What is "Project V"?

Parkaboy

Vesta = Asteroid belt?

Actually this fits the "experimental" descriptor and they are fiddling with asteroids for the upcoming "deep space refueling" thing.

Though why wouldn't it be "Project A" for Asteroids or "Project B" for belt? Or even "Project C" for Ceres, the first discovered and largest asteroid?

Now I want to think up asteroid-related project names starting with all the other letters.

Yes, Vesta is more in the spirit of the "First letter from a very important name".

So it's unfortunately not a word like: victory or just a letter like in delta-v.

Despite the fact that I would like to see those things Very much :).

So, it could be Valentina being launched into space at high velocity in a delta-wing space-plane with proper v^2 lift physics from a volcano through volumetric clouds and into space, off to Vesta and thence to the outer reaches of an expanded solar system like Voyager - with a special new vehicle aboard to explore whatever she finds when she gets there?

Fab!

:-}

Don't you love how the devs complain about speculation, then intentionally do things to create it...

When do they complain about speculation?

I've seen some people complain about demanding/wanting things which squad has more or less already said they won't do. but just generally speculation? I typically don't see complaints about that.

I mean something like a Minecraft "end" you know? Like, reaching some point where you finally piece together some kind of narrative that you discover along the way of your exploration, do something epic, gets a credit screen, then off you go to discover more things. It is just like a pat in the back from the developers saying you did well and deserve recognition of sort.

Yeah, I've never really liked those. Haven't playe minecraft, so don't really know that one's end, but other games with free play after story, like zelda, leave you with a bit of a "know what" feeling. I think there can be more value for money in open ended games, where you can always come back.

Something to mark the end of the 'unlocking stuff' part of career could be cool, as long as there's enough continuous gameplay stuff that it doesn't really feel like the end.

Like how mariokart gives you credits and a song after you've played through everything.

So current list of possibilities that are names (important ones) and not roman numerals are

Valentia ("girbals"..)

Velociraptors (famous-ish dinos that Kerbals could ride, or infact it could be the "Veloci", as in Velocity)

Voyager, (you know, outer planets and such)

Vesta (asteroid belt, in preparation for deep space refueling in later updates)

Von Braun (bigger rockets)

V.. something, russian cosmonaut who died on re-entry(re-entry heat)

_V_,( turns out Kerbals are actually world domination aspiring lizards)

edit: Vogon, (blow up planets for interstellar highways)

Van Oort, (my personal guess, not mentioned yet, would mean *K*uiper belt/oort cloud stuff, including COMETS FOR ROSETTA !!!)