MarkusA380

[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

Recommended Posts

@MarkusA380

In this case CKAN pulls the mod from Spacedock. However, I just downloaded both links in the OP from Spacedock and Curse and both downloads have different DLLs in it. Different date and different binary compare.

So I _assume_ one is the correct version and one not.

EDIT: OK, got that now. CKAN has 1.8.2 from Spacedock, but the Curse link in the OP points to Curse version 1.8.1...

@Caelus5

Can yous ay which version you took at the last (working) try?

Edited by Jebs_SY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Downloaded this awesome mod yesterday and tested it out. Everything worked great, but when I launched the game today and went to my craft it basically sends me flying at 96,4 Tm/s (about 320 times the speed of light). When i launched a ship at the launchpad nothing happened to it so it only seems to affect already launched vessels. I do have a lot of mods installed with CKAN (about 120 mods) so maybe something there is causing it. Also I know that it is this mod that causes the bug since nothing happened when it was uninstalled however as soon as I installed it again my ship was sent flying.

If anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful because I really want to use this awesome mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need help.    How do i remove the persistent rotation menu from my screen.      Its kinda annoying i cant get rid of it and ive now got two of them.    I just want the mod to run dont need the on screen pop up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2017 at 10:50 PM, NemesisBosseret said:

Need help.    How do i remove the persistent rotation menu from my screen.      Its kinda annoying i cant get rid of it and ive now got two of them.    I just want the mod to run dont need the on screen pop up

You can click the gear on the top left in the menu, and then under "GUI Visibility Mode" select "Stock Toolbar". After that, you should see a blue button of a square surrounded by two arrows appear on the right of your screen. If you click this, the menu will disappear and reappear when you click it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there I was wondering if I could get some help please.

 

I am using remotetech 1.8.6 DEV VERSION and this mod does not seem to work I set a target but remotetech never seems to get a signal I played around with it for a while but no settings worked :(

 

Yeah this sucks no matter what I do it wont work :(

 

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Filter Extensions - 2.8.1.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.18
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.5
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.11
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.4
BDArmory - 0.11.1.6
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.6.1
CactEye Telescopes - 1.2.2.11
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.5
Connected Living Space - 1.2.4.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.11.1
EvaFuel - 1.4.2
EVA Struts - 1.0.3
EVA Transfer - 1.0.6
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.7.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.16
Firespitter - 7.5.1
Flexible Docking - 1.0.4
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
Hangar - 3.3.1
Haystack Continued - 0.5.2.1
HeatControl - 0.3.5
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.6
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.4.6
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.13
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.1.5
Feline Utility Rover - 0.4.1
KeridianDynamics Vessel Assembly - 0.8.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.3
MKS Patches for KPBS - 0.9.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.9.4.15
XT Landertron - 0.15
Infernal Robots - 2.0.10
Infernal Robotics Sequencer - 1.0
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.6
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.4
NSS-OctoSat - 0.1.6
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
PartCommanderContinued - 0.1.1.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.2.5
Procedural Parts - 1.2.8
QuizTechAeroPackContinued - 1.3.8
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RemoteTech - 1.8.6
AmpYear - 1.4.6
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.3
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.0.1.2
SCANsat - 1.1.7.5
SmartParts - 1.9.4
SXTContinued - 0.3.8
TacSelfDestructContinued - 1.6.2
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.8
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.6.1
TextureReplacer - 2.5
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.4.1
TAC Life Support - 0.12.9
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
TweakableEverything - 0.1.19
TweakScale - 2.3.4
USI Core - 0.3.10
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.9
USI Exploration Pack - 0.7.4
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.8
Karbonite - 0.8.8
Konstruction - 0.1.12
Malemute Rover - 0.2.8
MKS - 0.50.18
NuclearRockets - 0.3.9
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.9
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.5.5
EVAParachutesAndEjectionSeats - 0.1.12
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.4
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.12.13
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
WildBlueTools - 1.14
Buffalo - 1.2.3
Kerbal Komets - 0.3.5
Pathfinder - 1.7.5
OSE Workshop - 1.0.8

 

Edited by stk2008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I may be wrong but

 

I have placed a mechjeb controller ontop of the ship and not its side which seems to be throwing out the direction its meant to be facing.

I have to KILL remotetch computer though other wise it just spins out of control.

 

No i dea whats going on LOL DOH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-26 at 5:53 PM, MarkoDeMarko said:

Hi,

Downloaded this awesome mod yesterday and tested it out. Everything worked great, but when I launched the game today and went to my craft it basically sends me flying at 96,4 Tm/s (about 320 times the speed of light). When i launched a ship at the launchpad nothing happened to it so it only seems to affect already launched vessels. I do have a lot of mods installed with CKAN (about 120 mods) so maybe something there is causing it. Also I know that it is this mod that causes the bug since nothing happened when it was uninstalled however as soon as I installed it again my ship was sent flying.

If anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful because I really want to use this awesome mod.

Yeah, I faced this issue as well. Definitely this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

recently stopped working at all for me. have tried reinstalling, to no avail. timewarp just stops a ship in its tracks, as in stock.

found a few things in the .log:

[EXC 13:37:36.187] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	(wrapper dynamic-method) PersistentRotation.Reflection. (object) <0x0000b>
      
[EXC 13:37:36.374] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	(wrapper dynamic-method) PersistentRotation.Reflection. (object) <0x0000b>
	PersistentRotation.MechJebWrapper.Active (Vessel) <0x00187>
	PersistentRotation.Main.GetStabilityMode (Vessel) <0x000a6>
	PersistentRotation.Main.FixedUpdate () <0x0064d>
      
    
     

the last one is repeated over and over.

(i have mechjeb with most autopilots disabled, if that helps at all.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.4.2017 at 8:13 PM, New Horizons said:

Is there a way to minimize the window completely?

Yes, go to settings and select which toolbar to use.

On 18.4.2017 at 8:45 PM, toric5 said:

recently stopped working at all for me. have tried reinstalling, to no avail. timewarp just stops a ship in its tracks, as in stock.

found a few things in the .log:


[EXC 13:37:36.187] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	(wrapper dynamic-method) PersistentRotation.Reflection. (object) <0x0000b>
      
[EXC 13:37:36.374] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	(wrapper dynamic-method) PersistentRotation.Reflection. (object) <0x0000b>
	PersistentRotation.MechJebWrapper.Active (Vessel) <0x00187>
	PersistentRotation.Main.GetStabilityMode (Vessel) <0x000a6>
	PersistentRotation.Main.FixedUpdate () <0x0064d>
      
    
     

the last one is repeated over and over.

(i have mechjeb with most autopilots disabled, if that helps at all.)

Looks like the incorrect MechJeb version installed, please post the versions of the game, PR and MJ.

 

On 22.3.2017 at 7:36 PM, stk2008 said:

Hi there I was wondering if I could get some help please.

 

I am using remotetech 1.8.6 DEV VERSION and this mod does not seem to work I set a target but remotetech never seems to get a signal I played around with it for a while but no settings worked :(

 

Yeah this sucks no matter what I do it wont work :(

 

  Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Filter Extensions - 2.8.1.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.18
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.5
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.11
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.4
BDArmory - 0.11.1.6
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.6.1
CactEye Telescopes - 1.2.2.11
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.5
Connected Living Space - 1.2.4.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.11.1
EvaFuel - 1.4.2
EVA Struts - 1.0.3
EVA Transfer - 1.0.6
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.7.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.16
Firespitter - 7.5.1
Flexible Docking - 1.0.4
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
Hangar - 3.3.1
Haystack Continued - 0.5.2.1
HeatControl - 0.3.5
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.6
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.4.6
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.13
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.1.5
Feline Utility Rover - 0.4.1
KeridianDynamics Vessel Assembly - 0.8.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.3
MKS Patches for KPBS - 0.9.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.9.4.15
XT Landertron - 0.15
Infernal Robots - 2.0.10
Infernal Robotics Sequencer - 1.0
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.6
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.4
NSS-OctoSat - 0.1.6
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
PartCommanderContinued - 0.1.1.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.2.5
Procedural Parts - 1.2.8
QuizTechAeroPackContinued - 1.3.8
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RemoteTech - 1.8.6
AmpYear - 1.4.6
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.3
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.0.1.2
SCANsat - 1.1.7.5
SmartParts - 1.9.4
SXTContinued - 0.3.8
TacSelfDestructContinued - 1.6.2
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.8
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.6.1
TextureReplacer - 2.5
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.4.1
TAC Life Support - 0.12.9
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
TweakableEverything - 0.1.19
TweakScale - 2.3.4
USI Core - 0.3.10
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.9
USI Exploration Pack - 0.7.4
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.8
Karbonite - 0.8.8
Konstruction - 0.1.12
Malemute Rover - 0.2.8
MKS - 0.50.18
NuclearRockets - 0.3.9
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.9
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.5.5
EVAParachutesAndEjectionSeats - 0.1.12
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.4
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.12.13
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
WildBlueTools - 1.14
Buffalo - 1.2.3
Kerbal Komets - 0.3.5
Pathfinder - 1.7.5
OSE Workshop - 1.0.8

 

Will check this, not sure about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.2.2017 at 5:53 PM, MarkoDeMarko said:

Hi,

Downloaded this awesome mod yesterday and tested it out. Everything worked great, but when I launched the game today and went to my craft it basically sends me flying at 96,4 Tm/s (about 320 times the speed of light). When i launched a ship at the launchpad nothing happened to it so it only seems to affect already launched vessels. I do have a lot of mods installed with CKAN (about 120 mods) so maybe something there is causing it. Also I know that it is this mod that causes the bug since nothing happened when it was uninstalled however as soon as I installed it again my ship was sent flying.

If anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful because I really want to use this awesome mod.

Please do a short test with the minimum required mods for the specific craft plus PersistentRotation, tell me if the problem persists.

If it persists: Send me the list of mods you are testing with.

If it doesn't persist: Send me the list of mods you usually have installed minus the mods you are testing with.

Also an error log, if existing, would help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Please do a short test with the minimum required mods for the specific craft plus PersistentRotation, tell me if the problem persists.

If it persists: Send me the list of mods you are testing with.

If it doesn't persist: Send me the list of mods you usually have installed minus the mods you are testing with.

Also an error log, if existing, would help a lot.

seems to be mechjeb causing it... uninstalled it, and it only, and it works flawlessly. i have most module blacklisted, if that would make a difference. ill get on the error log.

 

here you go. it seems to set it to an arbitrary rotation whitch may or may not be 0 when you go into warp. the rotation it sets it at changes on scene changes, i think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcdtsmldqfgqbnx/KSP.zip?dl=0

Edited by toric5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. When I use Rotation-Mode relative to a body i orbit around and use physics timewarp, the ship needs electric charge, but when i use standard warp it doesn`t.

Edited by Smarti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Smarti said:

Hi. When I use Rotation-Mode relative to a body i orbit around and use physics timewarp, the ship needs electric charge, but when i use standard warp it doesn`t.

Yes, this is still normal behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.4.2017 at 2:57 AM, toric5 said:

seems to be mechjeb causing it... uninstalled it, and it only, and it works flawlessly. i have most module blacklisted, if that would make a difference. ill get on the error log.

 

here you go. it seems to set it to an arbitrary rotation whitch may or may not be 0 when you go into warp. the rotation it sets it at changes on scene changes, i think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcdtsmldqfgqbnx/KSP.zip?dl=0

Blacklisted Module?

I didn't even know this is possible, so it is very likeley to cause inconsistent behaviour, because my mod tries to access the modules if MechJeb is installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Blacklisted Module?

I didn't even know this is possible, so it is very likeley to cause inconsistent behaviour, because my mod tries to access the modules if MechJeb is installed.

does it try to access any of these modules?

//highly optional. removes most of mechjebs functionallity, making it a simpler, and IMO a mutch less 'cheaty' program.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MechJebCore]]NEEDS:[MechJeb2]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
        %blacklist = MechJebModuleDockingGuidance MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner MechJebModuleAscentPathEditor MechJebModuleAscentGuidance MechJebModuleWarpHelper
    }
}

(as you can see, the blacklist only applies to parts, if that changes anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.5.2017 at 11:08 PM, toric5 said:

does it try to access any of these modules?


//highly optional. removes most of mechjebs functionallity, making it a simpler, and IMO a mutch less 'cheaty' program.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MechJebCore]]NEEDS:[MechJeb2]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
        %blacklist = MechJebModuleDockingGuidance MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner MechJebModuleAscentPathEditor MechJebModuleAscentGuidance MechJebModuleWarpHelper
    }
}

(as you can see, the blacklist only applies to parts, if that changes anything.

Yes, checks all of them and tests if they are activated or not. But doesn't handle disabled modules. It only checks if MJ is installed at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, MarkusA380 said:

Yes, checks all of them and tests if they are activated or not. But doesn't handle disabled modules. It only checks if MJ is installed at all.

for now, im not using MJ. ill try using mj without the blacklist when i get back to my gaming pc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are all these old .cfg files regarding savegames every been deleted automatically or is this a manual job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, MarkusA380 said:

Yes, checks all of them and tests if they are activated or not. But doesn't handle disabled modules. It only checks if MJ is installed at all.

ok. the blacklist feature screws with persistent rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed something. I have an asteroid that is actually passing through Kerbin's atmosphere at only 16.980km (pretty cool!) but although that's the Pe it says it has in the Tracking Station when I load into the flight scene and PR loads the Pe drops to 16.277km. When I remove PR, the Pe only drops to 16.979. This is consistent if I reload to before I visit the asteroid in both cases. With PR installed the Pe always drops to 16.277km whereas with PR uninstalled the Pe always drops minimally to just 16.979km. I deleted all the config files except the default one in the Plugin Data folder, but the problem still remained. Is anyone able to drop a vessel into an atmopsheric Pe and recreate?

Update: Hrm, this is really strange and may be a stock issue? I have a full report over here:

 

Edited by Drew Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I got 2 questions:

1. The Issuetracker says its incompatible with mechjeb2, is that true? Can anybody confirm that?

2. Is it a big performance hit?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maculator said:

Hi I got 2 questions:

1. The Issuetracker says its incompatible with mechjeb2, is that true? Can anybody confirm that?

2. Is it a big performance hit?

thanks

1. No

2. See answer 1.

Hope this helps. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does. Thank you. I'm just utterly carefull with adding mods to my precious "This time I wont mod it till it breaks" - career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maculator said:

Yes it does. Thank you. I'm just utterly carefull with adding mods to my precious "This time I wont mod it till it breaks" - career.

 

You may want to wait till tomorrow, I will push a new version with lots of bugs fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.