Pewdiepie did ksp!!!!

RAINCRAFTER

Well, I watched his 6 min video... he clearly had no clue what was going on, and based on what he said, he has never played it before.

Given his idiocy... I'm not sure it ended up making KSP look all that good...

Its much more entertaining to watch somebody with a nice rocket, and a plan, and see that plan fail, be modified, fail, modified.. .and so on until success... than to just see randomly thrown together parts exploding....

He never even achieved orbit around kerbin (despite his claims of "so close"). In the end he just ended up flying straight up to escape velocity and a heliocentric orbit, and then called it success and ended there.

Or do you mean this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51492-What-would-happen-to-this-community-if-pewdiepie-played-KSP

This is the single best PR stunt squad has ever done.

I don't care if pewds has the playing ability of a watermelon rolling over the keyboard.

I am hoping he does more KSP.

Forget beta, forget 1.0, this is the one true sign squad has succeeded in making Kerbal Space Program

With all that said, the question is, what happens now?

Yes, he played it. Yes, he played awfully. But he _is_ the most popular YouTubeperson in the world. The way I see it, Squad could get a good sales boost out of this.

I'm not worrying about the community. Either they like the game and strive to get good at it, or don't and leave - just like it's always been.

Well, I watched his 6 min video... he clearly had no clue what was going on, and based on what he said, he has never played it before.

Given his idiocy... I'm not sure it ended up making KSP look all that good...

Its much more entertaining to watch somebody with a nice rocket, and a plan, and see that plan fail, be modified, fail, modified.. .and so on until success... than to just see randomly thrown together parts exploding....

He never even achieved orbit around kerbin (despite his claims of "so close"). In the end he just ended up flying straight up to escape velocity and a heliocentric orbit, and then called it success and ended there.

Or do you mean this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51492-What-would-happen-to-this-community-if-pewdiepie-played-KSP

I understand your point, but he was just pewdiepie doing pewdiepie things.

I mean, everyone who sees his videos understands that under the random stuff there is an actual game which can be more or less interesting. People don't follow pewdiepie to see him just playing with a plan, we have better youtubers for that kind of show.

The whole point of having someone like pewdiepie playing the game is to promote it to the people who are not interested in seeing someone with a nice rocket and a plan... because the "Scott manley kinda" followers already bought the game or are genuinely not interested in that kind of thing.

Haven't we already had the Pewdiepie thing a few years ago?

No, I think that was NerdCubed. The sky didn't fall back then either :D

Good on Squad for landing this promo and good on PewDiePie for giving the game a fair run (and apparently enjoying it in spite of himself!)

Squad has sponsored quite a few high-profile Youtubers to cover the 1.0 release and judging by the Steam sales it's paying off. That means more people enjoying KSP and more dough for development - win win!

I find him annoying. His whole speel is crying like a little girl when some scary Blurry monster pops up and makes him poop his pants. Not sure why he would even choose KSP to play.. Unless he was scared by the little green men. Did he get through the video without dropping the F Bomb 500 times?

I predicted the day will come...

I remember watching his videos when he was not that popular. I stopped watching him as he became more popular and when he quit Happy Wheels (I still remember the fan scuffle between him and Nova). Sometimes I poke around and avoided his videos that had clickbait thumbnails. At times he is funny and it will be interesting to see him play KSP.

But what will happen if HE made an account on the forums?

Edited by CelticCossack51

All right. Lemmie weigh in, here. Let's say this guy sends us more traffic. And let's say they're infantile, and young, and disruptive, and annoying.

I say, so what? Let's welcome them with open arms and a welcoming sampler basket with sliced cheese and salami and boosters and probe cores.

Kids grow up. People mature. They have memories. They'll remember how they were treated, and by whom.

Sure, there might be a ruckus for a while, but it'll settle down. They'll eventually key in to the vibe here, and whether or not they know it, will chill over time.

So, relax. Welcome them. Answer their questions. Call them out for stupid things done, as you would any other, of course, but welcome them.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

All right. Lemmie weigh in, here. Let's say this guy sends us more traffic. And let's say they're infantile, and young, and disruptive, and annoying.

I say, so what? Let's welcome them with open arms and a welcoming sampler basket with sliced cheese and salami and boosters and probe cores.

Kids grow up. People mature. They have memories. They'll remember how they were treated, and by whom.

Sure, there might be a ruckus for a while, but it'll settle down. They'll eventually key in to the vibe here, and whether or not they know it, will chill over time.

So, relax. Welcome them. Answer their questions. Call them out for stupid things done, as you would any other, of course, but welcome them.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

I agree. Like me, most of pewds' subs are ordinary, nice people with a legitimate interest in gaming. We must welcome them in to the forums just like any other gaming enthusiasts.

Pewds may have been playing the game with the skill level of a kookaburra pecking the keyboard, but when his fans play KSP they will learn how to actually play the game.

I don't understand people`s problem with PewdiePie. Honestly though, isn't it actually good that KSP is getting a lot more publicity? We will have an even bigger community now, and remember, only the patient people will stay.

KSP is a game, not a space simulator. In the end it is a game, and every person plays it how they want.

Complaining about someone playing the game differently from you is just plain nonsense and bigotry. It is something I am currently observing in this thread. Also keep in mind we have a brilliant moderator team which can always watch out for harmful content.

Please be respectful to new players and don't hold on to the typical Pewdiepie viewer stereotype.

Finally watched it. Was fun watching someone try it for the first time and completely winging it.

But good lord, everything in moderation man. I lost count how many times you added effects to something, and how often you zoomed up on your face.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.