[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

I am having an interesting issue and I can not trace down what the interaction is.  

I have a phantom MK2 inline crew cabin that superimposes itself over the root part of any vessel.  

TPif9Fq.png

If you EVA a kerbal it follows the kerbal.  Removing RPM fixes the issue.  Also the Kerbal heads are removed from the lower right corner.

I have read a few pages back and it seems this may be related to the transparency stuff but i cant match it to anything.  I can post logs if it would help but didnt want to take up the space if it was not needed and someone knew what the issue was.  

This is 1:v0.25.1.28297b installed via CKAN.  

Thanks.

Update 1:

Here are the logs that I also posted on GitHub issue 513.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dxd9vmxko5jbe12/AAD4a-hKeDj47MhXZpif6FE3a?dl=0

Update 2:

After searching there does seem to be several references to JSITransparentPod and JSIAdvTransparentPod.  And from the github issue conversation it seems those are not compatible with each other.  Unfortunately I do not know hoe to tell which mod is referencing JSITransparentPod.

Update 3:

Thanks to MOARdV for helping with this through Github.  The issue is that Mk3 Hypersonic Systems when installed through CKAN is installing several outdated versions of mods nested inside its directory.  Including an outdated version of RPM.  cleaned that up and good to go.  

Thanks again all for your time and dedication to making this community amazing.  Your work is very much appreciated.

Edited by terminalmonky
Conflict Found

8 hours ago, flatbear said:

the monitors arent appearing for me in 1.1 anymore.  they used to work.  Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.

Without more info, that's pretty much all the help I can provide.

Lo @MOARdV. When @blowfish took the lead on updating B9 to 5.3, I pitched in with some help with the RPM bits (as RPM updates at the time broke some of the graphical alignment). There was one issue I didn't resolve in KSP 1.0.5: the first two pages of the resource screens were supposed to show stage information with progress bars, but no longer did. It's still an issue that I'm trying to fix. This was functional in B9 as of KSP 0.92, but stopped functioning afterward. Here are three images. The first is from KSP 1.0.5, running B9 6.0.1. The second is running a dev version of B9 for KSP 1.1 (similar issue, but appears different). The last is from B9 in KSP 0.92 (yes, I still have it) which shows what the intended functionality is. The third screen (on the right) shows total resources, and it is functional in all three. It's the staging pages that are broken.

I've been looking at your help pages, but as they say at the top, with great power comes a long developer's manual. Honestly, I find it a bit daunting, like looking at the table of contents in a General Relativity textbook. :)

The functional pages have lines like this:

Spoiler

{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_0_NAME LISTR_0_PERCENT LISTR_0_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_0_VAL LISTR_0_MAX LISTR_0_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_1_NAME LISTR_1_PERCENT LISTR_1_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_1_VAL LISTR_1_MAX LISTR_1_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_2_NAME LISTR_2_PERCENT LISTR_2_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_2_VAL LISTR_2_MAX LISTR_2_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_3_NAME LISTR_3_PERCENT LISTR_3_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_3_VAL LISTR_3_MAX LISTR_3_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_4_NAME LISTR_4_PERCENT LISTR_4_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_4_VAL LISTR_4_MAX LISTR_4_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_5_NAME LISTR_5_PERCENT LISTR_5_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_5_VAL LISTR_5_MAX LISTR_5_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}{0,-18} ({1,5:0%;;"EMPTY"}) [{1,-10:BAR| ,10}] $&$ LISTR_6_NAME LISTR_6_PERCENT LISTR_6_MAX
{2:;;"                                        "}                          {0,5:0.00}/{1,5:0.00} $&$ LISTR_6_VAL LISTR_6_MAX LISTR_6_MAX
TOTAL MASS {0,9:0.000} t.      <PAGE 1/3> $&$MASSRESOURCES

The non-functional staging pages appear like this:

Spoiler

RESOURCES                     STAGE {0,-2: 0} $&$ STAGE

FUEL      OXID      MONO         
   [{0:BAR| ,8}][{1:BAR| ,8}][{2:BAR| ,8}]   $&$ FUELSTAGEPERCENT OXIDIZERSTAGEPERCENT MONOPROPSTAGEPERCENT 
    ({0,-6:0.0%})  ({1,-6:0.0%})  ({2,-6:0.0%}) $&$ FUELSTAGEPERCENT OXIDIZERSTAGEPERCENT MONOPROPSTAGEPERCENT 

BATT [{0:BAR| ,8}] $&$ ELECTRIC

[@x12]       [@x17]       

and

Spoiler

RESOURCES                     STAGE {0,-2: 0} $&$ STAGE

{1:"";"";"   NO STAGE LIQUID FUEL                                     "}   FUEL [{0:BAR| ,10}]{0:"("0.0%")";"";"[#50ff50ff]OK"}  $&$ FUELSTAGEPERCENT FUELSTAGEMAX

{1:"";"";"   NO STAGE OXIDIZER                                        "}   OXID [{0:BAR| ,10}]{0:"("0.0%")";"";"[#50ff50ff]OK"}  $&$ OXIDIZERSTAGEPERCENT OXIDIZERSTAGEMAX

{1:"";"";"   NO STAGE SOLID FUEL                                      "}   SRB  [{0:BAR| ,10}]{0:"("0.0%")";"";"[#50ff50ff]OK"}  $&$ SOLIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT SOLIDFUELSTAGEMAX

TWR  {0:0.00}/{1:0.00} $&$ TWR TWRMAX

THRST[{0:BAR| ,10}] {0,5:P0} $&$ THROTTLE

[@x12]       [@x17]   

Clearly, these two don't look quite like the one that works, but I'm not sure where to start fixing them. Any help with where I should be looking in the manual, or if there are obvious changes to fix this off the top of your head, I would appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll keep trying to get edumucated.

43 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Clearly, these two don't look quite like the one that works, but I'm not sure where to start fixing them. Any help with where I should be looking in the manual, or if there are obvious changes to fix this off the top of your head, I would appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll keep trying to get edumucated.

Short answer: resource variables such as FUELSTAGEMAX were deprecated a long time ago, and I removed the backwards-compatibility support for the sake of simplifying the code base.  These days, you have to use variables prefixed with SYSR_ (see here) - but it'd be something like SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEMAX.

EDIT: Oh, and you can use actual bar graphs instead of text emulation of bargraphs if you really want to fancy up the page.

Edited by MOARdV

9 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Short answer: 

Thank you kindly. This looks like the starting point I need. I'm also familiarizing myself with the .NET string handlers from the SteveX link you gave (I come from a C/C++ background along with math programs like Matlab and Mathematica, only now trying to get my bearings with C#).

Edit: Just saw your edit. Purrrdy! I'll give it a try.

Edited by danfarnsy

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Yes.

Without more info, that's pretty much all the help I can provide.

how can I trouble shoot this?  here is a list of all the other mods I am running.  rasterprop was working before the 1.1 update but now doesnt show up anymore

Iqr1YyU.jpg

7 minutes ago, flatbear said:

how can I trouble shoot this?  here is a list of all the other mods I am running.  rasterprop was working before the 1.1 update but now doesnt show up anymore

Flatbear, try downloading and installing manually via the github link provided on the first page. If it's not updated/indexed on CKAN, then unless MOARdV provides the CKAN support himself (many mod authors do not), you can either go to the CKAN guys directly and ask them or do manual installation yourself. For what it's worth, I've been holding off on using CKAN, as it's been having issues on a lot of my key mods.

Edit: It looks like your GameData folder probably has a number of holdovers from 1.0.5, if you still have Astronomer's Pack in there (which only works with an old version of EVE which is incompatible with KSP 1.1). I strongly suggest starting over: uninstalling everything via CKAN, then going into your GameData folder and removing everything EXCEPT the Squad folder. From there, you can reinstall compatible mods via CKAN and find the others (like this one) to install manually. And when you manually update a mod, don't overwrite the old folder. Delete the old folder and then install the new one.

Edited by danfarnsy

38 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Flatbear, try downloading and installing manually via the github link provided on the first page. If it's not updated/indexed on CKAN, then unless MOARdV provides the CKAN support himself (many mod authors do not), you can either go to the CKAN guys directly and ask them or do manual installation yourself. For what it's worth, I've been holding off on using CKAN, as it's been having issues on a lot of my key mods.

Edit: It looks like your GameData folder probably has a number of holdovers from 1.0.5, if you still have Astronomer's Pack in there (which only works with an old version of EVE which is incompatible with KSP 1.1). I strongly suggest starting over: uninstalling everything via CKAN, then going into your GameData folder and removing everything EXCEPT the Squad folder. From there, you can reinstall compatible mods via CKAN and find the others (like this one) to install manually. And when you manually update a mod, don't overwrite the old folder. Delete the old folder and then install the new one.

thanks I will try that.

edit: I did try that but no luck. i got rid of most of my mods too

c4RBcP8.jpg

barren cockpit D:

UJyqlLM.jpg

Edited by flatbear

57 minutes ago, flatbear said:

barren cockpit D:

That looks like it was installed incorrectly.  Did you manually install the mod, or did you let CKAN install it?  If it was the latter, remove RPM completely, and then manually install RPM from GitHub (download the .ZIP and copy the files to your GameData directory - do not use CKAN to reinstall it).  If that doesn't work, I will need to see KSP.log.  There are additional tips over here.

3 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

That looks like it was installed incorrectly.  Did you manually install the mod, or did you let CKAN install it?  If it was the latter, remove RPM completely, and then manually install RPM from GitHub (download the .ZIP and copy the files to your GameData directory - do not use CKAN to reinstall it).  If that doesn't work, I will need to see KSP.log.  There are additional tips over here.

I figured it out with much thanks to @danfarnsy.  It turns out that my module manager dll was outdated so I updated that and now it works fine

1 hour ago, flatbear said:

Update: I was simultaneously providing support via private message. Flatbear didn't *quite* follow at first the instructions I gave. He still had an outdated version of ModuleManager. Deleting it and installing a fresh one resolved his issue. He stated in that conversation that everything was working fine now. Issue is closed.

I've also got the issue where the MK2 inline cockpit is still using the old IVA. Thought it was first an issue with the B9 install, but I deleted and replaced the JSI folder with the current version from this thread; nothing changed.

13 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I've also got the issue where the MK2 inline cockpit is still using the old IVA. Thought it was first an issue with the B9 install, but I deleted and replaced the JSI folder with the current version from this thread; nothing changed.

You may want to go through and clean up your entire GameData folder, then, especially any mods that change stock parts.  If there's a Module Manager script from somewhere fiddling with the part to cause that, it could be anywhere in GameData.

4 minutes ago, Jacke said:

You may want to go through and clean up your entire GameData folder, then, especially any mods that change stock parts.  If there's a Module Manager script from somewhere fiddling with the part to cause that, it could be anywhere in GameData.

There shouldn't be, but I guess I just have to set up a vanilla install to be able to check stuff again. Gonna write back what happens.

Edited by Temeter

Running on Windows 7 32-bit in OpenGL mode, GT640 and I still get exactly the same pink screen issue as the guys before (don't have memory to run in DX9) with the latest dev build. Screens are unnecessary, they look the same as those. Logs below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00sfilx0f7tqgfr/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a94mf104xhbs72r/output_log.txt?dl=0

5 minutes ago, m4ti140 said:

Running on Windows 7 32-bit in OpenGL mode, GT640 and I still get exactly the same pink screen issue as the guys before (don't have memory to run in DX9) with the latest dev build. Screens are unnecessary, they look the same as those. Logs below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00sfilx0f7tqgfr/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a94mf104xhbs72r/output_log.txt?dl=0

Open GL is IRC broken in windows. Why not use DX9 64bit?

Edited by Temeter

44 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Nope, went as expected. Vanilla with just RPM, still got the MK2 pod IVA for the new inline pod. Checked the configs, but I can't read much out of them

It's 1.1.1 tho. Maybe that changed something, although there isn't anything in particular about the MK2 inline pod in the changelog.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Nope, went as expected. Vanilla with just RPM, still got the MK2 pod IVA for the new inline pod. Checked the configs, but I can't read much out of them

It's 1.1.1 tho. Maybe that changed something, although there isn't anything in particular about the MK2 inline pod in the changelog.

I double-checked, and the MM config that was replacing the Mk2 inline is commented out.  Providing you have a clean installation of RasterPropMonitor (and no stale files), I don't see how that's happening.

FWIW, KSP 1.1.1 *breaks* RasterPropMonitor.  I do not have an ETA for a fix yet, since I've had some things to take care of in Real Life first.  I strongly recommend not using RPM (at least delete the DLL) until a fix is available.

12 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I double-checked, and the MM config that was replacing the Mk2 inline is commented out.  Providing you have a clean installation of RasterPropMonitor (and no stale files), I don't see how that's happening.

FWIW, KSP 1.1.1 *breaks* RasterPropMonitor.  I do not have an ETA for a fix yet, since I've had some things to take care of in Real Life first.  I strongly recommend not using RPM (at least delete the DLL) until a fix is available.

Interesting, the screens, at least for B9, seemed to work with 111 tho.

Well, I guess it's just an incompatability issue or something. Can't be an old file or anything, i've only used RSP after downloading B9 today (reminded me of how cool those displays are :3 ), and the vanilla install I tried was completely clean. Gonna check back when the update is there.

I'll just wait until then, take your time. We might have to play a while without IVA displays, but RL goes first.

Edited by Temeter

I've put a "hotfix" version v0.26.0 on GitHub.  It disables tracking stage-only resources because of a KSP bug in 1.1.1.  So, SYSR_*STAGE resources will return zero.  If Squad turns a fix out quickly, I'll reinstate the functionality and make a proper release; otherwise, I'll see what it takes to write my own stage-only resource tracking.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

SYSR_*STAGE resources will return zero. 

That's hilarious. After your help earlier today, I got the B9 MFD's staged resources working properly. Now they're (for the time being) useless again. I'm still trying to figure out JSIGraphingBackground, but I may aim at some other places to play with that. On that note, are you aware of any mods I can check out as examples of that being implemented? It doesn't appear in either your basic MFD or in ALCOR (fairly old, never dull) config files, and the separate initialization and implementation don't appear common to the rest of your background handlers. In short, I was doing it wrong:

Spoiler

PAGE
        {
            name = infoResourceHelper
            text = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/infoResourceStage2.txt
            textOverlay = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/overlayInfo.txt
            textureURL = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/images/bg03
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
            CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
                redirect = btn1,   infoResourceHelper
                redirect = btn2,   infoMission
                redirect = btn3,   infoAltitudeGraph
                redirect = btn5,   infoDescription
                redirect = btn6,   pluginVesselView
                redirect = btn4,   infoAtmosphere
                redirect = btn9,   infoResourceHelper
                redirect = btn10,  infoResourceTotal
                redirect = escape, menuInfo
                redirect = home,   menuDefault
            }
            BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = JSIGraphingBackground
                method = RenderBackground
                layout = b9resourceGraph
            }
        }

RPM_GRAPHING_BACKGROUND
        {
            layout = b9resourceGraph
            backgroundColor = 01,01,01,255

DATA_SET
            {
                borderPosition = 10,10,256,48
                borderWidth = 2
                borderColor = 228,228,255,255

graphType = HorizontalRight
                variableName = SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGE
                scale = 0,SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEMAX
            }
        }

I was doing this with KSP 1.1.0 and RPM 0.25.1 (second hotfix)

Ok, so @MOARdV and I have agreed to split Advanced Transparent Pods module/feature out from Raster Prop Monitor and distribute it as a separate zip/DLL/whatever.
From now on I will be maintaining it as a separate piece over on this Thread.

Many thanks to @MOARdV @Mihara and all others involved in this fantastic and amazing mod.

I hope that I will do this small piece justice.