Just 7 days til launch! Watch the first preview video of...

SQUAD

<iframe width="400" height="225" id="youtube_iframe" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VuZRHGIvWho?feature=oembed&enablejsapi=1&origin=http://safe.txmblr.com&wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br/><br/><p>

Just 7 days til launch! Watch the first preview video of Kerbal Space Program’s 1.0!<br/></p>

Well, that was revealing,,,not

It's one little teaser video, there'll be more coming. Besides, it does show two features from the update, climbing and Valentina. If they do one of these every day up until launch I think that'll reveal plenty :)

No, it isn't 27th, it is 28th. :P

Are we talking seven days as of the time this day started, or the next day?

Dates are weird.

*checks calender*

By my count seven days is right underneath the current day. Current day is Monday the 20th, so, a week (or 7 days) from now is the 27th.

Are we talking seven days as of the time this day started, or the next day?

Dates are weird.

It'll be the 27th for those of you in Continental America/Europe, the 28th for those of us in Oceania. :)

It'll be the 27th for those of you in Continental America/Europe, the 28th for those of us in Oceania. :)

Nineteen Eighty-Four Oceania or something else? Because 1984 Oceania is the Americas and the British Isles...

Can't wait to start waiting!

How can you call it a hype when half the game is changed without a 0.99 pre-launch bug fixing release is still mind boggling....

Only thing I look forward to is to just get this blunder done so that Harvester can focus on a Unity 5 build for multi threaded physics 64bit release, wich should have been a 1.0 even if it took another 2 or 3 months.

I'm not against clambering but did we need clambering? It's not something I've thought about for KSP or ever heard anyone talk about. I've never even seen a situation where clambering would be used. Except when I make an early space plane before ladders are researched so I need to drop the landing gear to get low enough so I can get back on board. Sometimes that can be awkward without clambering.

I'm not going to complain about making the small improvements though. It's a quality of life change which though small will be nice to have.

latest?cb=20150112000914

The only accurate way to express my emotions. Me being very happy whilst simultaneously having friends who couldn't give a crap. And also with trains in it. HypeTrain reaching SUPERLUDICROUS speeds!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not against clambering but did we need clambering? It's not something I've thought about for KSP or ever heard anyone talk about. I've never even seen a situation where clambering would be used. Except when I make an early space plane before ladders are researched so I need to drop the landing gear to get low enough so I can get back on board. Sometimes that can be awkward without clambering.

I'm not going to complain about making the small improvements though. It's a quality of life change which though small will be nice to have.

Have you ever tried climbing over a seemingly fine ladder intersection only to have your Kerbal utterly confused?

... Have you ever tried climbing over a seemingly fine ladder intersection only to have your Kerbal utterly confused?
That is a nice idea, and I hope it works out that way. But I have a feeling the animation will transition from "on ladder" to attempting to step up/down to the next ladder, and poor Kerbal falls off, anyway. But, when you see while building a craft, that the ladder junctions are coming together at difficult angles and might not work smoothly, it will be possible to use objects as steps and ledges, between the ladders :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.