My Welcome Post

IorifuI

Ohai, I've come about the Kerbal universe mostly by accident, as I like to have streams in the background while coding, and one of the streamers I like to watch, RocketPCGaming, gave me KSP.  Besides being a really cool and amazing space game, it has elements of a puzzle game, if you've seen the simple flash game "Fantastic Contraption", then you'll know what I mean..

Lately I've been coding a mesh generator I developed eight years ago, to make curvispatial organic spaceships.  Now I can make the fibonacci distribution of points for smooth and efficient surfaces, as well as generate in-program all the textures that a mesh needs as well, normal, height, color, even Kerbal Biome pics, with interesting ways to algorithmically define separate biomes that make sense with the surface information.  Because everything is calculated in a three dimensional vector space, it can do some very interesting things, like realistic craters that are perfectly shaped no matter the latitude they generate.  Also this is becoming an extremely useful tool to make KSP objects with.

vsnajQa.png

I'm currently at a point in development where I can start to make content in KSP format with it, at least with the png and dds maps, Everything under the Spawnfluence text was generated in my program.

As fun as coding algorithms is, sometimes it's good to jump into KSP and put things into space, and the game is a good challenge for a new player like me.

Hya7uCF.png

Right now I'm planning an invasion of Duna for when the next launch window opens, although Jool is also expected to swing around, and I've gotten the hang of gravity insertions with the innermost moon.

• 2 weeks later...