The Plernerts!

Felsmak

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Felsmak Is it possible for you to create the 7 planets of the HD 219134 system with color maps? It may be too much to ask, but I have some detailed ideas to make it somewhat easier:

• PLANET B: A desert planet. Some of it is covered in white-yellow sands, while the other parts are black with volcanic basalt. A few lava lakes inhabit the dark regions.
  • PLANET C: Red-orange volcanic desert with an overheated atmosphere. Lava ravines scar the almost invisible surface.
  • PLANET F: An iron-rich planet. There are large oceans of silvery liquid metals with continents of steel and diamonds.
  • PLANET D: A purple ice giant. It is almost cloudless, except for multiple small white cirrus-like clouds in the upper atmosphere.
  • PLANET G: An oceania planet. The entire surface is one giant sea, with a thick atmosphere raging with cyclones.
  • PLANET E: Something similar to Titan. Oceans are made of blueish liquid ammonia, while the continents are orange with vibrant blue ice on top.
  • PLANET H: A green gas giant, as vibrant as Jool but cloudless like Uranus. It has a set of far-orbiting, blue icy rings.

I currently don't draw a lot of planets, but I'll consider your request the next time I do. Though I should probably mention that I'm not used to making actual planet maps. All planets shown on these pictures are regular drawings, not 3D models.

6 minutes ago, Hypercosmic said:

My profile, please! :P

I actually used a picture from the same photo series as yours for reference. :P Those photos are among the best photos of Earth I've ever seen. On most pictures you can find on the web, the colors have been amplified to the point where they look unnatural.

Edited by Felsmak

Just now, Felsmak said:

I actually used a picture from the same photo series as yours. :P Those photos are among the best photos of Earth I've ever seen. On most pictures you can find on the web, the colors have been amplified to the point where they look unnatural.

https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/

I know that. I'm using the Earth photo on 21 Dec 2016. It was noon at GMT.

Natural colored Earth is the best Earth! RSS need to recolor their textures!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Felsmak You should check out the mod Kerbol Starsystem! It's a mod that adds multiple (beautiful) star systems and also changes the stock Kerbol System!

Not only that, but 4 of the outer planets are called Jool, Voon, Oran, and Naal.

Edited by Greatness101

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.