[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You all probably know already but with 0.25 Squad has renamed a lot of part folders which breaks this. Once you move everything around it seems to be working correctly again.

Edited by Kaa253

• 2 weeks later...
How did you edit the textures for the Skipper engine? All I get when I convert it to PNG is a really tranparent diffuse file.

You shouldn't have to convert anything from this pack.

EDIT- There is just MBM files all but the tanks, I just copyed them out of a 24.2 and put them in .25 where they go and all good.

Edited by Mecripp2

All credit to blackheart612 for the great job done, And if anyone wants to try on .25 here is a link it is missing the decoupler they keep showing up in white and on the RCS Tank there is a folder with PNG format if they don't work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Squad%20Re-Texture%20Project.zip

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

I'd love to see this worked on some more, the work you have here is too good not to. One thing I'd love to see is a better retexture of the engine fairings and decouplers. That's the only thing that happens when you use this mod; the fairings and decoupler just don't blend with the improved textures. Hopefully you'll be able to get to them, if not, oh well, but I do think it's worth looking into :).

As usual, keep up the good work!

If you use Photoshop, make sure to get SuperPNG, and when you load the PNG, hold down ALT when you click open. Then choose "alpha" not "layer transparency", and "Set Default." That will make your life easier. PS does *not* handle PNG well out of the box.
You can also select the image in PS, then hit Layer > New Layer Mask > From Transparency, then drag the mask that is created to a new layer.

http://i.imgur.com/8ypXm37.jpg

Whoa! smart / cool

• 1 month later...
These are incredible. It's tempting me to add Squads engine back into the game just to use these.

EDIT: Just installed it. Never going back.

Thank you :D

What are you using to re-texture the pieces? I'd love to have a go at some of them myself.

I convert the mbm to png and refer to it to make textures using Photoshop CS6. :D

Just use Ven's Stock Part Revamp. Higher quality models, and the textures look awesome as well. Not to mention they're much more realistic.

True. Only some people still want squad's models and KW textures. lol

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.