Will you be updating to 1.0?

Roflcopterkklol

Yup i'm planing a totally automated trip to Duna using kOS in 1.0 so I must practise with the new aerodynamic model before I start coding. Does anybody know if Squad is planing to realise something like a official pdf witch the math for the aerodynamics of 1.0?

I've never understood why people hold off updating because of previous missions. Just create a second copy of 0.90 with all your mods in, call it "Kerbal Space Program 0.90" so Steam leaves it alone, strip your original one back to stock (leave only the Squad & NASAMission folders in Gamedata) and let Steam update that one.

I personally have 4 installs, a stock one, an OPM one, a MKS/OKS one and a Kerbin 365 one.

I bought the game through Steam. Of COURSE I'm going to update--Steam's Big-Brother-ware gives me no choice.

That being said, I do have a couple caveats:

1) I've already made my now-traditional backup install of the current version of KSP in a directory that Steam doesn't know about, and may well continue my current save there, at least part time.

2) I really am looking forward to 1.0 (at least cautiously), and will doubtless pounce on it with a new save as soon as I get home from work on Monday.

As soon as the kerbalspaceprogram.com will be available.

With the release, the site will probably be assaulted by thousand of people trying to get the games at the same time. DDOS waiting to happen.

I will just wait a little bit before downloading it.

Right away, but if the stock dV readout isn't good enough I'll have to wait for KER to start playing seriously. KAC is also a must-have for any interplanetary missions.

5thHorseman has a video where he describes a technique that lets you plot an interplanetary mission with accurate windows without using any mods (the video uses PreciseNode, but he describes how to do it without PreciseNode too).

Granted you'll have to be careful to not miss passing into the SOI, but at least if you do that at high warp, you won't (allegedly) end up on some weird course afterwards..

I have to say I probably will be updating as soon as it comes out. The update looks like one of the best yet and I'm really looking forward to seeing the new features.

I am however pretty disappointed with most of the balancing changes however. I know that all parts needed to be gone over to make them work but I disagree with pretty much every balance change I've seen.

I bought the game through Steam. Of COURSE I'm going to update--Steam's Big-Brother-ware gives me no choice.

That being said, I do have a couple caveats:

1) I've already made my now-traditional backup install of the current version of KSP in a directory that Steam doesn't know about, and may well continue my current save there, at least part time.

2) I really am looking forward to 1.0 (at least cautiously), and will doubtless pounce on it with a new save as soon as I get home from work on Monday.

The Steam version of KSP is DRM free. Copy your current game folder to a different place on your hard-drive (or to a thumb drive). Then you'll have 0.90 forever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.