South-West Launch Site - Kerbal Konstructs Content

Beale

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

An old rusty truck is just missing ahah :D Anyway the pad just look amazing, why not (just a suggestion) add an old antenna or something like that you know

parabolic-antenna-ecs-for-satellites-by-

Sure thing, that's one of the few things left to complete.

Currently I am working on the fuel storage.

77e2887b34.jpg

Current state.

0aaedc8435.jpg

Oh, and finally, some non-grass versions of the buildings.

5048713b70.jpg

Edited by Beale

So THIS is where this has been all my life! :D

I love the stockalike style... not enough KK mods do that. (As in none, other than this one. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THAT IS WRONG!)

If you ever make one on actual land, I suggest putting the grassy ramp type thing as the actual space center, because it allos for any terrain setting. Also, are the buildings destructable? If it isn't, that's kind of a deal breaker... but They look great anyways!

On 4/15/2016 at 3:33 PM, Beale said:

Every space station needs both warehouse and boxes!

Can you make a wooden box part with KIS storage? Then a warehouse. It will be perfect!

EDIT: The non-grass looks awesome! I like it sooo much more!

Edited by legoclone09

21 minutes ago, Andem said:

Also, are the buildings destructable? If it isn't, that's kind of a deal breaker.

That's not going to happen.

Why is that a deal-breaker for you?

11 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Can you make a wooden box part with KIS storage? Then a warehouse. It will be perfect!

EDIT: The non-grass looks awesome! I like it sooo much more!

Can KIS be implemented to static objects? I'm not so familiar with the extra functions of KK, just the basic placement and launchpad parts.

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

Can KIS be implemented to static objects? I'm not so familiar with the extra functions of KK, just the basic placement and launchpad parts.

I'm talking about a part you can place on rockets with the same model/texture.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

That's not going to happen.

Why is that a deal-breaker for you?

Because I have certain rules I play by... and buildings have to comply with those rules. Why isn't that going to happen? There's a mod called Rebar that allows you to make them destructable, so you could use that if you ever wanted to.

14 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I'm talking about a part you can place on rockets with the same model/texture.

I see! Maybe.

11 hours ago, Andem said:

Because I have certain rules I play by... and buildings have to comply with those rules. Why isn't that going to happen? There's a mod called Rebar that allows you to make them destructable, so you could use that if you ever wanted to.

It would take many hours to produce broken versions of the buildings, I think you would agree time better spent on producing more regular content.

Besides, it looks like Rebar has not been updated since... 2014.

17 minutes ago, DMSP said:

This looks so interesting! Will you add a dirt Runway similar to the tier 1 at the KSC?

Possibly. I have a few ideas for aircraft stuff, but they are second place to the rocket facility.

34 minutes ago, KerbOrbiter said:

So, how close you are to the first public release? Can't wait to try it :)

I need to get my other mods 1.1 compatible first, and balance / fix them, etc.

After that, I can return to work on this.

Awesome! I do feel like it needs an airstrip though before I start playing with it. If you can't safely land a plane there I can't use it in my story, not yet.

It looks brilliant though, great work! This is an incredible mod!

26 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Looks great!

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Awesome! I do feel like it needs an airstrip though before I start playing with it. If you can't safely land a plane there I can't use it in my story, not yet.

It looks brilliant though, great work! This is an incredible mod!

That's somewhere down the road, if it helps, you can land a seaplane there right now - then climb the ladders :wink: 

57 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

A helipad would be a neat addition, but I don't see how you could fit one in without moving some stuff around.

I'm planning quite a significant layout shift for polar launches. Currently you launch over the facility, which seems... Dangerous.

The site needs a few different launch places, helipad, rover garage, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.