exe as administrator[/li]
[li]Move the KSP game folder out of any directory monitored by Windows User Account Control (i.e. Program Files) and into a directory that a 'non-sudo' user has write privileges in (i.e. My Documents)[/li]

Hope this helps, it sure helped me!

Just move it to the side of the screen.

There\'s things I need to interact with on each side. :P

I\'m very particular about the level of zoom I work at in certain points of the ship, it\'d purely be a convenience feature to be able to close or minimize it. Even resizing. It\'s just so huge.

Although I suppose it could sit at the very tip of the edge as long as I don\'t move it too far and lose it. Still though. Would be a nice option.

You can probably make them quite a lot smaller now, since there are no part to part collisions anyway.

Decided to start up blender this evening.

Very sloppy rigging, just a first go at making a hand.

Looks amazing mate. I can\'t wait for KSP to more delicately handle craft on craft collisions.

Or do you think it will be possible to use such hands to \'grab\' long trusses of other craft already? Are the KSP physics stable enough for that?

Yeah, I have to report the same 'not saving state' error that other have been having. In this case, the claw pieces don\'t work. In fact, what happens is that the claws actually seem to switch directions so that you can no longer close the claw at all. Slightly annoying, you might imagine. :)

DYJ, is there a fix in the works perchance? :)