Put the staging system BACK

I have started a career today and I started making ships and the staging diagram seemed to be broken at first, moving whole groups of engines instead of just one set, then I realized each engine is counted in the diagram (engine 1, engine 2, engine 3, etc) as part of a group. Please Squad, I rarely complain about your decisions as I find ways around the problems but I feel this overcomplicates the staging system as well as making it far larger. For rockets with 100-200 engines through various staging, especially 1st stages (which remember, with 1.1 people are making larger rockets since they are no longer limited by the game) which can have lots of engines and if you use x6 or x8 symmetry then your going to have 8/16/32/64/128 engine icons your needing to move rather than one.

Please go back to the old system we knew. I respect your decisions Squad as it's your game but this is just one time where I want to speak out.

The only issue I found is that it likes to reset your staging when removing multiple stages and putting them back later. Which is annoying, but not the worst thing.

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Has it changed?  It seems to be working the same way it did before.

You can now drag engines instantly and don't need to klick them first to expand. Otherwise they work fine (and better with that addition), I don't really see OPs issue...

3 hours ago, Gaarst said:

N-1 Heavy ?

How  would you glue together N1 stacks, tho?

Edited by Temeter

9 minutes ago, Temeter said:

You can now drag engines instantly and don't need to klick them first to expand. Otherwise they work fine (and better with that addition), I don't really see OPs issue...

You could always do that.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong, I guess you couldn't.  Strange, I didn't even notice.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't want this though.

Edited by Alshain

On 02/05/2016 at 3:29 AM, Temeter said:

Oh That`s nice, i have been wanting that for a while.

3 hours ago, John FX said:

Oh That`s nice, i have been wanting that for a while.

Yep, the whole staging is a bit fidgety, bit that's also because it is much, much faster. Very nice comfort change, especially for complex rockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.