Nertea

[1.2.2] Mark IV Spaceplane System - minor bugfix update (March 10 2017)

1444 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Ok, seriously? This kind of crap ruins my morning. 

I am going to save this page as a glorious example of the failure of our education systems to produce people with basic thinking and reading comprehension skills. There are three instances of this question on the same page. 

This isn't that hard. Scroll up. Look around. Read a page back even. I don't understand how it's more difficult to do a wee bit of research rather than bothering me and waiting for an answer THAT I JUST POSTED. 

I've fixed your Gallery. :wink: 

lJQWq2A.png

Edited by Beale
12 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, with or without RPM this is a great mod. Thanks @ nertea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My current career is currently based entirely around Mark IV launch vehicles (which is to say, if it takes off from the KSC, it lands at the KSC minus it's payload and fuel. Technically any space plane would do but time is more valuable than fuel so big is beautiful), I posted a picture of my first such earlier, but I've since iterated:
 

It's capable of lofting a significant tonnage to orbit, my most recent mission has been to take 32,000 material kits to a low orbit space station (that I might find a loophole in my self-imposed limit) with about 1000dV left over. However here is what happened when I tried for 56,000 of the same:
 

Which is not a complaint. This is to be expected of designing flimsy, load bearing joints even if they are aesthetically pleasing. Slowly falling apart on the runway without any explosions was just a comical means of failure. I've probably been pushing the bounds of credulity as it is.

Edited by Sassenach
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sassenach said:

My current career is currently based entirely around Mark IV launch vehicles (which is to say, if it takes off from the KSC, it lands at the KSC minus it's payload and fuel. Technically any space plane would do but time is more valuable than fuel so big is beautiful), I posted a picture of my first such earlier, but I've since iterated:
 

It's capable of lofting a significant tonnage to orbit, my most recent mission has been to take 32,000 material kits to a low orbit space station (that I might find a loophole in my self-imposed limit) with about 1000dV left over. However here is what happened when I tried for 56,000 of the same:
 

Which is not a complaint. This is to be expected of designing flimsy, load bearing joints even if they are aesthetically pleasing. Slowly falling apart on the runway without any explosions was just a comical means of failure. I've probably been pushing the bounds of credulity as it is.

Apparently you need some Autostrut and KJR love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

How is the IntakeAtm supposed to work? With the small and medium fans (switched to electric mode), I instantly get a flameout ("IntakeAtm deprived"), only the large one actually works. The part info (right-click on the part in the sidebar in the SPH) says Intake Atm 1/1 for the large fan, and 0/0 for the other two.

The .cfg files look like the values and behaviour should be the same as far as I can tell (ModuleResourceIntake for IntakeAtm is the same for all three, except for the ten times larger area and intakeSpeed of the small one, and Resource IntakeAtm is the same 0.2/0.4/0.8 scaling as Recource intakeAir for all three).

Any ideas? (I've got far too many other mods installed to search for a conflict and stay sane :confused:, but considering that the large fan works and the other two don't, I would hope it can be resolved 'internally')

Edited by Phelan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Phelan said:

How is the IntakeAtm supposed to work? With the small and medium fans (switched to electric mode), I instantly get a flameout ("IntakeAtm deprived"), only the large one actually works. The part info (right-click on the part in the sidebar in the SPH) says Intake Atm 1/1 for the large fan, and 0/0 for the other two.

The .cfg files look like the values and behaviour should be the same as far as I can tell (ModuleResourceIntake for IntakeAtm is the same for all three, except for the ten times larger area and intakeSpeed of the small one, and Resource IntakeAtm is the same 0.2/0.4/0.8 scaling as Recource intakeAir for all three).

Any ideas? (I've got far too many other mods installed to search for a conflict and stay sane :confused:, but considering that the large fan works and the other two don't, I would hope it can be resolved 'internally')

I haven't seen this issue before, I'll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this get an update for 1.3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Schanez

 

Nertea will get on it when he can. He have many mods to take care of (and some very good stuff is coming btw). You should take a look at forum rules, it is not permitted to ask for update, regardless of how you formulate it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@Schanez

 

Nertea will get on it when he can. He have many mods to take care of (and some very good stuff is coming btw). You should take a look at forum rules, it is not permitted to ask for update, regardless of how you formulate it.

Oh, sorry if it sounded like whining or something the like. I was merely curious if it's still being worked on, aka if the author is still actively supporting the mod and all. I am quite new to the modding of KSP, so I have no clues of when the game updates came out, or which mods are still developed. Only recently did I discover the whole new parts and expanded Science Tree.

PS.

Keep up the good work guys. You make a great game into a glorious one ^.^

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does this mod's fuselages' tank support RealFuel?

 

It took me a hell of a while to write a RF patch...

I probably did repetitive labor?

I'm also not sure about the balancing for the fuel tank volume in that homemade .cfg patch of mine, so it would be great to hear that I spent an hour for something that already exists. :P

 

 

Great work btw, I love these large and chubby pods and cargo bay:kiss:

Edited by cooper5113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To fix crashes on 1.3 I suggest deleting subfolder of parts called engines. Not sure about you, but I have not ever used these engines and without them this mod works just fine for me with 1.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, limofs said:

To fix crashes on 1.3 I suggest deleting subfolder of parts called engines. Not sure about you, but I have not ever used these engines and without them this mod works just fine for me with 1.3

this does fix it.  I believe it fixes it by making KSP not load the Deployable Engines Plugin DLL which isn't rebuilt for 1.3.0 yet.  Perhaps rebuilding that plugin will cause the engines to work.  I do like the all-electric fan engines in this mod, so I may attempt this to get those engines working again...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone attempted a recompile of the plugin?  I might try it, but if anyone already has... does it work?  I really want the electric fan engines back :)  can make a nice VTOL with those, using TCA and a ThF4 reactor from KSPIE :)

On 6/5/2017 at 8:03 AM, cooper5113 said:

Does this mod's fuselages' tank support RealFuel?

 

It took me a hell of a while to write a RF patch...

I probably did repetitive labor?

I'm also not sure about the balancing for the fuel tank volume in that homemade .cfg patch of mine, so it would be great to hear that I spent an hour for something that already exists. :P

 

 

Great work btw, I love these large and chubby pods and cargo bay:kiss:

ConfigurableContainers will allow fuel replacement in these parts, but sadly CC conflicts with Interstellar Fuel Switch, and IFS is an absolute must-have, so... maybe if we can get a MFT patch, that'd work, since MFT can coexist with IFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/31/2017 at 5:55 PM, RedParadize said:

@Schanez

 

Nertea will get on it when he can. He have many mods to take care of (and some very good stuff is coming btw). You should take a look at forum rules, it is not permitted to ask for update, regardless of how you formulate it.

Just an FYI, they rescinded that rule.  But it's still nice to be polite and to wait for the mod author to finish

Edited by linuxgurugamer
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can look at my git account and see the constant stream of commits in the last few days. I'm working my ass off here, give me some time.

19 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nertea said:

You can look at my git account and see the constant stream of commits in the last few days. I'm working my ass off here, give me some time.

Take as much time as you need.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nertea said:

You can look at my git account and see the constant stream of commits in the last few days. I'm working my ass off here, give me some time.

Not just your GIT account.

I've had your Spacedock page open for a few days and have seen the mass update to your mods.

Thanks for all your great work!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for this is delayed ~2 weeks due to me being away and planning some nice improvements for the propeller engines.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Update for this is delayed ~2 weeks due to me being away and planning some nice improvements for the propeller engines.

No worries. The high-standard of your mods and the amount of fun they add makes the wait worthwhile. Looking forward to it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now