[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

It was in [E31: "Duna Network Arrival" / Project Odyssey / KSP 0.25]

Oh, that one, no, that was one of the coolest launch vehicles I've ever seen, but what I'm looking for is quite different. Hopefully this picture will help explain: http://imgur.com/tx5pBf7

Basically, I want a stack separator that is very long, so that I can connect two things in the stack, but have long things surface attached beneath the separator. Unfortunately, that surface attached piece clips into the separator the instant it is decoupled.

Okay, I need help. I'm trying make my own version of a Mobile Launcher Platform, but I want to weld the frame together (at 184 pieces it will kill my laptop). The problem is when it try to weld it, it turns pink, flips vertical and then nothing happens. No welding dialogue box comes up. I've included screenshots off the MLP, my GameData folder and uploaded the ksp log. I have advanced debug on the welding mod, but i don't think it's saving one when I try to weld the part (unless I'm doing something wrong). All of the parts I'm using on the MLP are stock (albeit with Ven's Stock Revamp).

Screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/aWKis7V.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HVRIfej.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qASPMO1.png

KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeg6rteq34p996o/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance for any help.

That looks like a problem in the ModulePaintable, again a float that is empty, guess will have to dive into it and make that safer.

So it is having problems with Kerbalpaint, is that even actual?:confused:

And thanks for posting all the information directly.

Oh, that one, no, that was one of the coolest launch vehicles I've ever seen, but what I'm looking for is quite different. Hopefully this picture will help explain: http://imgur.com/tx5pBf7

Basically, I want a stack separator that is very long, so that I can connect two things in the stack, but have long things surface attached beneath the separator. Unfortunately, that surface attached piece clips into the separator the instant it is decoupled.

Well that helps to understand the problem, but welding will not help there, as what you are looking for is an extended separator or decoupler, so a new part with changed measurements. A decoupler that is hollow. hmm you could try to use an interstage of KW and add the decoupler module to it. or you can edit the topnode of the 2m stack decoupler to be higher but that will look quite strange.

Edited by Alewx

Well that helps to understand the problem, but welding will not help there, as what you are looking for is an extended separator or decoupler, so a new part with changed measurements. A decoupler that is hollow. hmm you could try to use an interstage of KW and add the decoupler module to it. or you can edit the topnode of the 2m stack decoupler to be higher but that will look quite strange.

Ultimately, the problem is this:

I'm not sure there's any way around it. I don't think this is a universal rule (I assume docking bays for example have navigable interiors) but I'm not sure how to get around it.

Okay, I need help. I'm trying make my own version of a Mobile Launcher Platform, but I want to weld the frame together (at 184 pieces it will kill my laptop). The problem is when it try to weld it, it turns pink, flips vertical and then nothing happens. No welding dialogue box comes up. I've included screenshots off the MLP, my GameData folder and uploaded the ksp log. I have advanced debug on the welding mod, but i don't think it's saving one when I try to weld the part (unless I'm doing something wrong). All of the parts I'm using on the MLP are stock (albeit with Ven's Stock Revamp).

Screenshots:

I have noticed the same part contortion when a part is being welded, my workaround has been to ensure that the root node of the craft selected or the individual part that is control clicked to select as the part branch is in its original VAB placed orientation, this results in the proper orientation of the welded part when placed as a part as well as the thumbnail in the VAB part selection menu.

Good luck and I hope these issues are resolvable.

Screenshots:

Well I built this mobile launch platform using your design, and it welds just fine. I had no issues. I would recommend removing all unwanted nodes as it tends to drop the frames when clicking and grabbing it. Other than that it is one single welded part. My conclusion is that you are not welding it correctly, which in turn just flips the piece on its side and makes it purple.

As you can see in the mechjeb window, it shows as 2 parts (computer core included).

As a side note, I just realized how ugly this thing looks with the stock textures :P I need to install Ven's revamp textures again

5YyNMCY.png

Edited by liquidhype

Ultimately, the problem is this:
I'm not sure there's any way around it. I don't think this is a universal rule (I assume docking bays for example have navigable interiors) but I'm not sure how to get around it.

Uh, there it is the best to ask the KW guys, they made interstages, that worked around this problem.

It is just that the part has a cylinder as a collider and that is massive.

I was sure I had replied regarding this already, but I can't find it now... The KW interstage decoupler is exactly what I needed, I just had to replace the "explosiveNodeID = top" with "isOmniDecoupler = true " Thanks a bunch!

I was sure I had replied regarding this already, but I can't find it now... The KW interstage decoupler is exactly what I needed, I just had to replace the "explosiveNodeID = top" with "isOmniDecoupler = true " Thanks a bunch!

Glad that I could help.

Okay. I've been reading through every page but I can't find the 1.0.2 release that you all have been talked about. Is it this one?

If not could some one please shoot me a quick link? Alewx is this the release you are talking about or is this an older one? XD

EDIT: It appears as though this is the current release. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Okay. I've been reading through every page but I can't find the 1.0.2 release that you all have been talked about. Is it this one?

If not could some one please shoot me a quick link? Alewx is this the release you are talking about or is this an older one? XD

EDIT: It appears as though this is the current release. :)

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, yes that the current one.

I think I might deploy an development version of 2.2.0 in the next time. Was tracking an major bug down all night long.

UPDATEGive me a few more days now as 1.0.3 is released I need to compile against it an check some stuff.

Edited by Alewx

Hi everyone

sorry if the questions i will ask was asked before but i was not in the mood to read every 38 pages to see if i would find the answers or not, so please bear with me and if possible would appreciate to get answers.

1- how many docking ports a welded part can have? (on different places on it's body)

2- if i add antenas and dishes to the welded part, will they be accessible from right click later (specially with remote tech), also what will happen if those dishes have animations? I don't mind if every one of them play at once, but one playing and others stuck is not acceptable.

3- can weld the probe core to the buddy or do i need to keep it separate?

4- when i welded the first time, the lights were on, ok, that worked but few of lights lost the colors i gave them and now those who i changed colors (each had different color), now work with each other and i have one color setting in the right click menu that changes all of those lights with each other. any way to solve this?

thanks for possibly repeating the answers that was deep in forum for my lazy attitude again.

Edited by Jiraiyah

Hi everyone

Hi everyone

sorry if the questions i will ask was asked before but i was not in the mood to read every 38 pages to see if i would find the answers or not, so please bear with me and if possible would appreciate to get answers.

1- how many docking ports a welded part can have? (on different places on it's body)

2- if i add antenas and dishes to the welded part, will they be accessible from right click later (specially with remote tech), also what will happen if those dishes have animations? I don't mind if every one of them play at once, but one playing and others stuck is not acceptable.

3- can weld the probe core to the buddy or do i need to keep it separate?

4- when i welded the first time, the lights were on, ok, that worked but few of lights lost the colors i gave them and now those who i changed colors (each had different color), now work with each other and i have one color setting in the right click menu that changes all of those lights with each other. any way to solve this?

thanks for possibly repeating the answers that was deep in forum for my lazy attitude again.

Hi

1: Depends on the size of your screen, the action menu increases with each docking port until you can't use it anymore. but no technical limitation.

2: Same parts with animation will not work only last in the list will be animated. With the current configuration will the welder combine every antenna and dish to work like a single one.

3: I always weld probecores, so should work flawless.

4: Same rules as for animations, lights will not work if welded.

1 - 1

2 - just 1

3 - you can weld the core to the body

4 - no there isn't

so if i weld more than one docking port they won't function or is that it won't go for welding it at all? but at least, now i can weld the core, cool :D but shame, if it was possible to weld docking ports, the part count would be reduced from 28 to 1 lmao, damn space station core rings are hard :D

so if i weld more than one docking port they won't function or is that it won't go for welding it at all? but at least, now i can weld the core, cool :D but shame, if it was possible to weld docking ports, the part count would be reduced from 28 to 1 lmao, damn space station core rings are hard :D

They will be welded but their function will be broken or removed.

I made once a part with 14 docking ports and the part action menu was unusable. so I never managed to dock something to it. but in theory they should work, because they get the node assigned. I can take a look at it, but not as a priority.

I would appreciate it, i had seen bob complaining about not being able to weld docking ports to his stations in his video series, never knew why he was not happy, well, now i know, they simply rise the part count very easily

I would appreciate it, i had seen bob complaining about not being able to weld docking ports to his stations in his video series, never knew why he was not happy, well, now i know, they simply rise the part count very easily

Ok I see now that the welding of docking ports is slighly broken, I will see what I can do.

But in the end it might be possible that it will not work due to game limitations.

I tried to weld a Docking Port Jr. to the end of 3 cubic struts. The resulting part is invisible in the VAB. Am I doing something wrong?

I thought maybe it was because I had some of the parts rotated. But no. I tried again and it made another invisible part. I'm still on 1.02.

I thought maybe it was because I had some of the parts rotated. But no. I tried again and it made another invisible part. I'm still on 1.02.

Hey, sorry for missing your post, No it is nothing wrong, it is just that the truss parts do get a NAN for the position in the part and that makes the part invisible as it has no position, sorry.

About docking ports and welding in general, it is a game limitation to have only one docking port per part. More and only the last one in the file is beeing used.

It's too bad there isn't a way for multiple lights to be included in a welded part. Even if all the lights had to be the same color and/or turn on/off at the same time. The biggest part addition to some of my larger constructions is from all the lights I put on so I can actually see what I've built.

It's too bad there isn't a way for multiple lights to be included in a welded part. Even if all the lights had to be the same color and/or turn on/off at the same time. The biggest part addition to some of my larger constructions is from all the lights I put on so I can actually see what I've built.

That is due to the way animations are located and assigned in the game code, I explained it one or two pages back.