[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

@KocLobster - Thanks for the feedback. FAQ updated to show that you have to do it in-flight.

In an ideal world I'd drop that parameter, because it always confuses people.

Unfortunately the end result would be that you'd get maintenance missions for craft that don't make sense (A well crewed interplanetary ship for instance) - at least this way, if the player has set it to Station, they probably want Station missions for it.

I could fix it, but it would mean a substantial re-write, and I'm not inclined to do that any time soon.

Edited by severedsolo

14 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Um, version issues? this was recorded Just now, latest KSP version:

Two possibilities:

1) You are using 3.2.0 (upgrade to 3.2.1)
2) You didn't do a clean install of 3.2.1 (just delete the KerbinSpaceStation.version file. I packaged two version files by mistake)

12 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Two possibilities:

1) You are using 3.2.0 (upgrade to 3.2.1)
2) You didn't do a clean install of 3.2.1 (just delete the KerbinSpaceStation.version file. I packaged two version files by mistake)

This was a clean install of KSP 1.1, just updated. I did install 3.2, and started the game, I got the notification that 3.2.1 was available, so shut off game, deleted the folder this contract pack, downloaded 3.2.1 added it and restarted. Got the notification that I was using 3.1.4, shut game off, re-downloaded again to be sure I hadn't clicked the wrong link by mistake, deleted the contract pack folder again and re-installed. got the error again.

Will try once more just to be absolutely sure.

EDIT: Okay, I stand corrected. I must have somehow missed something in my second delete of the contract pack folder. Cleaned it out again, and did not get the error. My mistake, sorry to bother you. Thought I had been thorough. :( 

Edited by vardicd

@vardicd

Use this one: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/3.2.1

I forgot to sync before I released, so 3.2 is at the top of the list (just to confuse everyone). 3.2.1 is tagged with "latest release" though. Make sure you delete everything. (I am 100% sure it's working. I have the latest through CKAN and it's fine, and I use the same release as everyone else, I also checked the zip.)

Just now, severedsolo said:

@vardicd

Use this one: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/3.2.1

I forgot to sync before I released, so 3.2 is at the top of the list (just to confuse everyone). 3.2.1 is tagged with "latest release" though. Make sure you delete everything. (I am 100% sure it's working. I have the latest through CKAN and it's fine, and I use the same release as everyone else, I also checked the zip.)

Yeah I just edited my post above, I somehow made a mistake, thought I was in the clear on personal error, and I wasn't. My bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Bases and Stations 3.2.1.1 Released!

• Version file update - 1.1.1 compatible.
  • Updated bundled Module Manager to 2.6.22 (I assume this is still 1.1.1 compatible)
  • Updated bundled MiniAVC to 1.0.3.2 (as above)

Note: Mod is still 1.0.5 compatible, but obviously don't use bundled DLLs as they are for 1.1

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎29 at 2:26 PM, severedsolo said:

Bases and Stations 3.2.1.1 Released!

• Version file update - 1.1.1 compatible.
  • Updated bundled Module Manager to 2.6.22 (I assume this is still 1.1.1 compatible)
  • Updated bundled MiniAVC to 1.0.3.2 (as above)

Note: Mod is still 1.0.5 compatible, but obviously don't use bundled DLLs as they are for 1.1

Been waiting for this, thanks man!  I gleefully wait for CKAN to reflect the release!

7 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Been waiting for this, thanks man!  I gleefully wait for CKAN to reflect the release!

It's actually out of date now, as 1.1.2 is out, but I'll fix CKAN tomorrow. Wanna get the stuff I'm working on for CleverSats out first.

Just now, severedsolo said:

It's actually out of date now, as 1.1.2 is out, but I'll fix CKAN tomorrow. Wanna get the stuff I'm working on for CleverSats out first.

My glee will remain unabated, even if frustrated by a further day!  (Seriously, take yer time man, but thx for the speedy reply.)

19 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

My glee will remain unabated, even if frustrated by a further day!  (Seriously, take yer time man, but thx for the speedy reply.)

Should be fixed. Give it an hour for CKAN to catch up.

I really like this mod, I launched the kerbin space station but there are only contracts with send a crew or rotate them, no things like expansion and maintenance, when do I get a contract like that? Also when do I get a contract for making a surface outpost? im waiting for one so I can start my moon base. Thanks!

12 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

I really like this mod, I launched the kerbin space station but there are only contracts with send a crew or rotate them, no things like expansion and maintenance, when do I get a contract like that? Also when do I get a contract for making a surface outpost? im waiting for one so I can start my moon base. Thanks!

The contracts are generated randomly, the maintenance missions (repair and such) should be able to generate too if you are seeing crew rotation missions. RIght now there aren't really any expansion missions beyond "add a new power module", but always open to suggestions.

Re Bases: you should start to get the quest chain once you either have the M700 unlocked, or if you are using ScanSAT the SAR scanner.

• 2 weeks later...

I started the chain to build a base on Minmus, scanned the planet, landed a ship at a suitable site and renamed it to a rover, then I did something stupid.

I renamed that ship back to a lander because that's what it is.  When the contract to build the base came up it nearly immediately failed after I accepted it.  Will it start the chain back over now, or have I missed my chance to get that contract?

3 hours ago, tito13kfm said:

I renamed that ship back to a lander because that's what it is.  When the contract to build the base came up it nearly immediately failed after I accepted it.

It actually failed? It shouldn't do that. The Create mission doesn't care whether it's a rover, that's just a failsafe to make sure that some random lander doesn't become the base site.

Did the lander still exist when the Create mission generated (ie you hadn't docked or done anything else that might change the vessel ID?)

Also stupid question: was the lander actually landed?

Can you provide logs and a save please.

3 hours ago, tito13kfm said:

Will it start the chain back over now, or have I missed my chance to get that contract?

You'll need to provide your save before I can answer that question. As I said, what you've described should not have happened, and there are half a dozen logic checks in those contracts, which may/may not be where they are supposed to be.

Edited by severedsolo

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

It actually failed? It shouldn't do that. The Create mission doesn't care whether it's a rover, that's just a failsafe to make sure that some random lander doesn't become the base site.

Did the lander still exist when the Create mission generated (ie you hadn't docked or done anything else that might change the vessel ID?)

Also stupid question: was the lander actually landed?

Can you provide logs and a save please.

You'll need to provide your save before I can answer that question. As I said, what you've described should not have happened, and there are half a dozen logic checks in those contracts, which may/may not be where they are supposed to be.

Yeah, the vessel still exists, hadn't docked or done anything except changing from a rover to a lander.  It was completely landed and did not move even an inch, it was in one of the flats of Minmus.

Unfortunately I don't have a log file from when it occured and my save file is quite a bit past that point right now.  I also deleted the failed contract using alt+f12 menu so I'm not sure how useful it would be (Sorry, I was being hasty and thought that might somehow re-offer it)

I'll still upload it, but like I said it's probably not entirely useful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rWPLUyOK1VU2JnaktlYV9IWms

@tito13kfm Thank you.

OK as I suspected, the BaseConstruction flag has been turned off, but BaseRover still exists. This means you won't see the base chain for Minmus again while your vessel is in Minmus' SOI.

So, the easiest way to resolve this is to open up your save, find this line and change the "False" to "True" (no quotes - not sure if capitalisation matters). That should make the create mission re-spawn. (please provide logs if the error happens again)

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PersistentDataStore
        scene = 7, 8, 5
        DATA
        {
            TouristCount = Double:10
            TouristLowOrbitCount = Double:1
            TouristMoonsCount = Double:5
            TouristStationCount = Double:4
            BaseConstruction = Boolean:False
        }
    }

Edited by severedsolo

21 hours ago, severedsolo said:

@tito13kfm Thank you.

OK as I suspected, the BaseConstruction flag has been turned off, but BaseRover still exists. This means you won't see the base chain for Minmus again while your vessel is in Minmus' SOI.

So, the easiest way to resolve this is to open up your save, find this line and change the "False" to "True" (no quotes - not sure if capitalisation matters). That should make the create mission re-spawn. (please provide logs if the error happens again)

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PersistentDataStore
        scene = 7, 8, 5
        DATA
        {
            TouristCount = Double:10
            TouristLowOrbitCount = Double:1
            TouristMoonsCount = Double:5
            TouristStationCount = Double:4
            BaseConstruction = Boolean:False
        }
    }

Thank you so much!

Can you tell me what these contracts are called in the alt-F12 contract 'add' menu? I'm pretty deep into the tech tree (550 science level) and I've not seen a single mission to launch a space station, which seems suspicious.

Here's a few screenshots of my alt-F10 menu:

http://imgur.com/a/m5wO9

I apologize but I couldn't figure out where any of this stuff gets dumped to a log file; I installed the contractconfigurator cfg posted a few pages back in the thread but I don't see anything in output_log. Most of the errors seem to be because I don't have stationscience installed, and I couldn't quite parse why it's failing to load the contracts.

Edited by drhay53

@drhay53 - the basic issue is that Module Manager believes you have Station Science installed, so the Station Science specific stuff is being parsed into the contracts. The parts aren't there so CC is refusing to load the contracts (which is why you aren't seeing any).

I just did a quick check on my testbed install, and the MM stuff seems to be working properly at my end without StationScience installed.

Did you have Station Science installed at some point? Do you still have the folder in your GameData folder (even if it's empty - CKAN is terrible for this). Have you cleared your module manager cache? Is MM up to date?

Edited by severedsolo

@severedsolo I did have station science installed a long time ago. I came back after several months off when 1.1.2 came out and had a blurry couple of days where I was trying to get everything updated. I think at some point during that process, I decided to uninstall StationScience, and actually, at one point I'm almost positive I deleted everything in the entire GameData directory, including the squad folder, and did a steam "verify local files" thing. There is definitely no StationScience folder in my GameData.

It looks like there's a StationScience.cfg in ContractConfigurator though, and a StationScience.dll in AutomatedScienceSampler. There's also a StationScience.cfg in GPOSpeedFuelPump. I'll see what's safe to delete and try testing after that (want to make sure the dll isn't part of the actual mod that's required).

@severedsolo deleting those three StationScience files compiled by the other mods sorted it out. I verified the alt-F10 screen is all green and spam clicked the add contract button until I saw a "launch the <body> station" contract

@drhay53 - it's the StationScience.dll that caused the problem - Module Manager takes any dll as being the dll for a mod.  So I'd report that against AutomatedScienceSampler - they need to change the name of that dll so it doesn't cause issues when StationScience isn't installed.

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

@drhay53 - it's the StationScience.dll that caused the problem - Module Manager takes any dll as being the dll for a mod.  So I'd report that against AutomatedScienceSampler - they need to change the name of that dll so it doesn't cause issues when StationScience isn't installed.

Ok, will do. Thanks.