[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

I started a wiki (couple days ago, but didn't had time yet) that will give information about all the planets in the Kerbol System.

By this I ask if the planet creators can add their own planets (I'll have a template for it later this day), if you don't have time, I'll add them for them.

You mean like a Kopernicus/KopernicusTech wiki? If so, i had the same idea too!

You mean like a Kopernicus/KopernicusTech wiki? If so, i had the same idea too!

I primarily created it for having all the planet information on one location, but I also planned to have tutorials on the wiki for making planets with KT. It's also easy to contribute, you don't need an account to make/edit a page.

I primarily created it for having all the planet information on one location, but I also planned to have tutorials on the wiki for making planets with KT. It's also easy to contribute, you don't need an account to make/edit a page.

Can I have a link?

I started a wiki (couple days ago, but didn't had time yet) that will give information about all the planets in the Kerbol System.

By this I ask if the planet creators can add their own planets (I'll have a template for it later this day), if you don't have time, I'll add them for them.

Very cool.

Sorry to criticize, but actually there's 8. You're forgetting Trans-Keptunian, Porp Gas Giant System, Terrestrial Planets and Minor Bodies. (And 7 if you don't include OPM)

By the way, I noticed that in your Google Docs mod page you have a "Kerbol+ Planets Pack (WIP)" mod. I'm curious, is that the mod that I abandoned work on a few months ago? (With Prominatus and all that?)

EDIT: I added a list of Planet Packs to the KopernicusTech wiki. Here: http://outer-planets.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_Packs

Edited by Nicholander

Gravitasi, might I suggest you include a GameData folder above the Kopernicus/KittopiaSpace folders in the next update? It makes installation using generic mod managers easier, as then one doesn't have to manually add a GameData folder.

Just a quick request for the thread: could someone post a template for the Kopernicus and Kittopia config?

I've been having to take other planet packs and modifying them, but sometimes this can cause problems. I really want to make a planet from pure scratch.

There is an "official" one, that is Gravitasi's planet pack. Should be an excellent template to learn from. Also, back in the days, KCreator made some example configs demonstrating the stuff one could do with Kittopia - you will have to look for that in the respective thread.

There is an "official" one, that is Gravitasi's planet pack. Should be an excellent template to learn from. Also, back in the days, KCreator made some example configs demonstrating the stuff one could do with Kittopia - you will have to look for that in the respective thread.

I see. Thanks! :)

Olympic1, could you change the wiki's front page (On the Recent Events section) to mention OPM's 1.5.5 update? (I can't edit the front page) And maybe perhaps Plock Plus' 1.0.2 update too?

Done. Also planet pages are delayed because something is wrong with my templates and I'm sick :(.

I've been slowly adding objects to my RSS folder, and I've hit a roadblock. On smaller, non-spherical objects like Styx moon of Pluto I can use a Gilly template to add in the necessary non-spherical features.

However, I need to create a large, ellipsoid object. Namely, Haumea. Using a Gilly template isn't working.

Does anyone have experience with making Ellipsoid entities? Thanks!

I've been slowly adding objects to my RSS folder, and I've hit a roadblock. On smaller, non-spherical objects like Styx moon of Pluto I can use a Gilly template to add in the necessary non-spherical features.

However, I need to create a large, ellipsoid object. Namely, Haumea. Using a Gilly template isn't working.

Does anyone have experience with making Ellipsoid entities? Thanks!

Well, you can use PQS oblate or however it's called.