Cities: Skylines

Deadpangod3

You guys are getting me very tempted. I have one question: If I buy it and download it, will I be able to install it on more than one computer, mine and my son's?

You can install the Steam client on your Sons computer as well.

And if you want to stay as legal as possible, you can make an own account for your son and share the game (and other games of your Steam account) with him via family sharing.

I don´t know if you both can play the game at the same time, however

I have some questions about cities skylines.

Is there a demo available?

Are the Paradox forums broken? I'm getting 404 errors.

What is difference between standard and deluxe?

I have some questions about cities skylines.

Is there a demo available?

What is difference between standard and deluxe?

No demo yet. The only difference with Deluxe is a few extra landmark buildings and a soundtrack, not worth it imo.

No demo yet. The only difference with Deluxe is a few extra landmark buildings and a soundtrack, not worth it imo.

Thank you segaprophet.

I've been trying to visit the forums listed on the cities skylines website and I keep getting 404 not found errors. Do you know anything about their official forums?

Thank you segaprophet.

I've been trying to visit the forums listed on the cities skylines website and I keep getting 404 not found errors. Do you know anything about their official forums?

i know they were planning to migrate to a new forum software or something like that, but idk why the 404 errors

3000 to 11000 citizens in another 4 hours. Happy, sad, happy, sad LOL. Stupid education system. Ended up de-zoning 80% of my industrial just to re-zone it 10 minutes later. I feel like 50% of my time is spent constructing roads. On the plus side, by the time I'm done with road construction I have a healthy stack of change sitting around to buy new buildings :)

3000 to 11000 citizens in another 4 hours. Happy, sad, happy, sad LOL. Stupid education system. Ended up de-zoning 80% of my industrial just to re-zone it 10 minutes later. I feel like 50% of my time is spent constructing roads. On the plus side, by the time I'm done with road construction I have a healthy stack of change sitting around to buy new buildings :)

Haha Yeah I spent a good 15 minutes in the highest time warp (or whatever they call it. It'll be time warp for me forever thanks to KSP) working on a highway on/offramp setup and when I was done, hoo-wee I had like a million bucks. Now I didn't start with 0 or anything but still, it was nice to see!

It certainly is worth it. Yes, you only get 5 buildings, two artbooks and the sound track, but the game is dirt cheap to begin with. I view buying the Deluxe edition as a token of appreciation for the good work, allowing future updates and expansions to be more readily available for all the players.

If they charged 60 dollars or euros for the game I would not think about spending more, but since the Deluxe Edition can be had for under 30 euros I would encourage everyone to spend the money they would have otherwise spent anyway. Whatever you pay, you certainly get your money's worth.

In real cities a lot of time and energy is spent designing, building and streamlining road traffic too :)

For what it's worth you guys do know you can pause time right? Click the play/pause icon or hit the spacebar.

IMO the ONLY reason the pause the game EVER is if your cash inflow is currently red.

- - - Updated - - -

My second city at the moment...

http://i.imgur.com/xzmlCAK.jpg

I now want to dam ALL THE THINGS.

IMO the ONLY reason the pause the game EVER is if your cash inflow is currently red.

Like I said, some types of construction are really not appreciated, so in those cases it can be better just to pause.

Wait, so if people are moved in to an area and you build some specific thing, they'll get mad... Unless the game is paused?

No, not really :P Tearing up certain things or breaking transportation routes will. It is almost impossible to build a complete and functioning structure at once.

I see, so if you're moving a park and are going to replace it with a plaza, you can avoid the red frowny faces if you do it with time paused. But does it actually hurt? Do the green smiley faces when the new plaza are placed counteract any frowns from the park vanishing?

I see, so if you're moving a park and are going to replace it with a plaza, you can avoid the red frowny faces if you do it with time paused. But does it actually hurt? Do the green smiley faces when the new plaza are placed counteract any frowns from the park vanishing?

The frowny faces are not really an issue, but especially roads or other resources that are gone for some or even any time can cause a ripple effect. Fiddling with the wrong highway connection can really tank certain areas or demands. The same goes for zoning or changing road directions.

Edited by Camacha

Nice RocketPilot! I see you've gone down the land reclamation route, seems to be one of the game's more popular tricks. Of course some maps make it easier than others.

And here's the state of my sprawl,

16809311749_99855f18b5_o.jpg

To think that I need to about double it to unlock monuments...

Nice RocketPilot! I see you've gone down the land reclamation route, seems to be one of the game's more popular tricks. Of course some maps make it easier than others.

And here's the state of my sprawl,

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8685/16809311749_99855f18b5_o.jpg

To think that I need to about double it to unlock monuments...

Ooh purty! I need to make more time for this game, been so busy lately.

Paradox have moved their forums to a new board system.

Therefore, links to forums threads on the old Paradox forum won´t work anymore.

You´ll now find the Cities: Skylines forum here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/cities-skylines.859/

Edited by Godot

Lucky...

I foolishly bought it, not thinking about specs. My Thinkpad SL510 can't handle it, so now I'm £22 out of pocket and can't even play the goddamn thing! Can anyone recommend a *cheap* graphics card to run Cities with?

Looks glorious for other people though.

Hard to recommend a card when we don't know what it's going into.

On a side note, I played last night again for about 4 hours. Went from 11k pop to just under 30k. Time flies by so fast it's unbelievable. Everyone is happy though and I've got 2 Million in the bank.

I foolishly bought it, not thinking about specs. My Thinkpad SL510 can't handle it, so now I'm £22 out of pocket and can't even play the goddamn thing! Can anyone recommend a *cheap* graphics card to run Cities with?

That's a laptop. Forget about cheap upgrading, and most likely upgrading at all.

That's a laptop. Forget about cheap upgrading, and most likely upgrading at all.

Thanks!! On the phone now with my dad about splitting the fee for a desktop. Any recommendations for ~£300?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.