Cloud Aerospace Is in the Sky!

Tristonwilson12

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

@Tristonwilson12 @ZooNamedGames I don't have resources or time to make a scale model, so I will ask you a different question related to the shuttle. Which launch system will you use for the shuttle? 

Well Reese is out today for reasons I'll let him disclose if he wants; that said the launch system is dependent on the vehicles purpose, and if it's manned or unmanned.

All I will say is that initial discussions seems to show that it'll be a manned cargo vehicle which may work well to complement our tourist capsule. Allow us to both work with tourism and cargo delivery. 

That said it's Reese's call ultimately and all I can do is say what I know. Having said that, it will be unlikely we'll use a side slung spaceplane concept (space shuttle style) as it would require some excessively over engineered designs where a simple stacked design would work much better. 

Edited by ZooNamedGames

2 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

@Tristonwilson12 @ZooNamedGames I don't have resources or time to make a scale model, so I will ask you a different question related to the shuttle. Which launch system will you use for the shuttle? 

Uh, are you really just assuming that they're working on a concept you just created? I'm not sure it works like that...

18 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Uh, are you really just assuming that they're working on a concept you just created? I'm not sure it works like that...

He did contact us via PM where the rest of the conversation took place. His post was just a public post continuing that conversation here. Albiet the decision is still undecided on the fate of the vehicle as to whether we will or will not use it and again that decision comes up to the big boss man himself, @Tristonwilson12. Who again is unable to be here today.

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

He did contact us via PM where the rest of the conversation took place. His post was just a public post continuing that conversation here. Albiet the decision is still undecided on the fate of the vehicle as to whether we will or will not use it and again that decision comes up to the big boss man himself, @Tristonwilson12. Who again is unable to be here today.

Hold on, we can suggest stuff via PM? *starts PMing*

3 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Hold on, we can suggest stuff via PM? *starts PMing*

Preferably not. He had some questions as to what he should do but honestly it's only fair (and a lot easier for us) if you'd just post them here (not that I ever read we were taking suggestions but some of these are cool to see nonetheless and to be fair the spaceplane did get Reese thinking).

13 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well Reese is out today for reasons I'll let him disclose if he wants; that said the launch system is dependent on the vehicles purpose, and if it's manned or unmanned.

All I will say is that initial discussions seems to show that it'll be a manned cargo vehicle which may work well to complement our tourist capsule. Allow us to both work with tourism and cargo delivery. 

That said it's Reese's call ultimately and all I can do is say what I know. Having said that, it will be unlikely we'll use a side slung spaceplane concept (space shuttle style) as it would require some excessively over engineered designs where a simple stacked design would work much better. 

Well, I will be waiting, @Tristonwilson12.

The shuttle will be manned, of course. Why build a shuttle with windows if it is unmanned?

@ZooNamedGames Also, what to name the shuttle? Cloud Aerospace has rockets named after weather, so what could be the name? 

Edited by Joseph Kerman

3 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Well, I will be waiting, @Tristonwilson12.

The shuttle will be manned, of course. Why build a shuttle with windows if it is unmanned?

@ZooNamedGames Also, what to name the shuttle? Cloud Aerospace has rockets named after weather, so what could be the name? 

How about 'Cirrus', referring to a wispy cloud normally found  higher than most other types of cloud?

5 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I might make a capsule thing like @Ultimate Steve did. I do not want it to really fly, but it sounds like fun!

The concept I have in mind would be automated with the ability to change your orientation if fuel permits. So if you want to look at the Earth you can, or if you want to look at the moon you can or the stars or what have you.

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

The concept I have in mind would be automated with the ability to change your orientation if fuel permits. So if you want to look at the Earth you can, or if you want to look at the moon you can or the stars or what have you.

Thats cool actually. Very good idea!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.