Just 7 days til launch! Watch the first preview video of...

SQUAD

9 seconds? Seriously?

I'm really looking forward the 1.0 update - Reallly! - but this video leaves me wondering what the purpose is of all the time spent on animations...

That looks like in-game footage, we haven't been shown the animated trailer yet. Soontm, I'm sure.

That looks like in-game footage, we haven't been shown the animated trailer yet. Soontm, I'm sure.

Fair enough. Still, 9 seconds.

If the drip feed continues this slow, it could cause one to retire to their "hype"r-sleep chamber for 7 days until there is enough video banked up to constitute a proper trailer.

No worries, I'm sure it will all be just fine.

Wait!

On a Monday? You guys are gluttons for punishment, should be Friday and you take the weekend off while the bug reports flow in :)

But Clamoring is what the community is now doing as we await release hehehe.

Congrats to the team, really! I think it's terrific you decided to toss out the announcement, now we'll have no more F5 finger injuries here between now and then.

good, i should be done with exams by then, so i wont have any major distractions before im through with finals.

Anyways, that clambering looks like itll help ALOT when climbing back onto a interceptor, one issue ive always had (kerbin and high gravity planets that is) is that kerbals REFUSE to get back up onto the craft, and i need to abuse the double-jump glitch to get them up there (enable jetpack, and hit jump key twice quickly, gives you 2 jumps usually). This should fix that issue and let they grab the wing instead, and pull themselves atop said wing.

Now im tempted to try to scale the VAB building with just a kerbal alone, does this "clamber" feature work on vertical walls? If not i recommend you model either suction/magnetic boots or give them grappling hooks :D

Most of the memory leaks that have plagued the game for years fixed ?

Quite possibly. Maxmaps said during a SquadCast that they had fixed 8-12 memory leaks, including every one that he was aware of.

- Actual memory management ?

- Actual asset management ?

It sounds like the DDS texture patch went into 1.0, which is going to drastically reduce the amount of memory that KSP uses. With both of these being the case, the only major things that they could really add to improve either the memory or asset management would be detection of OOM issues and dynamic loading of assets. Dynamic assets when your assets loader might have memory leaks could potentially be worse than loading everything once.

This can end up as a train-wreck and it would be a damn shame.

It could. It could also end up just fine. Between the memory leak fixes and switch to DDS textures, 1.0 sounds like it's going to be stable enough. We should have a better idea Monday.

Hmm, having just finished the tech tree and KSC upgrades in my latest career game, I was considering starting a new career with Interstellar and resources(install is all set up in it's own dir), but I think I'll spend this next week finishing the interplanetary missions I have out and try an unmodded career on 1.0 first...

(trying to keep my excitement level in check as my wife is tired of hearing about delta-v and little green men)

So now you can talk about little green women

How can you call it a hype when half the game is changed without a 0.99 pre-launch bug fixing release is still mind boggling....

Only thing I look forward to is to just get this blunder done so that Harvester can focus on a Unity 5 build for multi threaded physics 64bit release, wich should have been a 1.0 even if it took another 2 or 3 months.

Try five or six months. They'll have to almost completely rewrite the entire game for Unity 5.

Wait a release? I thought it was a update. So the whole game is going to be released on the 27th?

Version 1.0 is hitting virtual shelves. Absolutely no difference from previous updates except that the "Early Access" tag will be removed this time. Devs will continue updating the game after this release as well.

I'm sorry, I must have misread. I thought the title of this thread said there's just 1 week till 1.0

Sorry for derailing this topic but I just felt the need to tell you all that- *sees thread title* I think I need to see a doctor. *faints*

Seriously though, I am so excited for 1.0, too bad I've still got 2 months left of school. ;.;

Try five or six months. They'll have to almost completely rewrite the entire game for Unity 5.

No, not a complete rewrite, but I suspect that a Unity 5 port of KSP won't be the easiest thing to do. The PhysX stuff isn't backwards compatible, but a lot of the other stuff is. In fact, almost every dev blog I've seen where a developer said that porting to Unity 5 was easy was for a game that didn't use PhysX rigid body physics, and the few where developers said that they were having problems with the ports were using that.

Expecting a Unity 5 port to be included as a feature in a version of the game that was well under way in development before Unity 5 was released is less than realistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 1.1 version in a few months that does include Unity 5, and I wouldn't be at all disappointed, maybe even happier, if that patch included nothing but the Unity port.

MaxMaps said that evaluating Unity 5 and porting to it if reasonable had a high priority to him (I don't think he was speaking for all of Squad with that line), so in all likelyhood we will see a Unity 5 port in the future.

How can you call it a hype when half the game is changed without a 0.99 pre-launch bug fixing release is still mind boggling...

It was announced that the final round of beta testing has been running since 3rd April. Early access players are not beta testers, they are just people who get to play around with pre-release builds as a reward for supporting the project financially.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.