[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Howdy...finally installed K+ after eyeing it for a long time. With 2.3.5 installed on KSP 1.0.4, I noticed a couple of things:

Kal and Ganag orbit a phantom planet called "Barycenter". Is this intentional? I know they have a shared barycenter but it struck me as odd that it shows up as "Barycenter" rather than Kal/Ganag in the tracking station.

and Potatus has a huge seam from pole to pole. I don't know if this was an existing issue or if it's new, but since it's probably the coolest body I went to check it out immediately and noticed that it didn't look the way it did in the screenshots.

Thanks for the mod!

Thank you! Actualy, the barycenter phantom body was meant to be, because ksp doesn't use N body physics so this was the o ly way we could create a barycenter. I'll investigate the seam issue tomorow after I'll get some sleep and talk with KillAshley. From what i remember, I haven't modified anything on Potatus since release! Cheers!

Thank you! Actualy, the barycenter phantom body was meant to be, because ksp doesn't use N body physics so this was the o ly way we could create a barycenter. I'll investigate the seam issue tomorow after I'll get some sleep and talk with KillAshley. From what i remember, I haven't modified anything on Potatus since release! Cheers!

Thanks for the response. Get some sleep for sure.

If it helps, here are a couple of screenshots -- http://imgur.com/a/LjMlb#0 -- it seems to be not just Potatus, but Fonso too. I checked a few other bodies and they seemed fine (although I didn't check every single one).

Thanks for the response. Get some sleep for sure.

If it helps, here are a couple of screenshots -- http://imgur.com/a/LjMlb#0 -- it seems to be not just Potatus, but Fonso too. I checked a few other bodies and they seemed fine (although I didn't check every single one).

Thank you. Yep, that's strange! I just pronounced the terrain on some planets, but Potatus has no other modification since 2. 0. Adress this issue on the kopernicus thread to see if they have answers.

Howdy...finally installed K+ after eyeing it for a long time. With 2.3.5 installed on KSP 1.0.4, I noticed a couple of things:

Kal and Ganag orbit a phantom planet called "Barycenter". Is this intentional? I know they have a shared barycenter but it struck me as odd that it shows up as "Barycenter" rather than Kal/Ganag in the tracking station.

and Potatus has a huge seam from pole to pole. I don't know if this was an existing issue or if it's new, but since it's probably the coolest body I went to check it out immediately and noticed that it didn't look the way it did in the screenshots.

Thanks for the mod!

Also, how are the new parts?

Amarius1 your mod is looking great! Just about everything is running smoothly, and I've only run into 1 small glitch. At harvest, around 38,000 meters I cannot time warp because im "below 6000 meters". I made a successful landing and was surprised by the gravity, expecting less. While it wasent my favorite planet, it did have some Veiws! vT1sMvr.png

As you can see another successful landing, with some great views. Hope this mod lives on for a long time. Also amarius1, I remember seeing a post or comment when you were first getting into planet building, you've come a long way! Good job

Amarius1 your mod is lookt! Just about everything is running smoothly, and I've only run into 1 small glitch. At harvest, around 38,000 meters I cannot time warp because im "below 6000 meters". I made a successful landing and was surprised by the gravity, expecting less. While it wasent my favorite planet, it did have some Veiws! a>

As you can see another successful landing, with some great views. Hope this mod lives on for a long time. Also amarius1, I remember seeing a post or comment when you were first getting into planet building, you've come a long way! Good job

Thank you! Also, I'll mess with timewarp limits and negative terrain height for the next update, supposely coming out in a few weaks or months since this is summer and e and my family nead a much needed vacantion after entering heightschool.

What to expect for next update:

One of keelon's moons would have blue surface an intense blue atmosphere. Also, atmosphere that blocks any view from orbit and red rings.

Bugfixes.

Biomes and full Career and Science intergration.

More parts including gimbalable booster and new science experiments.

More and improved mod compadibility.

Optimisations.

Custom texture packs so you can choose what each body's texture you want.

Cheers! An yes, I've came a long way from my first planet, but without the help of tye comunity I would have gotten here. :)

Edit: also, do you have any issues with seams on Potatus?

Edited by amarius1

done some forum updates...checked some russian forums... apparently there's a site dedicated to ksp in russia and they reviewed this mod! Google Translate is a real friend. BTW, the guy from Kerbal Galaxy is from Russia !

Intended. Also, with the new atmospheres how do you suppose to survive entering Keelon's very dense atmosphere at hight speeds? I recommend getting a stable orbit and Then deorbiting!

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of spelling mistakes on this thread.

Yes, I know, but I'm not an English native. Just search my country (profile sais it) and you'll see what I mean.

BTW, 70% of all my comments are made from my uncooperative tablet.

Oh okay, Sorry man I didn't know. I've been to Bucharest and by far Romanian is a harder language than English. Keep up the great work on the mod!

Thank you! BTW, look on the forum OP for many informations of what I have completed and how many things I have to do before releasing a new update.

Never said anything about this mod until know. In my opinion, it's going to be (probably, who knows the future) the most well known planet pack. It adds just what the stock system needs to be a true analog to the real Solar System. It's not over-saturated with bodies, has cool maps and it fits perfectly with the stock planets. Well done amarius1 and the rest of the people that work/worked on Kerbol+

Never said anything about this mod until know. In my opinion, it's going to be (probably, who knows the future) the most well known planet pack. It adds just what the stock system needs to be a true analog to the real Solar System. It's not over-saturated with bodies, has cool maps and it fits perfectly with the stock planets. Well done amarius1 and the rest of the people that work/worked on Kerbol+

Glad you like it, but you have a miss conception. This is meant to implement all of the bodies ever planned by the devs, unlike OPM which is centered around the idea of adding analogs. Actualy, the first days of learning kopernicus were put into making my first planet packs, Outer Planets Plus. It was crappy, it was buggy, but it worked! Cheers! SPOILER: Magic Boulder in the next update.

Ok. Now I'm throwing money to the screen.

Hehe... "OP must deliver"

But seriously I have waited so much time to implement this... The textures are almost ready! I have two variants to implement it, you choose one of them.

1: Magic Boulder is coded as planet but has ti be bigger than 8 killometers.

2: Magic Boulder is coded as an asteroid but you'll nead to use a special save file included with the download.

I vote the number 1. Being far from the parent plant's angular size is so small that you can only see a dot.

You know what the Magic Boulder is, right? It was a strange asteroid that couldn't be seen from map view, with glitchy physics and a monolith on it. It also had magic intense neon green cracks and in terms of size it was comparable with a medium sized ship... So for the sake of old times I should make 2...

This mod looks awesome, I installed it! I'm waiting for the next transfer window for a mission to Sarvin. Do you have a list of Delta-V requirements to get to each planet or moon? I also want to try making a Delta-V map from it, if you have the numbers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.