[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

a plane's a plane. you land a VTOL plane on that, and we got a carrier/seaplane combo

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Yes.

Edited: I still think it looks more like a carrier than a seaplane.

Landing?  Seaplane?  I never said anything like that.  It was always a carrier.

FrFAmib.png

Seriously, I'll try to get it to be both.

11 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@cobbman11 Clearly the real F-16 has missed the niche of being a supersonic float plane, well done.

http://assets.amuniversal.com/5d2d9c209fd5012f2fe600163e41dd5b

Yes, that's a replica I made and released recently.  I'll work on the other plane, but you can use this one too.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

24 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Experimental Antonov Sea-Plane?

What exactly do you need sea-planes for again?

That... that actually doesn't look half-bas and it looks like a modern version of the spruce goose

howard-hughes-flying-boat.jpg

16 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

Uh, here... 

This is clearly a winner.

This one is also awesome, I'm having a very educational night.

Edited by blackrack

a.) What graphics settings do you guys use? Even with max textures and 8x AA I still get jaggies.

b.) Why the hell is EVE and Scatterer not standard KSP functionality. Once you've played these, you never want to go back to those 1990s graphics.

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

a.) What graphics settings do you guys use? Even with max textures and 8x AA I still get jaggies.

b.) Why the hell is EVE and Scatterer not standard KSP functionality. Once you've played these, you never want to go back to those 1990s graphics.

Maximum, only blackrack's mod which decreases atmospheric banding.

33 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

That's totally cheating. Beautiful, well-modeled cheating. I would never be tempted to install such a cheaterish mod.

Thing is super OP, doesn't even need intake air:

screenshot107.png

Edited by Red Iron Crown

7 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

What geometry is the ocean rendered on? Is it a cube like the sky? That would explain why the projector wouldn't work.

It creates It's own mesh, but I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, lots of black magic happens inside the shader.

10 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

F5 F5 F5

From the looks of it this will take another 15 minutes as my internet is unbelievably slow in upload. Get a drink, clean up your KSP install and chill out while waiting.

Edited:

8 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Ah... so you don't create the mesh?

Well, this bit of code is called to create several meshes https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/blob/ocean/scatterer/Ocean/OceanNode.cs#L239-L287

But I haven't really looked much into or what happens later inside the shader. I cared mostly about getting it running :P

I think the meshes may be all at screen depth while the shader does some trickery later on.

Edited by blackrack