[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Naahrg, sorry. :( First of all: Which mods / planet packs do you have installed? Second: Are you trying to make your own planets? If yes, please post your configuration files. :)

I have the Outer Planets mod- and that's it. For mods... Here's a picture:

PkkvkUd.jpg

None of the mods that are supposed interfere with KopernicusTech or Kopernicus or KittopiaTech are in there- I think.

Here's an interesting Linux related bug:

Okay...looking through the logs for Kittopia, something suspicious:

Code:

[WRN 21:48:13.753] File 'GameData/KittopiaSpace/StarFix.cfg' does not exist

[EXC 21:48:13.755] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/user/GameData/KittopiaSpace/StarFix.cfg".

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)

ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)

PFUtilityAddon.PlanetToolsUiController.LoadStarData (System.String starName)

PFUtilityAddon.PlanetToolsUiController..ctor ()

UnityEngine.GameObject:.ctor(String, Type[])

PFUtilityAddon.MyClass:Update()

Why is it looking for StarFix.cfg relative to my home directory, instead of relative to the KSP install directory? It's obviously looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,

-BS

- - - Updated - - -

I both created a link from my home dir GameData to the KSP install home GameData directory, and launched KSP directly from the install directory. The zoom-out works. I can see the rings. Must be a bug where either OPM or Kittopia is looking for StarFix.cfg in the wrong place. Any idea which one to blame?

Thanks all...

-BS

Anyone got any work on Mekan1k's issue... because whenever I try to use OPM, I get no planets. Fresh KitopiaTech. From KT itself, and the one bundled with OPM... none of the planets show up. Yes, I have installed DDS loader... I'll run it again, and get the log for someone to dismantle and see if they can help

Okay, I'm back!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 my most recent log

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Photographic evidence. Can someone help us? It seems to be only happening with OPM installed, if I remove it, all fine, put it in with KT or another bundled .dll's, no OPM planets... it urks me... because I could actually get OPM and other planet packs to work, back in, I think it was 1.4 OPM with KT

Okay, I'm back!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 my most recent log

http://imgur.com/a/gj41U

Photographic evidence. Can someone help us? It seems to be only happening with OPM installed, if I remove it, all fine, put it in with KT or another bundled .dll's, no OPM planets... it urks me... because I could actually get OPM and other planet packs to work, back in, I think it was 1.4 OPM with KT

It's because the latest version is incompatible with KopernicusTech, as _Augustus_ mentioned.

It's because the latest version is incompatible with KopernicusTech, as _Augustus_ mentioned.

This is not true. The latest update of OPM, a few days old, is for the latest KT update (0.121). Augustus was right before my 1.5.5 update was released, but not since.

OPM uses the latest version of KT (0.121)

Oh........

- - - Updated - - -

This is not true. The latest update of OPM, a few days old, is for the latest KT update (0.121). Augustus was right before my 1.5.5 update was released, but not since.

I see now.Guess i was confused a bit :P

Does this work on Linux? I can't interact with the ui at all except to move it. All my planets work I am just trying to use the ui

Would anyone happen to know the answer to this?

Look at my repo, there ist one. ;)https://github.com/ThomasKerman/Kopernicus/tree/KopernicusHack/Pre%20Alpha/prealpha3/GameData

And a little update for y'all (Oh dear, i'm coding too much :D): I figured out, that Tekno's code, that rearranges the planets in the R&D after their semiMajorAxis, caused some sort of bug in the loader, that i've fixed now (by removing the code). In short that means:

Stars are working now!

Cheers! :D

Thomas

OMG YUSSS!

Lavinia and Stella are gonna be back really soon!

Edit: Okay, maybe not. It seems as if multiple star systems orbiting a black hole aren't exactly possible, and Kerbol having companion stars without a barycenter is somewhat nonsensical.

Edited by _Augustus_

Hm, maybe it's possible to include the star alternation modules from StarSystems into Kopernicus, but we would have to coordinate our efforts with Tekno, I think. ;)

Unfortunately, both Tekno and Gravitasi are never on for some reason.

look at my repo, there ist one. ;)https://github.com/thomaskerman/kopernicus/tree/kopernicushack/pre%20alpha/prealpha3/gamedata

and a little update for y'all (oh dear, i'm coding too much :D): I figured out, that tekno's code, that rearranges the planets in the r&d after their semimajoraxis, caused some sort of bug in the loader, that i've fixed now (by removing the code). In short that means:

Stars are working now!

cheers! :D

thomas

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOMAS YOU ARE THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD! EVERYONE BLESS HIM!

Sorry if i was being intense there ;) it's just sheer excitment.Now let me continue with my unnecessary excitment:

SIRIUSB, GET OVER HERE! STARS ARE FIXED!!!

Edited by Candlelight

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Time to make all the planet packs! :D

Not to much pls, I have to make the planet pages on my wiki. My templates are almost working.

Does anyone know any tool to create planetary textures? Like, you could paint craters, canyons, mountains? Also, idk how to photoshop with layers and SpaceEngine exporting doesn't work for me....

Does anyone know any tool to create planetary textures? Like, you could paint craters, canyons, mountains? Also, idk how to photoshop with layers and SpaceEngine exporting doesn't work for me....

Well, i don't know anything excluding SpaceEngine.

I wish we could mix this and starsystems ! It woudl be so amazing !

EDIT : Do the version I can download on the main post include the star fix ?

Edited by Elowiny