whats the newest and best mods?

noobsrtoast

hey guys, I haven't played in a very very very long time, my computers been broken for over 6 and a half months now, I finally got it fixed yesterday, now all my favorite mods are out of date and I need ones that are up to date or supported with the current version of ksp, so im asking you guys what are some good mods?, to give you an idea of what kind I like ill list my favorite type of mods

any mods that can add planets (or star systems if that's possible)

any mods that add a large degree of realism to the game, i.e more realistic atmosphere dynamics like, and more realistic packs for example I had one really cool one that did an animation and made a sound for every time you broke the sound barrier in the atmosphere, and it would cut the sound off when you did or when you left the atmosphere, I also like mods that add more interactions with mission control\tower control

any mods that add new aircraft and rocket parts (kw rocketry and b9 aerospace are obvious ones, but I would love to know about more)

any mods that add resource gathering to the game, similar to what kethane did

any mods that allow kerbals to do more things than just walk around on planets

any mods that can add more activity on kerbins surface, one that added other civilian air traffic would be super cool if that's possible

a stable multiplayer mod

any mods that add more parts for rovers or probes or anything else really

any mods that add more functionality to spacecraft, i.e more interaction with different parts

if you think of any I might want outside these categories please say so, I will be checking everyone's replies and trying out all the different mods, if you made a mod or discovered a mod that has gone under the radar, tell me about it!! I would love to try it

edit: please fill this thread up, your recommendations would be very much appreciated

Edited by noobsrtoast

Because lots of mods are kind of a pain to track down and install, you can always use CKAN to install things for you, it makes modded installs slightly easier.

Also, I believe DMP is your only option for multiplayer, although I definitely wouldn't call it "stable" or bug free by any means. Give it a try - if it works well enough for you then good, otherwise send me some bug reports :D

Well, for realism the obvious one would be Realism Overhaul, but there's also FAR, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, TAC Life Support, Real Fuels, and Kerbal Construction Time. For rocket parts there's AIES, Tantares, FASA, Near Future (more for advanced engines/power generation), KSO shuttle, US Probes Pack, and a bunch of other recreation parts packs. As for resources, the main mod now is Karbonite, but Kethane is still around. There are also mods such as KAS/KIS and MKS/OKS colonization that allow you to do more on the surface/EVA. And finally, there are also beautification mods such as EVE and Better Atmospheres that add such things as clouds and city lights. But all you need to do to find new mods is to just check the released add-ons section, they're all there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.