[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

when I installed it on 0.20.1, it lagged the crap out of the VAB, then crashed. I couldn't find a way to fix it, so I uninstalled it and it worked fine.

I think you actually mean 0.21+ as I have tested it there and it crashes the game.

ok did just that with the re-installation but there is no change

Edit: if your mods lag the crap out of the game and crash how about lowering the texture quality in settings which should allow it to work

Edit: i fixed because the problem was my attempt at organizing mods

Edited by Helix935
i fixed it

I think he means the ports that you can take off and replace somewhere else. Because I am having issues with them as well. Once I remove one I can never place it, I have to just let go of it and let it become debris.

I think he means the ports that you can take off and replace somewhere else. Because I am having issues with them as well. Once I remove one I can never place it, I have to just let go of it and let it become debris.

I have a vague recollection of encountering something like that. I think it might have been a problem with trying to attach the removable port to something that isn't controllable (enough Kerbals onboard to carry out commands or a probe body). Though maybe that's wrong. Something to try, anyway. Also, make sure you're close enough to the object you're trying to connect to. There seems to be a rather limited range at which these things work.

I have a vague recollection of encountering something like that. I think it might have been a problem with trying to attach the removable port to something that isn't controllable (enough Kerbals onboard to carry out commands or a probe body). Though maybe that's wrong. Something to try, anyway. Also, make sure you're close enough to the object you're trying to connect to. There seems to be a rather limited range at which these things work.

There is a set range that things can be attached..its listed in config. If you cant get the connector to attach grab a ladder and reload the 'craft'.

Press h and place it on the side of a normal part e.g. the command module in your screenshot. Detachable ports are not stored in Hook Bays as they are not hooks. (In-fact if you break off a port with a connector plugged into it, KAS doesn't recognise that the connector is attached to something and you cannot remove it, rendering that winch useless.)

Press h and place it on the side of a normal part e.g. the command module in your screenshot. Detachable ports are not stored in Hook Bays as they are not hooks. (In-fact if you break off a port with a connector plugged into it, KAS doesn't recognise that the connector is attached to something and you cannot remove it, rendering that winch useless.)

Ive stuck the attachable/detachable port in the hook bays all the time, although ive never had a reason to stick em back

Ive stuck the attachable/detachable port in the hook bays all the time, although ive never had a reason to stick em back

I did run into issues when I was first figuring out KAS with trying to connect the port to a hook bay. These days I usually just keep a couple of detachable ports stuck to the side of my ships that have a winch. I stick them on a fuel tank or command pod. That way if I ever need to connect that winch to a ship that doesn't have an attachment port, I can stick a temporary one on it.

This solves the problem: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25563-0-20-KAS-v0-3-1-Kerbal-Attachment-System?p=541926&viewfull=1#post541926

anyone got a clue when the 0.21 version of this is coming out? i also have a suggestion that we could have some scaled up winches to 1.25m instead of just probe size. the cable could be respectivly longer also, 200m instead of 50m?

Is it the incompatibility with .21 or is the stack connector port generally so unstable?

I tried to put it below a horizontal winch on a skycrane for my rover, but when accelerating with the carrier rocket it's super unstable and bends into all directions which makes the rocket impossible to fly (even for MechJeb). Putting struts into the rover doesn't help, as I am not able to lower it with the winch.

I installed KAS to give it a try but the audio went nuts and the display freezes constantly.

[LOG 20:28:03.574] Load(Audio): KAS/Sounds/attach

[EXC 20:28:03.581] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 20:28:06.834] Load(Audio): KAS/Sounds/bipwrong

[LOG 20:28:06.841] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:28:06.950] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:28:07.051] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 21:47:26.262] [KAS] KASModuleWinchGui set to : -1045876253

[EXC 21:47:26.266] MissingFieldException: Field '.FlightGlobals.fetch' not found.

In the KSP log every tenth of a second forever. Anyone know how to fix this? For now I'm just going to remove KAS I think since it's the problem.

I built a cargo plane with B9 parts. I added a KAS winch in front of the cargo bay to pull cargo in (which sits on a wheeled cart). But I now can't find a way to properly secure the cargo.

If I use the KAS "Docked" feature, the cargo no longer clips with the rest of the vessel, making it instantly fall through the bay floor to the ground. As soon as I undock it, a fiery disintegration ensues. Just leaving it undocked on a very short "leash" also doesn't cut it, as during supersonic flight parts just start to fall off/explode, and heavy cargo wobbles intensely. I wanted to use Docking Struts (that ancient mod), but that only works after the cargo is docked, which means it already dropped to the ground. After strutting it then the cargo is perfectly stable, but it looks horrible and undocking still causes an explosion...

Any ideas on how I could solve this? I really like that plane setup :/ .

B5JnVp0s.jpg PNNF9Dls.jpg

Is this compatable with 0.21?

KAS 0.3.1 in KSP 21.1 seems to pretty much work ok for me. I've not tested it fully but I used it to tow some debris to deorbit it and I've used it as fuel lines just fine.

The only issue I had was with the movable connector. When Jeb picked it up he could not place it, but doing a quick save and reload sorted that out.

I've just noticed something in the part.cfg for the winches (sorry if this has been mentioned, I searched the thread and couldn't find a mention);

Its nothing major and even thou I've edited it many times I only just noticed, but the variable cableMaxLenght is misspelled.

Edited by katateochi