[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Ok so I have a problem, when I export scaledspace for my terrestrial planet using a laythe template, it applies the heightmap from this planet to all vanilla worlds including jool, anyone else had a problem like this? Removing the bin file removes the changes, but that's the only thing I found that works

Gosh... This bug again...:( Could you (or anyone with the same problem) post some screenshots that show it? Just to avoid some possible misunderstanding, since I haven't experienced/seen it before.

I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out a way to get oceans to work properly but so far have come up short. By "properly" I mean being able to add an ocean to a body that doesn't normally have one and being able to change the color and have it show up in scaledspace. So far I'v come up empty handed on both accounts. I can't find where in the pqs.surfacematerial it's stored, but I'm pretty confident it is indeed the place to look as I put eve's surfacematerial on laythe and you suddenly get purple water. I can change the ocean texture so it shows up close. I can change the "_colorFromSpace" so that it shows up while zoomed out a good distance but still not in map view. But I can't change the color inbetween.

Not sure how much knowledge you have on the subject, just figured I'd tell you what I have been trying to do as I don't think there is anyone else working on this type of thing. Teknoman117 seems to have disappeared.

Sorry, I honestly have no idea about it... By the way, I've merged your pull request and post a question on the thread. Also, I recently added support for multiple PQS mods. Feel free to test it if you are interested.

Here's an interesting Linux related bug:

Thanks for the report. I'll keep it on my possible-bugs-to-squash list.

Okay, I'm back!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 my most recent log

http://imgur.com/a/gj41U

Photographic evidence. Can someone help us? It seems to be only happening with OPM installed, if I remove it, all fine, put it in with KT or another bundled .dll's, no OPM planets... it urks me... because I could actually get OPM and other planet packs to work, back in, I think it was 1.4 OPM with KT

This is what I got from the log:

[EXC 09:17:54.834] Exception: Texture "OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Ovok_normal" not found

Could you please check whether the texture file is exist? It should be in DDS format.

Repost from the Kopernicus-thread:

(I've added a switch to spawn the original "Kopernicus"-planet; for more informations see this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier?p=1764382&viewfull=1#post1764382)

Thanks, I'll check it out later.

This is what I got from the log:

[EXC 09:17:54.834] Exception: Texture "OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Ovok_normal" not found

Could you please check whether the texture file is exist? It should be in DDS format.

Le Gasp! Its not there! Could that be the reason why none (like... none) of the planets show up? if so then I'll just download the highres pack and add it myself

Yes, if one .cfg is "corrupt" at one point, Kopernicus won't load.

Btw: I'm now trying to read the StarSystems-code, and I'm surprised, that this messy amout of code "works" TM. I will try to merge some of the StarSystems-code into Kopernicus, or at least release a fix, that increases compatibillity. But for now, I'm stuck at finding the Corona-alternator and all it's refered classes. (My first hacking-result was a green Sun :D (Not made with StarSystems, but with Kopernican code))

If somebody want's to join forces etc. -> Please PM me! As a team, we can make this mod even better! :D

Best Regards!

Thomas

If I could code I would help...

Btw: I'm now trying to read the StarSystems-code, and I'm surprised, that this messy amout of code "works" TM. I will try to merge some of the StarSystems-code into Kopernicus, or at least release a fix, that increases compatibillity. But for now, I'm stuck at finding the Corona-alternator and all it's refered classes. (My first hacking-result was a green Sun :D (Not made with StarSystems, but with Kopernican code))

If somebody want's to join forces etc. -> Please PM me! As a team, we can make this mod even better! :D

Best Regards!

Thomas

That's why OvenProofMars stopped with working on it, he couldn't read his code anymore because of the mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'll look at the code, if I understand it, I want to help.

Thomas

I could kiss you man!

I went to the OPM thread, downloaded the normal version (I use lite because I have a slow connection and a crappy computer :P), took the Ovok_normal from that one, put it into the location it was missing from, and then booted it up. And now I have OPM planets!

I went over to OPM's thread and let Capt. know, and hopefully he'll fix it in the next udate or maybe he'll patch it :3 again, thank you man!

Can someon link me some kind of tutorial or discution about planet configs? Any tutorials or programs to use for textures?

Also, here's a steek peak of what I'm working on:

http://imgur.com/VxKjsU1

I created a mostly thorough tutorial yesterday, the link is in my signature.

If I could code I would help...

Sort of a defeatist attitude, I would think. If you can't code, learn! There are plenty of free websites to help you and it's one of the most useful skills to have. I know you have lots of time, based on all the time you spend here.

The only big thing to consider is, will you still be into KSP and still have time to maintain your projects in a year or two? A few years ago I made a Minecraft mod, that took about 6 months from writing the first line until I felt it was "scope-complete". Then a year of maintaining and compatibility/bugfix updates. I'm not sure I can say yes to that question, but there are times I say "I wish I could make a mod for this".

Best Regards!

Thomas

I'd caution against trying to use too much of his code. I haven't read much of it, but from what I'v read in that thread it's really a buggy and hacky way of doing things. I'd think if anything it would be best to use as a rough guide to go about implementing a system into Kopernicus.

I know there seems to be a lot of people really wanting star systems to work, but I can't help but feel there are other more important things to be done. Figuring out the ocean system would be one of them. Tekto could sure use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I honestly have no idea about it... By the way, I've merged your pull request and post a question on the thread. Also, I recently added support for multiple PQS mods. Feel free to test it if you are interested.

Oh good, I was going to see about tackling that myself so glad I didn't start on it hehe.

Edited by Borisbee

You can download the "fixed"-version from my GitHub: https://github.com/thomaskerman/kopernicus/tree/kopernicushack/pre%20alpha/prealpha3/gamedata , but it's more a cheaty workaround than an actual fix. I will try to do some investigations later.

Whenever i click the link, i get this message "404, this web page is not available" or something like that...

I get this:

x0vfb9.png

Edited by Candlelight

So, I've encountered a couple of issues in my first attempt at making a planet. Not sure if they've been covered elsewhere in the thread, but here you go (for the record, this is a planet with atmosphere):

Well, I have a planet, but it's having some teething issues (I don't think any of them are stemming from the tutorial you have here, though :))...

The immediately obvious one is that the wrong side of the planet is lit up:

http://i.imgur.com/MVKlioo.png

The one that you discover later on is even worse...

http://i.imgur.com/8susH9J.png

It had an identity crisis and reverted to Laythe, except I don't have oceans enabled on the planet, so the ship just went straight through the waterline.

Also, when using the ScaledSpace Updater (with or without the exporter), it reverts to a deformed, ocean-less version of Laythe:

http://i.imgur.com/bCUAoeR.png

Still, I'm surprised I got as far as this. I think I'll post this in the KopernicusTech thread as well, try and get some resolutions for these issues there, too (that is the KT development thread, after all :wink:). I also got some useful information from my testing; the atmosphere works as intended, and the transfer window between Kerbin and Kasimir isn't all that much different than between Kerbin and Jool...

Aside from the issues, this seems to be a good mod so far!

Well, I have a planet, but it's having some teething issues (I don't think any of them are stemming from the tutorial you have here, though :))...

The immediately obvious one is that the wrong side of the planet is lit up:

http://i.imgur.com/MVKlioo.png

The one that you discover later on is even worse...

http://i.imgur.com/8susH9J.png

Yup, there's those normal maps not working! Like I said before, set the opacity of the normal map image to fifty percent. Even if it is "inverted" it will still work. I would provide image examples, but my internet has been so bad lately I can't upload them to imgur. ;.;

It had an identity crisis and reverted to Laythe, except I don't have oceans enabled on the planet, so the ship just went straight through the waterline.

Also, when using the ScaledSpace Updater (with or without the exporter), it reverts to a deformed, ocean-less version of Laythe:

http://i.imgur.com/bCUAoeR.png

I've had the same problem, too. Unfortunately I've never found a solution, so I've simply never updated Scaled Space for my planets. It's a shame, I know.

Well, a friend of mine 4old me that the wrong side lit up bug is caused by texture opacity and you can solve that by converting the textures to .dds

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a friend of mine told me that the wrong side lit up bug is caused by texture opacity and you can solve that by converting the textures to .dds

Yup, there's those normal maps not working! Like I said before, set the opacity of the normal map image to fifty percent. Even if it is "inverted" it will still work. I would provide image examples, but my internet has been so bad lately I can't upload them to imgur. ;.;

I'm afraid you're going to have to clarify the procedure for this, because I can't think of any way that I can set the opacity to 50% or invert the image (if by invert you mean the option that swaps the colours over to their opposites, then I can do that but I don't see how it'd work for a normal).

Well, a friend of mine told me that the wrong side lit up bug is caused by texture opacity and you can solve that by converting the textures to .dds

Sadly, this didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

I'm also still struggling with the fact that the surface of the planet is either disappearing or changing to some version of Laythe. I have, however, managed to get the atmosphere just as I want it.

IhgS41B.png

Wrong side is still lit.

Xf4IDiq.png

The surface disappeared this time, too :huh:

eGWrwfp.png

But the atmosphere looks good :P

I think I'll get to work on a config for Astronomers Visual Pack: Interstellar once these issues are sorted out :cool:

Well, so far I've created a green ocean planet with atmosphere and I have to say, IT LOOKS GORGEOUS! They only bug I have with it is that oceans are no more than a few centimeters depht or they don't exist at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to fix the shadow bug convert the normal maps to .dds and change the texture paths accordingly from .png to .dds ( in the kittopia files).

Well, so far I've created a green ocean planet with atmosphere and I have to say, IT LOOKS GORGEOUS! They only bug I have with it is that oceans are no more than a few centimeters depht or they don't exist at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to fix the shadow bug convert the normal maps to .dds and change the texture paths accordingly from .png to .dds ( in the kittopia files).

There's no line in the Kittopia config for the normal map, but I swapped the normal .png out for a .dds anyway and it still didn't work. Even with everything as a .dds and with the paths in the Kittopia file changed accordingly, it didn't work. I do appreciate the input, but it's sadly not working at all :(

On another note, I'm curious about your green ocean planet. Pictures? :)

OK, as requested, here's my RSS Expansion I put together. Space Engine textures, Kopernicus for new planets. Thanks to pozine for fixing the issue with ScaledSpace.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.sendspace.com/file/6oqrkc

Remember to read the readme for instructions.

Requires RSS (duh?) and adds:

New Pluto with red texture for accuracy: Moons Charon, Styx, Kerberos, Nix, Hydra

Orcus: Moon Vanth

Eris: Moon Dysnomia

Haumea: Moons Hi'iaka, Namaka

Ceres

Vesta

Neptune

Triton

Warning, Nix had a Deimos kraken when I tried to land on it. It could just been that one spot, but be warned.

Credits in readme.

Aha! I've got the normal map to behave! I figured out the opacity and now it's working!

Also, I've borrowed Laythe's atmosphere and cloud configs for AVP Interstellar, but I'll get rid of the bio-luminescence at a later stage. This is basically what Kasimir should look like now.

Dlspfo0.png

At least that's one problem sorted out. I'm a step closer to getting this thing done.

Now for the undoubtedly more dire problem; that of the surface disappearing :huh:

TnfocDN.png

1VvFTgq.png

It states to fade out at about the same altitude and time as you enter the atmosphere, and ultimately the ship explodes at about 500m ASL. If anyone has any information about why this is happening, please help me!

Aha! I've got the normal map to behave! I figured out the opacity and now it's working!

Also, I've borrowed Laythe's atmosphere and cloud configs for AVP Interstellar, but I'll get rid of the bio-luminescence at a later stage. This is basically what Kasimir should look like now.

http://i.imgur.com/Dlspfo0.png

At least that's one problem sorted out. I'm a step closer to getting this thing done.

Now for the undoubtedly more dire problem; that of the surface disappearing :huh:

http://i.imgur.com/TnfocDN.png

http://i.imgur.com/1VvFTgq.png

It states to fade out at about the same altitude and time as you enter the atmosphere, and ultimately the ship explodes at about 500m ASL. If anyone has any information about why this is happening, please help me!

In Kittopia you probably specified an invalid texture, probably because you forgot the file extension.

Here's the Kopernicus config:

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Kasimir
flightGlobalsIndex = 2000
Template
{
name = Laythe
}
Properties
{
description = It was only recently that Kasimir was discovered lying just beyond Jool. When questioned why the rather significant planet hadn't been found sooner, the scientists in charge just shrugged and pulled confused, shame-ridden faces. Nevertheless, Kasimir looks like an interesting planet to explore. It's roughly the same size as Laythe, but with slightly higher gravity and a thicker atmosphere to boot.
radius = 500000
geeASL = 0.9
timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 55000 55000 55000 100000 180000 360000 720000

ScienceValues
{
landedDataValue = 15
flyingLowDataValue = 12
flyingHighDataValue = 11
inSpaceLowDataValue = 10
inSpaceHighDataValue = 8
recoveryValue = 8
flyingAltitudeThreshold = 20000
spaceAltitudeThreshold = 200000
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.6,0.45,0.3,1
inclination = 0.7
eccentricity = 0.04
semiMajorAxis = 83291170250
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 31
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = KopernicusKasimirSystem/Textures/Kasimir_map
normals = KopernicusKasimirSystem/Textures/Kasimir_normal

Gradient
{
0.0 = 0.30,0.55,0.75,1
0.6 = 0.05,0.08,0.14,1
1.0 = 0.00,0.01,0.03,1
}
rimPower = 2
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
Atmosphere
{
ScaleHeight = 4
ContainsOxygen = False
maxAltitude = 55000
Multiplier = 1
lightColor = 1.00, 0.65, 0.35, 1.00
ambientColor = 0.30, 0.625, 0.75, 1.00
}
}
}

And the Kittopia:

PlanetKasimir
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = False
AtmoWaveColour = RGBA(1.000, 0.757, 0.614, 1.000)
AddOceanFx = False
OceanLoadTextures = False
UnlitOcean = False
ModScaledAtmoShader = True
AddRings = True
AddParticles = False
DisableOrbitRenderer = False
Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = 3
OuterRadius = 40121
InnerRadius = 33507
Colour = RGBA(0.562, 0.562, 0.556, 1.000)
LockRot = False
Unlit = True
}
}
}
Orbit
{
eccentricity = 0.04
inclination = 0.7
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
LAN = 31
RefBody = Sun
orbitColor = RGBA(0.600, 0.450, 0.300, 1.000)
}
CelestialBody
{
bodyName = Kasimir
bodyDescription = It was only recently that Kasimir was discovered lying just beyond Jool. When questioned why the rather significant planet hadn't been found sooner, the scientists in charge just shrugged and pulled confused, shame-ridden faces. Nevertheless, Kasimir looks like an interesting planet to explore. It's roughly the same size as Laythe, but with slightly higher gravity and a thicker atmosphere to boot.
GeeASL = 0.899999976158142
Radius = 500000
Mass = 3.30723695164496E+22
gravParameter = 2207249941527.84
sphereOfInfluence = 427089824
hillSphere = 987348352
gMagnitudeAtCenter = 2207249941527.84
use_The_InName = False
isHomeWorld = False
ocean = False
atmosphere = True
staticPressureASL = 1
atmosphereScaleHeight = 4.5
atmosphereContainsOxygen = False
maxAtmosphereAltitude = 55000
altitudeMultiplier = 1
altitudeOffset = 0
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier = 1
useLegacyAtmosphere = True
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
pressureMultiplier = 1
rotates = True
rotationPeriod = 44501
solarRotationPeriod = False
initialRotation = 90
rotationAngle = 175.57241487701
directRotAngle = 28.2074404271501
tidallyLocked = False
inverseRotation = False
inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 100000
angularV = 0.000141192002588247
atmosphericAmbientColor = RGBA(0.300, 0.625, 0.750, 1.000)
}
PQS
{
PQSLandControl
{
useHeightMap = False
heightMap = oceanmoon_height (MapSO)
vHeightMax = 6000
createColors = True
createScatter = True
altitudeBlend = 0.01
altitudeSeed = 53453
altitudeOctaves = 2
altitudePersistance = 0.5
altitudeFrequency = 2
latitudeBlend = 0.05
latitudeSeed = 53456345
latitudeOctaves = 6
latitudePersistance = 0.5
latitudeFrequency = 12
longitudeBlend = 0.05
longitudeSeed = 98888
longitudeOctaves = 4
longitudePersistance = 0.5
longitudeFrequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
Landclass[]
{
Landclass
{
landClassName = BaseLand
color = RGBA(0.254, 0.241, 0.230, 0.000)
noiseColor = RGBA(0.187, 0.184, 0.168, 0.000)
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 1
coverageOctaves = 1
coveragePersistance = 0.5
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 9234
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 32
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 1
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Beach
color = RGBA(0.328, 0.297, 0.297, 0.000)
noiseColor = RGBA(0.343, 0.315, 0.282, 0.000)
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0.2
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = SeaFloor
color = RGBA(0.084, 0.105, 0.149, 0.000)
noiseColor = RGBA(0.066, 0.077, 0.104, 0.000)
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Mud
color = RGBA(0.231, 0.178, 0.125, 0.000)
noiseColor = RGBA(0.313, 0.227, 0.106, 0.000)
latitudeDouble = False
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 8
coverageFrequency = 24
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Snow
color = RGBA(0.731, 0.731, 0.731, 0.000)
noiseColor = RGBA(0.552, 0.519, 0.481, 0.000)
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 0.112439259970451
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = IceCaps
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 0.25
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 20
alterRealHeight = 10
alterApparentHeight = 100
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
}
}
PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha
{
atmosphereDepth = 55000
invert = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_AerialPerspectiveMaterial
{
globalDensity = -1E-05
heightFalloff = 6.75
atmosphereDepth = 150000
DEBUG_SetEveryFrame = True
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_UVPlanetRelativePosition
{
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
{
deformity = 450
seed = 1238999999
frequency = 18
lacunarity = 3
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 4
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 21
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightMap
{
seed = 55345
deformity = 900
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
heightStart = 0.6
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadEnhanceCoast
{
coastLessThan = 0
oceanFactor = 1
coastFactor = 2
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 9999
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform
{
deactivateAltitude = 160000
forceRebuildOnTargetChange = False
forceActivate = False
overrideFade = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 0
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_MaterialSetDirection
{
valueName = _sunLightDirection
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadMeshColliders
{
maxLevelOffset = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
globalDensity = -7.5E-06
heightFalloff = 0.2
atmosphereDepth = 5000
DEBUG_SetEveryFrame = False
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
sphere = LaytheOcean (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
{
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_RemoveQuadMap
{
map = oceanmoon_height (MapSO)
mapDeformity = 0
minHeight = 0
maxHeight = 0.5
modEnabled = True
order = 1000
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_OceanFX
{
framesPerSecond = 10
spaceAltitude = 0
blendA = 0
blendB = 0
waterMainLength = 8
txIndex = 0
texBlend = 0
angle = 0
specColor = RGBA(0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000)
oceanOpacity = 0
spaceSurfaceBlend = 0
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight
{
deformity = 200
seed = 3475645
frequency = 400
lacunarity = 1.5
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 2
heightStart = 0.2
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = (MapSO)
heightMapDeformity = 6529
heightMapOffset = 4
scaleDeformityByRadius = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
blend = 0
lcCount = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSCity
{
debugOrientated = False
frameDelta = 0
repositionToSphere = False
repositionToSphereSurface = False
repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = False
repositionRadial = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
repositionRadiusOffset = 0
reorientToSphere = False
reorientInitialUp = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
reorientFinalAngle = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
vertexColorMap = (MapSO)
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeight
{
seed = 11094
deformity = 300
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
{
seed = 2169
deformity = 100
octaves = 3
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 0.8
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
}
}

Hey people, I am developing an oceanic moon for my Kerbol+ pack but oceans don't seam to appear whatsoever! The moon isn't different (as configs) from other workong oceanic planets nd i'm struggling to find out what's the problem...BTW, I didn't generate the .bin file for it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Kasimir
Template
{
name = Laythe
}
Properties
{
description = It was only recently that Kasimir was discovered lying just beyond Jool. When questioned why the rather significant planet hadn't been found sooner, the scientists in charge just shrugged and pulled confused, shame-ridden faces. Nevertheless, Kasimir looks like an interesting planet to explore. It's roughly the same size as Laythe, but with slightly higher gravity and a thicker atmosphere to boot.
radius = 500000
geeASL = 0.9

ScienceValues
{
landedDataValue = 15
flyingLowDataValue = 12
flyingHighDataValue = 11
inSpaceLowDataValue = 10
inSpaceHighDataValue = 8
recoveryValue = 8
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.6,0.45,0.3,1
inclination = 0.7
eccentricity = 0.04
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{

Gradient
{
0.0 = 0.30,0.55,0.75,1
0.6 = 0.05,0.08,0.14,1
1.0 = 0.00,0.01,0.03,1
}
rimPower = 2
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
Atmosphere
{
ScaleHeight = 4
ContainsOxygen = False
maxAltitude = 55000
Multiplier = 1
}
}
}

And the Kittopia:

PlanetKasimir
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = False
AddOceanFx = False
UnlitOcean = False
AddRings = True
AddParticles = False
Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = 3
OuterRadius = 40121
InnerRadius = 33507
LockRot = False
Unlit = True
}
}
}
Orbit
{
eccentricity = 0.04
inclination = 0.7
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
LAN = 31
RefBody = Sun
}
CelestialBody
{
bodyName = Kasimir
bodyDescription = It was only recently that Kasimir was discovered lying just beyond Jool. When questioned why the rather significant planet hadn't been found sooner, the scientists in charge just shrugged and pulled confused, shame-ridden faces. Nevertheless, Kasimir looks like an interesting planet to explore. It's roughly the same size as Laythe, but with slightly higher gravity and a thicker atmosphere to boot.
Radius = 500000
hillSphere = 987348352
use_The_InName = False
isHomeWorld = False
ocean = False
atmosphere = True
staticPressureASL = 1
altitudeMultiplier = 1
altitudeOffset = 0
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
pressureMultiplier = 1
rotates = True
rotationPeriod = 44501
initialRotation = 90
tidallyLocked = False
inverseRotation = False
}
PQS
{
PQSLandControl
{
useHeightMap = False
vHeightMax = 6000
createColors = True
createScatter = True
altitudeBlend = 0.01
altitudeSeed = 53453
altitudeOctaves = 2
altitudeFrequency = 2
latitudeBlend = 0.05
latitudeSeed = 53456345
latitudeOctaves = 6
latitudeFrequency = 12
longitudeBlend = 0.05
longitudeSeed = 98888
longitudeOctaves = 4
longitudeFrequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
Landclass[]
{
Landclass
{
landClassName = BaseLand
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 1
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 9234
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 32
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 1
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Beach
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0.2
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = SeaFloor
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Mud
latitudeDouble = False
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 8
coverageFrequency = 24
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Snow
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = IceCaps
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 0.25
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 20
alterRealHeight = 10
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
}
}
PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha
{
atmosphereDepth = 55000
invert = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
globalDensity = -1E-05
heightFalloff = 6.75
atmosphereDepth = 150000
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
{
deformity = 450
seed = 1238999999
frequency = 18
lacunarity = 3
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 4
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 21
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 55345
deformity = 900
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
heightStart = 0.6
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadEnhanceCoast
{
coastLessThan = 0
oceanFactor = 1
coastFactor = 2
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 9999
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
forceActivate = False
overrideFade = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 0
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadMeshColliders
{
maxLevelOffset = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
globalDensity = -7.5E-06
heightFalloff = 0.2
atmosphereDepth = 5000
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
{
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_RemoveQuadMap
{
mapDeformity = 0
minHeight = 0
maxHeight = 0.5
modEnabled = True
order = 1000
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_OceanFX
{
framesPerSecond = 10
spaceAltitude = 0
blendA = 0
blendB = 0
waterMainLength = 8
txIndex = 0
texBlend = 0
angle = 0
oceanOpacity = 0
spaceSurfaceBlend = 0
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
{
deformity = 200
seed = 3475645
frequency = 400
lacunarity = 1.5
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 2
heightStart = 0.2
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = (MapSO)
heightMapOffset = 4
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
blend = 0
lcCount = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSCity
{
debugOrientated = False
frameDelta = 0
reorientToSphere = False
reorientFinalAngle = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
vertexColorMap = (MapSO)
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 11094
deformity = 300
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 2169
deformity = 100
octaves = 3
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 0.8
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
}
}

Would you mind posting the Kittopia code before testing it ingame? We can't make out your file path from that wall of text... did you checked if the textures are the same format as the ones you (suposely) provided in the code?

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Kasimir
Template
{
name = Laythe
}
Properties
{
radius = 500000
geeASL = 0.9

ScienceValues
{
landedDataValue = 15
flyingLowDataValue = 12
flyingHighDataValue = 11
inSpaceLowDataValue = 10
inSpaceHighDataValue = 8
recoveryValue = 8
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.6,0.45,0.3,1
inclination = 0.7
eccentricity = 0.04
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{

Gradient
{
0.0 = 0.30,0.55,0.75,1
0.6 = 0.05,0.08,0.14,1
1.0 = 0.00,0.01,0.03,1
}
rimPower = 2
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
Atmosphere
{
ScaleHeight = 4
ContainsOxygen = False
maxAltitude = 55000
Multiplier = 1
}
}
}

And the Kittopia:

PlanetKasimir
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = False
AddOceanFx = False
UnlitOcean = False
AddRings = True
AddParticles = False
Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = 3
OuterRadius = 40121
InnerRadius = 33507
LockRot = False
Unlit = True
}
}
}
Orbit
{
eccentricity = 0.04
inclination = 0.7
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 14
LAN = 31
RefBody = Sun
}
CelestialBody
{
bodyName = Kasimir
Radius = 500000
hillSphere = 987348352
use_The_InName = False
isHomeWorld = False
ocean = False
atmosphere = True
staticPressureASL = 1
altitudeMultiplier = 1
altitudeOffset = 0
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
pressureMultiplier = 1
rotates = True
rotationPeriod = 44501
initialRotation = 90
tidallyLocked = False
inverseRotation = False
}
PQS
{
PQSLandControl
{
useHeightMap = False
vHeightMax = 6000
createColors = True
createScatter = True
altitudeBlend = 0.01
altitudeSeed = 53453
altitudeOctaves = 2
altitudeFrequency = 2
latitudeBlend = 0.05
latitudeSeed = 53456345
latitudeOctaves = 6
latitudeFrequency = 12
longitudeBlend = 0.05
longitudeSeed = 98888
longitudeOctaves = 4
longitudeFrequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
Landclass[]
{
Landclass
{
landClassName = BaseLand
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 1
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 9234
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 32
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 1
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Beach
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0.2
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = SeaFloor
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 0
coverageSeed = 75674
coverageOctaves = 1
coverageFrequency = 1
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 75635
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
latDelta = 1
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Mud
latitudeDouble = False
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 8
coverageFrequency = 24
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = Snow
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 1
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 0
alterRealHeight = 0
alterApparentHeight = 0
altDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
Landclass
{
landClassName = IceCaps
latitudeDouble = True
coverageBlend = 1
coverageSeed = 234124
coverageOctaves = 6
coverageFrequency = 12
noiseBlend = 0.25
noiseSeed = 5646345
noiseOctaves = 8
noisePersistance = 0.5
noiseFrequency = 24
minimumRealHeight = 20
alterRealHeight = 10
altDelta = 1
latDelta = 0
lonDelta = 1
delta = 0
}
}
}
PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha
{
atmosphereDepth = 55000
invert = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
globalDensity = -1E-05
heightFalloff = 6.75
atmosphereDepth = 150000
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 999999
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
{
deformity = 450
seed = 1238999999
frequency = 18
lacunarity = 3
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 4
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 21
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 55345
deformity = 900
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
heightStart = 0.6
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadEnhanceCoast
{
coastLessThan = 0
oceanFactor = 1
coastFactor = 2
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 9999
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
forceActivate = False
overrideFade = False
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 0
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_QuadMeshColliders
{
maxLevelOffset = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
globalDensity = -7.5E-06
heightFalloff = 0.2
atmosphereDepth = 5000
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
{
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_RemoveQuadMap
{
mapDeformity = 0
minHeight = 0
maxHeight = 0.5
modEnabled = True
order = 1000
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
PQSMod_OceanFX
{
framesPerSecond = 10
spaceAltitude = 0
blendA = 0
blendB = 0
waterMainLength = 8
txIndex = 0
texBlend = 0
angle = 0
oceanOpacity = 0
spaceSurfaceBlend = 0
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = LaytheOcean
}
{
deformity = 200
seed = 3475645
frequency = 400
lacunarity = 1.5
persistance = 0.7
octaves = 2
heightStart = 0.2
heightEnd = 1
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 20
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = (MapSO)
heightMapOffset = 4
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
blend = 0
lcCount = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSCity
{
debugOrientated = False
frameDelta = 0
reorientToSphere = False
reorientFinalAngle = 0
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = False
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
vertexColorMap = (MapSO)
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 11094
deformity = 300
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 12
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
{
seed = 2169
deformity = 100
octaves = 3
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 0.8
sphere = Kasimir (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Kasimir
}
}
}

vertexColorMap = (MapSO) and heightMap = (MapSO) is likely your problem.

Remember when you save a planet config from kittopia you need to edit the file and add back in the path to you textures. Also you can make the config more readable by removing entirely things that you don't change, such as PQSMod_OceanFX, PQSMod_RemoveQuadMap, PQSMod_UVPlanetRelativePosition, PQSMod_AerialPerspectiveMaterial, ect.

Also, if someone is having issues with oceans not seeming to appear, it's likely that you need to use more of an offset to your heightmap.