KSP ModPack v1.0.0

Positr0n

KSP ModPack v1.0.0

Brief Overview

After a few years of KSP, and quite a bit of my own grievances (and a lot of enjoyment), I decided to release the modpack I personally designed to venture through career mode. Consequently, I haven't had much time to actually relax and enjoy the game, so I've only tested the parts up to a Tier 2 R&D Department as of KSP 0.90. Anyway, without further ado, here is the mod list I have working together at the moment and, of course, there are a few added config files to make everything a bit more seamless. Enjoy!

Mod List

• Advanced Animator 1.1.1
  • Aviation Lights 3.7
  • B9 Aerospace 5.2.8
  • Better Buoyancy 1.0
  • Chatterer 0.8.1
  • Caelum Ire Technologies (CIT) Util 1.2.1
  • Community Tech Tree 1.1
  • Costly Science 0.4
  • Cross Feed Enabler 3.2
  • DarkMultiPlayer Plugin 0.2.0.2
  • Deadly Reentry 6.4.0
  • DMagic Orbital Science 0.9.1
  • Ferram Aerospace Research (FAR) 0.14.6
  • Final Frontier 0.6.5
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.2.2.0
  • Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.10
  • Kerbal Engineer 1.0.14.1
  • Kerbal EVA Resource (KERT) Transfer
  • Kerbal GPS 1.0.23.5.01
  • KerbQuake1.21
  • Kronal Vessel Viewer (KVV) 0.0.4
  • kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System 0.15.5
  • KSP Add-on Version Checker 1.1.5
  • Infernal Robotics 0.19.3
  • Lack Luster Labs 13.1
  • Modular Rocket Systems 1.4.4
  • Module Manager 2.5.8
  • Near Future Construction 0.4.0
  • Near Future Propulsion 0.4.0
  • Near Future Solar 0.4.0
  • ProceduralParts 1.0.0
  • ProcFairings 3.11
  • Raster Prop Monitor
  • RealChute Parachute Systems 1.2.6.3
  • RemoteTech 1.6.0
  • RLA Stockalike 12.1
  • Romfarer
    • Lazor Guided Weapons 35
    • Lazor System 35

[*]SCANsat 9 RC 4.1

[*]Science Alert 1.8.4

[*]Sensible Pumps 1.1

[*]SmokeScreen 2.5.3.0

[*]SpaceY Heavy Lifters Parts Pack 0.7

[*]Station Science 1.4

[*]Surface Lights

[*]Thunder Aerospace Corporation

• Life Support (TAC-LS) 0.10.1.1320
    • Self Destruct 1.4.0.1002

[*]Toolbar 1.7.8

[*]Transfer Window Planner 1.2.3.0

[*]TweakScale 1.50

[*]Umbra Space Industries

• Advanced Mining Technologies 0.1.1
    • Alcubierre Warp Drive 0.1.1
    • Asteroid Recycling Technologies 0.6.4
    • Community Resource Pack 0.3.2
    • Exploration Pack 0.3.1
    • Freight Transport Technologies 0.3.1
    • Karbonite 0.5.1
    • Karbonite Plus 0.3.0
    • Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) 0.22.3
    • Regolith 0.1.2
    • Sounding Rockets 0.1.1
    • Survivability Pack 0.2.1
    • Toolkit 0.3.1

[*]Universal Storage 1.0.0

• KAS Pack 1.0.0
    • TAC-LS Pack 1.0.0

Projected Goals

• Continue to increase the challenge and overall realism of KSP without changing the artistic style.
  • Improve upon this pack through community suggestion
  • Think of a memorable title for this pack
  • Change this post to something more than a long list of bullet points

Downloads

• Links will be added when permission of redistribution of every mod is explicitly stated after speaking with each mod author individually.

License

Considering I did not create these mods, I cannot speak for every mod author license-wise, but I am liable for everything found in the project under the terms of the open source MIT License.

Disclaimer

I did not create any of these mods. Each one has their own individual license that should be in their respective folder. All credit should go to each respective mod author for their hard work, and to lessen the impact of this modpack, if you find any bugs please submit a report on the GitHub listed above and I'll fix them ASAP.

Edited by Positr0n

Did you ask all those modders if they are ok with you bundling and distributing their work? At least I didn't receive a request.

My license allows it in general so I can't legally complain not being asked, but mod packs have been a red towel in the past.

EDIT: and just to be clear, I do not like to see my work in mod packs for various reasons discussed over and over again already in the threads of the other shot-down mod packs.

Edited by marce

I'm with marce on this one. The arguments against mod packs have been rehashed again and again, but at least most of those people had the decency to, ya know, ask about it first. Courtesy does make a big difference in reception.

Also, I've noticed that you're unwilling to take all bug reports. Nope, sorry; you redistribute, you support. I have no idea what changes you've made to any of my mods that are being redistributed (and I can't even tell, given that there's no link to the source for any of them), and so I will not support any users that got them from you. You are doing a disservice to any users you might have by redistributing mods that you cannot support, and all you will do is make the workload heavier for modders. Absolutely no one wins from this, besides you, I guess, because you get the glory of being the great creator of the modpack.

Well, I don't mind supporting an onslaught of bug fixes, so I will definitely remove my claim to not do so. I actually was releasing this in hopes that people wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of updating, deconflicting, testing, and configuring each individual mod as I did to enhance my KSP experience. What sense is there any creating anything digitally if you don't at least give people the opportunity to either use or build upon what has already been created, which I'm sure is the same reason you have released your mods to begin with.

Furthermore, I sincerely apologize for not being more cognizant and explicitly speaking with each modder on an individual basis prior to this forum post. As you have stated, these modpacks can be a large strain on the individual modders. If that weren't the case, I probably wouldn't have gotten such negative feedback so quickly.

You are also violating several licenses by calling this MIT. Case in point, all of my stuff is CC 4.0 SA-BY-NC. MIT allows commercial use. These licenses are incompatible.

A mod list is one thing... 'here is a list of stuff I know works, and links to the different mods'. Redistribution is an entirely different kettle of fish.

To be perfectly honest, this post has no place in addon releases because it violates several rules.

I don't know what kind of testing you ran but just looking at the mods you listed, I see 2 mods that will not play nice together and spam null error in a stock ksp on my pc and one more mod that will just crash ksp all by it self.

I've played the game for quite a few of my own hours, but if you know some mods that will cause issues, please feel free to let me know so I can fix the error.

- - - Updated - - -

You are also violating several licenses by calling this MIT. Case in point, all of my stuff is CC 4.0 SA-BY-NC. MIT allows commercial use. These licenses are incompatible.

A mod list is one thing... 'here is a list of stuff I know works, and links to the different mods'. Redistribution is an entirely different kettle of fish.

To be perfectly honest, this post has no place in addon releases because it violates several rules.

You're absolutely correct. I figured giving people something I've compiled from the community's mods over the last few months would make the player's life a bit easier, but I realize the amount of issues for modders I created by just attempting to post the pack. I apologize for the damage I have caused to the modders that make this community what it is. The links have been removed and the project will also be removed from the public github and moved to a private git server for my personal use, to avoid further license violations. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't, at the very least, a personal learning experience.

A counter suggestion. If the intent is to help people avoid the pitfalls, etc. that you have gone through, a good step would be to lend a hand in the various mod threads and help assist people with install issues, etc. - many users already do this, and it makes our job a LOT easier. Helping out there would have a much larger net benefit than a modpack.

KerbQuake1.21 , RealChute Parachute Systems 1.2.6.3 don't play nice and will spam the logs , Kerbal EVA Resource (KERT) Transfer will just crash ksp on my Linux Pc and looks like he made some nice mods but havent found one of his mod that will work on my Linux.

KerbQuake1.21 , RealChute Parachute Systems 1.2.6.3 don't play nice and will spam the logs , Kerbal EVA Resource (KERT) Transfer will just crash ksp on my Linux Pc and looks like he made some nice mods but havent found one of his mod that will work on my Linux.

I'll have to install a linux distro and check that out. Much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

A counter suggestion. If the intent is to help people avoid the pitfalls, etc. that you have gone through, a good step would be to lend a hand in the various mod threads and help assist people with install issues, etc. - many users already do this, and it makes our job a LOT easier. Helping out there would have a much larger net benefit than a modpack.

All right, will do.

As an alternative to redistributing other people's work, you can create mod packs on KerbalStuff.

Then you're not redistributing anything; you're just saying "download x,y,z" and there's a convenient button to do exactly that.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

I think this is awesome, and everyone is being a .... about it, thanks for the awesome mod pack dude!

It's not about being a "...", but about the difficulty to maintain modpacks, especially large ones...

Besides the already mentioned license issues, modpacks tend to make users confused... "where should I seek support?".. even if both the modpack 'author' and the original mod authors are willing to help, this splits the 'knowledge base'...

Another issue is that several mods are updated constantly, especially right after a new KSP release... Having to update and re-download a large modpack daily, or even several times a day, can be more unnerving than installing every mod individually..

Also, with several mods filling similar roles (for instance, Majir's Kethane and RoverDude's Karbonite), I've yet to see two players using the exact same mods.

I understand -- and commend -- the OP good intentions, but modpacks often create more problems than solve :(

I think this is awesome, and everyone is being a .... about it, thanks for the awesome mod pack dude!

Yes, clearly ! You modders ruins everything by using your free time to build thing for others and not even ask money. How can you dare asking anyone to respect your work !?

Truly Shameful, where is the world going ?

As an alternative to redistributing other people's work, you can create mod packs on KerbalStuff: https://kerbalstuff.com/create/pack

Then you're not redistributing anything; you're just saying "download x,y,z" and there's a convenient button to do exactly that.

That is cool! Will check it out.

If it works as well as advertised, it's surely a good way to create and share modpacks.

Sorry this hasn't panned quite the way intended, Positr0n, but really respect the way you've taken the criticisms/feedback. Hope we see you on the forums plenty more. There are some great things being created here, and I share your enthusiasm for what the community has added to to KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.