[1.2] DarkSideTechnology (Beta)

Badsector

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

How many parts do you plan to make? And what could they be?

For now i have plan for do only 2 part more, 2 structural hub but basically they are only 1 because 1 is hollow and other with crew tube

8 minutes ago, njmksr said:

This mod is great! Thanks to it, my Armstrong-class Precursor Exploratory Vessel and Aldrin-class Colonial Establishment Vessel are going to look awesome! :D

Thanks, can you post pics pls ?

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I get that you'll eventually make an IVA. But do you know how to make one?

Nope, when i start model i watch for info

2 hours ago, Badsector said:

Thanks, can you post pics pls ?

Sure! Currently, the United Kerbin Colonial Administration Armstrong is under orbital construction, (but parts of it are too big to launch without cheating) so here is what I have so far: 

The centrifuges look awesome. I haven't updated to v3 yet, but I will. 

I tried to crop out the GUI as much as possible, but that didn't always work.

The propulsion stage looks pretty stupid though because I put tons of Rocket Parts HexCans on it.

And by tons, I mean that I might have to get rid of some of the Rocket Parts because they might make my craft too massive to be moved by RCS. (I actually had to move the rest of the ship to the propulsion stage because of that, as opposed to vice-versa). 

Edited by njmksr

1 hour ago, njmksr said:

Sure! Currently, the United Kerbin Colonial Administration Armstrong is under orbital construction, (but parts of it are too big to launch without cheating) so here is what I have so far:

The centrifuges look awesome. I haven't updated to v3 yet, but I will. 

I tried to crop out the GUI as much as possible, but that didn't always work.

The propulsion stage looks pretty stupid though because I put tons of Rocket Parts HexCans on it.

And by tons, I mean that I might have to get rid of some of the Rocket Parts because they might make my craft too massive to be moved by RCS. (I actually had to move the rest of the ship to the propulsion stage because of that, as opposed to vice-versa). 

Why all those rocketparts ?

you are planning to build a Dyson Sphere around Kerbol ?

I love those massive ships (less the partcount)

Edit

Little suggestion for a ship of those dimensions at least 3 or 4 centrifuge, 2 always with opposing direction (not the rotation but the face)

Edited by Badsector

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

FYI, F1 takes screenshots, but if you F2 beforehand, that will hide the GUI...F2 again, will unhide it...

K. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Badsector said:

Why all those rocketparts ?

you are planning to build a Dyson Sphere around Kerbol ?

Maybe...

(I TOTALLY AM)

Actually, it's because it will be eventually expanded with a FTL (Alcubierre) Drive. The Armstrong will first be sent to establish a colony at Laythe at sublight speeds, and then be used to FTL to another star system.

ATTENTION!!

Big changes that probably broke saved ships are planned.

When i complete those 2 structural part i'm planning on a overhaul of the others part for match the design and for compact the textures.

Centrifuge: central tube shortened(?)

Service module: extended for have more big solar panels(?)

I plan to do that first of the release of KSP 1.1 but now we are running out.

1 hour ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

very good work, innovative

Thanks,

coming from you is worth double

I have made some changes at those hubs, now they are of equal length on all sides and added a 2x3.75 + 4x2.5 version, i have start the remodel of the centrifuge, some changes at windows and many for the texture, the central is completely redone and is 6.1m long versus 7.5m of the old version

Suggestions and criticism are always welcome

Regards Luca

hi badsector, thank you,

but I think design technically very good and innovative solution - perhaps more realistic than the inflatable structures.

even if it is going in this direction (see bigelow aerospace) ..  but i think the astronauts would be at longer space journeys more comfortable in a fixed structure, than in an "inflatable balloon"

- I miss IVAs in the centrifuges modules... , but this is subject not easy to solve. I myself still struggling with unresolved similar problems. (See this thread)

UGnxmzl.jpg

- but the IVAs inside, and the outside textures are done very very perfectly in ksp-stock look.

- great design. Great work - more so'm excited the next things that will come from you.

cheers :D

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

44 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

hi badsector, thank you,

but I think design technically very good and innovative solution - perhaps more realistic than the inflatable structures.

even if it is going in this direction (see bigelow aerospace) ..  but i think the astronauts would be at longer space journeys more comfortable in a fixed structure, than in an "inflatable balloon"

- I miss IVAs in the centrifuges modules... , but this is subject not easy to solve. I myself still struggling with unresolved similar problems. (See this thread)

martian.jpg

- but the IVAs inside, and the outside textures are done very very perfectly in ksp-stock look.

- great design. Great work - more so'm excited the next things that will come from you.

cheers :D

Can't see the image.

2 hours ago, Badsector said:

Remains a lot of work for the textures

Suggestions and criticism are always welcome

I like the redesign.  It seems more stockalike.

On the hubs would you put the hatch style image on the endpoints to indicate that they are theoretically transversable internally?

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on my above idea for IVA issues whether it would work or not.  Even if you aren't planning on redoing your excellent work like that.

Peace.

56 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on my above idea for IVA issues whether it would work or not.  Even if you aren't planning on redoing your excellent work like that.

Sorry but for now i have very little knowledge about IVA and camera views, i would avoid say thing for prejudice without documentation and probably with unity 5 something can change with the camera code.

43 minutes ago, Badsector said:

Sorry but for now i have very little knowledge about IVA and camera views, i would avoid say thing for prejudice without documentation and probably with unity 5 something can change with the camera code.

All good.  I'd try it for myself, but I have little artistic ability and only rudimentary programming knowledge!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.