[1.3] IR Sequencer v1.0.3 - Add-On to Infernal Robotics (updated 05/06/2017)

Ziw

3 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

i don't have the rghts to upload MSI folder, BUT i can teach you the proper way to instal it. as you need the MODULE MANAGER mod, instal it first. then IR, then its expansions.    Then remove the "Active Struts Folder in MSI" also delete its plugin too, Then instal IR Sequencer, Run The Game so module manager patches their files, then close the game to check if those active struts are back and delete them again if they have, then run game again and it should work. eazy ^^

:D Oh it is not issue with install process itself, besides like i said, i followed W8jester's instructions.

What my gut feeling tells me is most likely issue is either version mixture of the whole infernal robotics folder. Or IR having conflict with some other mod.

That is why i wanted that folder of yours. It is fastest way to check.

....i don't think somebody would sue you for it :-) .... unless you start selling it.

It depends on copyright / creative commons version... but you don't want to do it and i respect your decision.

Got to do it the hard way.  ....

Edited by DirkLarien

well i would succest a complete cleanout of the KSP and full re-instal to clean the other mods, and start with just IR and Sequencer and Module manager then see if it works, and then add more mods to your liking. im just going with stock items, IR and BD-armory when it actually works. i don't need anything else for my work :D

17 minutes ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

well i would succest a complete cleanout of the KSP and full re-instal to clean the other mods, and start with just IR and Sequencer and Module manager then see if it works, and then add more mods to your liking. im just going with stock items, IR and BD-armory when it actually works. i don't need anything else for my work :D

thats that hard way :D

Edited by DirkLarien

Wondering here, what's the status on being able to set up sequences in VAB/SPH? Reason I ask is, sometimes I can, other times I can't and that's with the same craft. The times I can, I get the whole editor thing and can set the sequences. When I can't, I get an empty editor box.

EDIT: This time I couldn't but when I attached a dummy servo, the editor came back even after I removed the dummy servo.

Edited by LN400

EUREKA !!

So after rigorous testing i found what is behind my....our issue.

Fascinatingly enough its not mod itself i think. But it is save itself.

There has to be some kind of setting in each save folder that is messing with sequencer....or perhaps setting for each mod.

I tried fresh 1.3 KSP install with just IR + sequencer (and dependables like tweak scale and mod-manager) to test if it got messed up in patching process itself since i was updating via patch file instead of clean install.

1. And with some basic sequence it worked.
  2. Second step was moving all the mods from main install to this "newly found working" install. Test sequence good so far.
  3. Third step was moving the saves. And lo and behold my original craft exhibited same issue like before. :/
  4. After transferring just craft file into a new sandbox save everything worked like charm.

So this fixes my issue which is fortunately only tied into my design sandbox save folder i don't care about.

But for the people who were designing in their main career save it might prove as major hurdle.

....will try one more thing be back soon ;-)

EDIT : Its worse then i thought Its not not just sequencer it is tied into bigger issue.

KSP saves from previous version to 1.3 get messed up again. I see no Kerbals in my old saves ...... (missing kerbals were caused by not updated different mod...unrelated)

or perhaps some other mod that haven't got updated properly and that could cause corruption of saves.

But anyway the issue is corrupted save.

Edited by DirkLarien

@DirkLarien oh it was the save file issue for you :,D didn't come to mind since i always just start fresh eachtime after an update since i can always make my mechs again improved and since i don't do career mode at all anymore since making mechs tends to be my brain hobby, so i just craft them, test them, move on xD and maeby sometimes  even upload them to curse

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that a good quality of life feature would be if there was a button to automatically set all the servos in their current position in a sequence. That would definitely speed up the building process for me since my stuff usually has more than 30 to 40 servos and it's painful to set every single command one by one. 
Here is an example of one of my mechs
PToEKcf.png

Its mind numbing

30 minutes ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

I feel that a good quality of life feature would be if there was a button to automatically set all the servos in their current position in a sequence. That would definitely speed up the building process for me since my stuff usually has more than 30 to 40 servos and it's painful to set every single command one by one. 
-snip-

Its mind numbing

Oh my goodness that would be amazing! I might actually dig out some of my more complex face melting projects with that kind of a button!

On 3.11.2017 at 11:55 PM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Its mind numbing

well that would be a helpfull feature yes, might i ask is that somekind of veritech you'r building there?

It might work even better if you watching where you going :confused: Doing transform thing on higher altitude might help too, it will left some room to slow down before hitting ground.

Regardless, it is aawesome craft.

• 1 month later...

So a word of warning to the more hardcore builders. I almost lost about 4 days of sequencer programming when I tried to "ctrl+Z" a mistake on a mech build. "Undo" is a wonderful thing. But if you attempt to do so on an IR / Sequencer build you will clear out all of the sequencer programming you worked so hard to enter in. Learn from the almost error of my ways :)

Oh and BTW @Tirehtoori R.I.P "Mech' Means an Ogre Titan :cool: Hopefully I can come out of cryosleep and post a video one of these days.

4 minutes ago, V8jester said:

So a word of warning to the more hardcore builders. I almost lost about 4 days of sequencer programming when I tried to "ctrl+Z" a mistake on a mech build. "Undo" is a wonderful thing. But if you attempt to do so on an IR / Sequencer build you will clear out all of the sequencer programming you worked so hard to enter in. Learn from the almost error of my ways :)

Oh and BTW @Tirehtoori R.I.P "Mech' Means an Ogre Titan :cool: Hopefully I can come out of cryosleep and post a video one of these days.

i heard somebody calling me? XD looking forward to see your new mech : ) maeby i shall pick up my tools and create something new too :) any ideas?

Just now, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

i heard somebody calling me? XD looking forward to see your new mech : ) maeby i shall pick up my tools and create something new too :) any ideas?

You should totally try and pull this off! If anyone is going to sequence that monstrosity is gonna be you man!

12 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Tirehtoori R.I.P So this is the Ogre I'm working on. I think I still have some more little details to add. but it's like 90% right now. I can't decide if I'm totally sold on the cockpit lid and the arm details. Everything Else I'm super happy with though.

screenshot0_zpsbx4w5u1z.png~original

screenshot1_zpsuqzc6qta.png~original

screenshot2_zps1tnnr2lf.png~original

damm man you have seriously procressed on the modeling part :D looks amazing :D i must say i am proud :D the cockpit is fine btw :D

@V8jester where did you get those parts btw?

13 hours ago, V8jester said:

You should totally try and pull this off! If anyone is going to sequence that monstrosity is gonna be you man!

hmm that is actually totally doable and easy to make if i had the right parts or something with 3 corners

2 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

damm man you have seriously procressed on the modeling part :D looks amazing :D i must say i am proud :D the cockpit is fine btw :D

@V8jester where did you get those parts btw?

hmm that is actually totally doable and easy to make if i had the right parts or something with 3 corners

My mod list is pretty a staggering. At the loading screen I have over 12k patches shown under MM :)

If you let me know what parts you are curious about I’ll point you in the right direction. If you want just PM me.

Edited by V8jester

4 hours ago, V8jester said:

My mod list is pretty a staggering. At the loading screen I have over 12k patches shown under MM :)

If you let me know what parts you are curious about I’ll point you in the right direction. If you want just PM me.

@V8jesterwell everything i could use as modeling parts and so on is always what im looking for but for the mech you asked i need triangular parts,

as in parts that fits the mech in question :D as stock items don't have triangles, only squares and circles, i need triangles, half-pipes half/hollow-pipes and anything that can be used as armor :D imagination xDDDDD

ps. i feel a mech inspiration rush coming xDDDDD

With procedural wings might be possible to create triangular parts you looking for. Other than that B9 Aerospace have surface attached fuel junctions, it is not triangular, but half ciliner part with curved ending. Sorry, can't recall exact name of part.

3 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

With procedural wings might be possible to create triangular parts you looking for. Other than that B9 Aerospace have surface attached fuel junctions, it is not triangular, but half ciliner part with curved ending. Sorry, can't recall exact name of part.

no worries i found something already and the mech is already finished but now i need to calibrate few more sequences before im ready to reveal it, but today

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.