1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Important announcement!

I know that IR is a mature mod with not much things to be added, but if you have any suggestions of what features you want to see in IR please post them below.

So far I have the following list:

1) Make Servo Groups order persistent (so you can reorder the groups how you like and this order will be saved).

2) Add keyboard shortcuts to individual servos, not only ServoGroups

3) Add an option to mute servo sounds

4) Electric charge consumption overhaul

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

Important announcement!

I know that IR is a mature mod with not much things to be added, but if you have any suggestions of what features you want to see in IR please post them below.....

Ziw, I assign servos to action groups all the time. This allows me to control individual servos accross multiple groups. I know you're saying change the IR GUI to allow for servo button assignment not group assignment. But this work great in the meantime. Only downside is sacrificing an action group or two.

Firstly - if this is not the correct thread, I am sorry.  I am looking for any crafts or ideas for creating the Mars Pathfinder?  Can someone point me in the correct direction by chance?

Why do I ask this here?  Well, I suspect that I would need some parts with moving hinges, etc. for the delivery vehicle.

Thanks.

Guys... I really want to use gantries but they seems to be reverted once I launch. They go opposite side.

http://imgur.com/a/kNG4e

I set the startin position of a gantry as 4 at VAB. Then when I launch, it shows as 4 -so far so good- but then when I try to move it, it starts moving other side. I can't make it work. Is this a known bug or something? Is there any workaround?

On 24/12/2015 at 6:18 AM, gamerscircle said:

Firstly - if this is not the correct thread, I am sorry.  I am looking for any crafts or ideas for creating the Mars Pathfinder?  Can someone point me in the correct direction by chance?

Why do I ask this here?  Well, I suspect that I would need some parts with moving hinges, etc. for the delivery vehicle.

Thanks.

My best suggestion would be to watch Das‘ The Martian stream. He did a very good Pathfinder that you could take a fair few ideas from.

13 hours ago, super_nova said:

Guys... I really want to use gantries but they seems to be reverted once I launch. They go opposite side.

http://imgur.com/a/kNG4e

I set the startin position of a gantry as 4 at VAB. Then when I launch, it shows as 4 -so far so good- but then when I try to move it, it starts moving other side. I can't make it work. Is this a known bug or something? Is there any workaround?

Sorry, not really encountered that before. It could be a symmetry issue, so maybe placing the parts individually will resolve it.

On 21/12/2015 at 11:02 AM, Ziw said:

Important announcement!

I know that IR is a mature mod with not much things to be added, but if you have any suggestions of what features you want to see in IR please post them below.

So far I have the following list:

1) Make Servo Groups order persistent (so you can reorder the groups how you like and this order will be saved).

3) Add an option to mute servo sounds

4) Electric charge consumption overhaul

Personally I am not bothered about the muting of the sound. In terms of other features, having group acceleration exposed in-flight would be nice since we can already adjust the speed. Having uncontrolled parts positionable in-editor would be nice. As for other things, will have to give it some thought, been a while since I've just played with the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Talavar said:

Heya, I'm not real familiar with tweakscale, but I use IR like mad.. I was wondering if TS also tweaks the power of the engines and/or node strength?

Yes, all the IR parts will become weaker the smaller you make them using Tweakscale. A great mod I use to build arms is "Kanadarm" Because the arm tubes are physics-less and wobble far less than alternative parts.

8 hours ago, Talavar said:

Heya, I'm not real familiar with tweakscale, but I use IR like mad.. I was wondering if TS also tweaks the power of the engines and/or node strength?

Node strength becomes weaker for sure, but we do not model engine power in IR yet, meaning you can have a tiny servo rotating a massive ship now, unless the joint breaks.

2 hours ago, Ziw said:

Node strength becomes weaker for sure, but we do not model engine power in IR yet, meaning you can have a tiny servo rotating a massive ship now, unless the joint breaks.

Thanks Ziw, guess I didn't answer that part.

so judging by the lack of complaints on the last couple pages of this thread I'm going to assume that I'm the only one for which IR is completely broken and unusable :)  My latest problem.. I have a mk3 spaceplane, and i have a 2.5m Kontainer with a docking port on each end.  I want to lift it up with two stacked Adjustable Rails so that I can then plug one end with a docking port into a space station.

This all works exactly as I wanted it to.  I was pleased.  Then I undock from the docking port on the other end - there's a mated clamp-o-tron (regular one) attached to one of the adjustable rails - basically there's a vertical wall in the cargo bay which has a rail attached, and then there's a rail attached to that rail, and then a docking port attached to that.. then another port flipped around, then the payload.

OK so after decoupling... i do the F5/F9 to get around the undocking-breaks-half-the-mods-in-the-game bug, and I think everything is ok.  I go to retract the rails and they're.. not where they were.they retract down through the bottom of the ship(!) and if i F5/F9 again now they're mounted HIGHER up on the wall and i can't close the docking bay.. this was fine when it launched and worked fine in the SPH and on the ground :) ... worse yet, I take an engineer out and it claims that both of the rails AND the parent docking port attached to the rail, somehow have child objects and therefore cannot be scrapped - pretty sure that's not the case.

Didn't find any exceptions thrown by IR.

1. I am not tweakscaling any of the IR parts, the docking ports, the payload, nor the thing that the rails are attached to.  In fact the only things tweakscaled on this craft are the wings which don't touch anything.

2. None of the IR parts, payload, docking ports are clipping into any other parts at any point (except when things go wrong as described above; they're not designed with clipping, is what I mean to say.

Any known incompatibilities with.. anything?  Seen this before?  Something you'd like me to look for in the logs?

6 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

clamp-o-tron (regular one) attached to one of the adjustable rails

IIRC, (it's been a while, due to another irritating bug) you should never attach docking ports to IR parts, it drives the game nuts.

To quote the OP:

Do not attach docking ports directly (or indirectly) to IR parts. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!

Edited by steve_v

@ss8913, steve_v is right, docking ports do not behave well with IR unfortunately and it is extremely hard to fix.

I have some ideas, but it requires breaking backwards compatibility most likely, so we'll wait until 1.1 

BTW do not expect IR to be available shortly after 1.1 hits, I plan a major overhaul, like IR 2.0 that will most likely break some or most of the existing crafts, but on the bright side it might solve some longstanding issues like this one and bring even better UI.

Just now, ss8913 said:

what if i attached a small structural fuselage or tank to the rail, and then put the docking port on that?  will that work or same problem, even if the port's not *directly* attached to the rail?

It will most likely still be a problem, but you never know for sure until you try. There were some workarounds discussed in this thread about 6 months ago if I recall correctly.

6 hours ago, Ziw said:

It will most likely still be a problem, but you never know for sure until you try. There were some workarounds discussed in this thread about 6 months ago if I recall correctly.

I'll give it a shot.  any other parts/part types I should be wary of?

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I'll give it a shot.  any other parts/part types I should be wary of?

No, but if you have 30 minutes to spare, I recommend you watch this Twitch stream highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/dasvaldez/v/29085765

It shows the one situation I know of where docking ports and IR work well together.

2 hours ago, Asmosdeus said:

Is it possible to make the hinges less bendy, or strut them in some way so my swing-wing aircraft don't just collapse under their own lift?

Do you use Legacy hinges or reworked hinges? If you use just one hinge for the whole huge wing you might need to use some struts ( or ActiveStruts/Quantum struts). Unity's joint strength is limited.

Edited by Ziw

31 minutes ago, Asmosdeus said:

I'm not sure, I use the latest download of this mod.

I'll check out active struts.

Just check out ZodiusInfuser's reworked parts in Addons Development forum

They are amazing and much less wobbly as well

On 17.1.2016 at 3:25 PM, Furious1964 said:

Have the latest version of this mod, but KSP is reporting it as only working for 1.0.2. Is there a fix?

The newest release should work nicely, uninstall all, and add the newest alpha releases... i tinkered around with the sequencer...:

iK6PMg7.png

This beast has a list of over 120 (?) single steps for forward walking only, made some others movements additional, this robot can stand up again after falling on the back, with ISRU, indefinetly powered... i will upload it for others to see how it works:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/130336-robotic-miner-105-1028/&do=findComment&comment=2371126

... runs with 2 large fuelcells for over 30 servos on this craft, around 1.6 m/s:D

Edited by Mikki
pic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.