[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

• 3 weeks later...

So I set a prob to Eve with multiple parts of Scansat and it mapped an anomaly with a question mark after some time.  However, I'm on Eve now at the question mark and nothing is there save for some volcanic rocks.  What am I missing to actually find and see the anomaly?

Edited by Biggen

19 minutes ago, Biggen said:

So I set a prob to Eve with multiple parts of Scansat and it mapped an anomaly with a question mark after some time.  However, I'm on Eve now at the question mark and nothing is there save for some volcanic rocks.  What am I missing to actually find and see the anomaly?

Try the BTDT Been-There-Done-That scanner. You have to get close to the landmark, I forget the exact distance maybe it's 1km. An active BTDT will convert the question mark from gray into yellow, and then when you move the mouse over the question mark on the SCANsat map it will show the name of the anomaly at the bottom.

That gray-to-yellow change won't show up until you refresh the map or reopen it.

I'll also say, if it's a Randolith, they tend to show up in one place on ScanSAT when I'm looking at the map while not in the SOI of the planet, and a different one when I'm actually there and looking. It's always at the spot it shows when I'm focused on a craft in the SOI of the body.

2 hours ago, Jeffery Kerman said:

I know that, officially, SCANsat only works on 1.10, but does it still work on 1.12?

Yes, virtually all mods for 1.8 or later will work in 1.12.  I'd suggest enabling those versions as compatible in CKAN.

1 hour ago, Jeffery Kerman said:

what if i dont use CKAN?

Well, you can install it manually but make sure to use the latest versions of any dependencies.  But really, ckan will prevent the majority of installation and compatibility issues.