[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Oh.. Hm lol

Anyways, uploading 0.15 of the Porp system right now. New planet and fixes. Biomes are next.

Sorry, couldn't resist a math joke.

On another note, is it possible to add atmospheres to exiting airless bodies at the present?

On another note, is it possible to add atmospheres to exiting airless bodies at the present?

Lol it's alright

I haven't tried but I'd guess no, but I might be wrong. My reason being that, AFAIK, if a new planet has an atmosphere, it's template has to too. So I'd guess you can't add one to an existing one without one.

Lol it's alright

I haven't tried but I'd guess no, but I might be wrong. My reason being that, AFAIK, if a new planet has an atmosphere, it's template has to too. So I'd guess you can't add one to an existing one without one.

mmm - you know what would be really cool? use one of the multi-player mods, and maybe some custom set of parts and stuff from various mods (in particular the repulsor-levitator things from Kerbal Foundries) - and turn Kerbin into Tatooine! Pod-racing for everyone.

maybe play with gravity and atmosphere to get awesome hangtime and stuff.

mmm - you know what would be really cool? use one of the multi-player mods, and maybe some custom set of parts and stuff from various mods (in particular the repulsor-levitator things from Kerbal Foundries) - and turn Kerbin into Tatooine! Pod-racing for everyone.

maybe play with gravity and atmosphere to get awesome hangtime and stuff.

That would be cool.

My biggest wish, though Squad has always said it won't happen, is literally space engine in KSP. Start a game with either stock system or random, and you could enter a seed and it'd produce a nice random system. Maybe you could find Tatooine by chance then :P

Do these actually produce light? How far exactly from Kerbol? Looks spiffy

Also Porp System 0.15 is up!

Nope, they don't produce light :/ (at least not yet)

About 4000 gigameters from Kerbol, so its quite a distance.

Quick Question for anyone who can help! (I think _Augustus could help to, dispite no coding skills, he's pretty damn good with configs!) I would love to have KSPI Resources at the planets added into the game with Kopernicus Tech. One of the main things to worry about have to think about would be radiation from the gas giants, adding a bit more difficulty to the game as just throwing a probe into the gas giant expertly piloting a remote probe thru the thick atmospheres of the gas giants could result in malfunctions from the radiation (or from another mod that I found, Kerbal Mechanics!) that is near them!

Quick Question for anyone who can help! (I think _Augustus could help to, dispite no coding skills, he's pretty damn good with configs!) I would love to have KSPI Resources at the planets added into the game with Kopernicus Tech. One of the main things to worry about have to think about would be radiation from the gas giants, adding a bit more difficulty to the game as just throwing a probe into the gas giant expertly piloting a remote probe thru the thick atmospheres of the gas giants could result in malfunctions from the radiation (or from another mod that I found, Kerbal Mechanics!) that is near them!

Does KSPI even model radiation like that?

- - - Updated - - -

It should be possible to add atmosphere to anybody with kittopia, although I have not personally tried it to see the results. The buttons are there though.

On another note, as anyone played around with map decals yet? They seem easy to add features that "go up" but I'm struggling trying to use them for things that go down, such as craters. I always end up with a border around the edge making it look ugly and unnatural.

Nope, they don't produce light :/ (at least not yet)

About 4000 gigameters from Kerbol, so its quite a distance.

You know, you guys could probably still use starfix on them even though they don't use Kerbol as a template.

KSPI is really not a mod that I like, and the official version doesn't even work with 0.90. I'd rather there be Regolith resources and radiation for that mod that Tajamsoft is working on.

What are map decals? I've heard a lot of people talk about them but I have no clue just what it is. :P

They are small pieces of terrain inserted onto planets that have higher detail.

I made one on Skelton, but it caused Duna to have it in scaledspace until the scaledspace was updated, which took forever....

Colors in Kittopia are sometimes opposite. For example if you want a blue star you make it a red star, etc.

First Kirius B glowed blue on the map, but then the glowing disappeared, and how do I make the stars be light on all sides?

EDIT: I got the light on all sides to work

Edited by SiriusB

First Kirius B glowed blue on the map, but then the glowing disappeared, and how do I make the stars be light on all sides?

Put a blue cloud layer (Texture detaileve1) using EVE that is:

R = 0

G = 0

B = 100

A = 100

How about you give me your files and I can see what I can do?

Put a blue cloud layer (Texture detaileve1) using EVE that is:

R = 0

G = 0

B = 100

A = 100

How about you give me your files and I can see what I can do?

Do you know why when I get out of Kerbin's SOI, the orbit messes up and sends me on a trip to Kerbomeda? (same happened with Kirius before I added Kerbomeda)

JZF0xWa.png

Probably too big of an SOI.

Lower the gravity, perhaps?

Probably had to do with its size or gravity, its radius was 1 million km, now its 10 thousand km.

Its gravity was 1000 geeASL, now 100.

Works perfectly now.

So I tried adding biomes to my latest planet and it causes the no planet loading thing....

Anyone see a reason why? http://pastebin.com/bRQuyzWW (excuse indents, they don't copy right from notepad++)

I get no planet loading when I:

Create a star, even if it's based off Jool

Create a star

Edit flightglobals

Make a typo

DO ANYTHING WRONG

And the worst part is that Kopernicus doesn't even say why it didn't load.