Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

No, we better not overload… I'll really spill my drink then!

And I'm sorry, but I really can't see how the lack of clamshelling fairings is a big deal. Maybe Werner is on to something, maybe the potato chip fairings are actually a much better way of doing things.

Does it really really really matter???

This. We've seen from the videos that they decouple REALLY fast. It took slowing down, pausing, and CSI photo-enhancing just to see the confetti fairings. Does it really matter that much?

GusTurbo I know you're disappointed, you do realize you could just make it 2 very long fairing pieces to not have confetti fairings... Plus, the devs worked long and hard on this.

Actually you can't. You can only to up about 5 meters or so before you have to click to drop a vertex and make a new panel.

But still, this seems like a lot of fuss over something that doesn't matter.

Hype at everything, except the fact that we are so constrained by the lack of choice with fairings. They have to come apart like confetti, and only in two halves.

There could be a mod for that. Since the fairings are non persistent they wouldn't affect stock ship sharing or anything and would be player choice.

It's funny seeing how two streamers out of two have huge issues with the new interstages. Public service announcement: stage the engines with the throttle down, or else face the consequences.

Rune. MajorJim will love them, tough.

There could be a mod for that. Since the fairings are non persistent they wouldn't affect stock ship sharing or anything and would be player choice.

This is my only hope.

The reason I'm so worked up about this is because the fairings are so limited in what you can do with them. One thing you cannot do is properly recreate the Saturn V fairings. The thing I enjoy most about this game is building, and to have a feature as promising for aesthetics as fairings be so limited is just a big let-down. If you look at my post history, I'm not the type of person to be constantly getting down on Squad. I really just can't understand.

It's funny seeing how two streamers out of two have huge issues with the new interstages. Public service announcement: stage the engines with the throttle down, or else face the consequences.

That was bizarre. The engine fairing stayed attached to the engine after decoupling, which is a big change.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we better not overload… I'll really spill my drink then!

And I'm sorry, but I really can't see how the lack of clamshelling fairings is a big deal. Maybe Werner is on to something, maybe the potato chip fairings are actually a much better way of doing things.

Does it really really really matter???

It matters because I like building stock replicas.

Rune. MajorJim will love them, tough.

Don't the current interstage decouplers have the same problem? Not as explosive probably, but still.

Just a thing GusTurbo, have you not seen this yet?

Felipe (HarvesteR): This week has been mostly focused on the new fairings, the procedural mesh generation is already up and running, and you can already place them in the editor and sculpt the fairing as you wish. The enclosure is subdivided into panels, which can break off individually or in groups, which means we can have full control over how the fairing will come apart once it’s jettisoned.

Unless someone else has said otherwise, it seems we don't have to have confetti fairings.

Hype at everything, except the fact that we are so constrained by the lack of choice with fairings. They have to come apart like confetti, and only in two halves.

You know, when I first saw the new fairings deployment I was disappointed a lot. Because there is already an old mod with procedural fairings that works pretty good and looks nice. But you know, I changed my mind after seeing new fairings in twitch stream. I must say that the fairings is great. And I mean the way they look in the editor. I think the way the fairings come off to show the payload is soooo amazing that I really can forgive the squad this confetti. I know it will be fixed sometimes (maybe even by a mod in a few weeks after release), but the developers worked really hard to make it work nicely. And they worked hard on the new update to make it really worth the "1.0" in the bottom-right corner. And we all should respect it. After all seen features (and I've seen not all of them because there are too much to show in a few hours) I really can forgive all the small not-so-catastrophic stuff.

Don't the current interstage decouplers have the same problem? Not as explosive probably, but still.

No, they don't. I have in hundreds (if not thousands) of launches both performed myself and seen in others' videos had engines explode and parts of the ship come apart due solely to decoupling and igniting in the same stage. Then I saw 2 in a row, today, in the 1.0 streams.

Unless someone else has said otherwise, it seems we don't have to have confetti fairings.

I have seen otherwise, in multiple videos. You simply do NOT have the option to make them into clamshells.

No, they don't. I have in hundreds (if not thousands) of launches both performed myself and seen in others' videos had engines explode and parts of the ship come apart due solely to decoupling and igniting in the same stage. Then I saw 2 in a row, today, in the 1.0 streams.

I have seen otherwise, in multiple videos. You simply do NOT have the option to make them into clamshells.

I agree. No confirmation regarding player control of fairing separation.

I'm disappointed.

Well, just because you haven't seen it yet, even in multiple videos, doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. And did any dev, YouTuber, etc. actually say out loud "fairings will only come apart in a confetti-like fashion?"

Rats. I had high hopes for Kofeyh being on the ball and going through stuff in a rapid fashion (he was the only one I recognized for today), but he apparently ended up moving and having a week of downtime. I'll check back in on the streams tomorrow. If I want to watch someone flail around in the new version, I can watch myself do that in 2 days.

Rats. I had high hopes for Kofeyh being on the ball and going through stuff in a rapid fashion (he was the only one I recognized for today), but he apparently ended up moving and having a week of downtime. I'll check back in on the streams tomorrow. If I want to watch someone flail around in the new version, I can watch myself do that in 2 days.

Uh, he's streaming right now.....