[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

10 minutes ago, cakepie said:

Since you didn't mention anything about the inflatable airlock -- when deployed, it can dock with a Clamp-o-tron Jr, so don't forget to handle that case!

Also, Issue #96 for localization related issues.

Thanks.  I'll look into those.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, wookiee_goldberg said:

I submitted a pull request for updating the "Freedom" file with the 1.4 (base and MH) equivalents of the existing parts. It's my first time using github and only my second time contributing to a mod but I hope I did the process correctly, and if not, constructive criticism is fine.

Thanks!  I'll look it over and provide comments.  I have some other configs I've completed.  we will see if there is any overlap.

New release:

release v1.2.6.0 release date:  09 Apr 2018
- Added configs for new Mk1-3 pod to base CLSStock.cfg
- Added configs for Making History Expansion
- Added configs to CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt per PR97 by wookieegoldberg, Thanks wookie!  
  this updates some renamed parts, and adds some Making history parts.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

New release:

release v1.2.6.0 release date:  09 Apr 2018
- Added configs for new Mk1-3 pod to base CLSStock.cfg
- Added configs for Making History Expansion
- Added configs to CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt per PR97 by wookieegoldberg, Thanks wookie!  

Enjoy!

I downloaded the new version but my changes don't seem to have made it into the freedom file. It's there in the "source code" zip from github (and I saw that you merged/closed my PR), but not the main "ConnectedLivingSpace.1.2.6.0_04092018.zip" file for the mod content.

Edited by wookiee_goldberg

1 hour ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

I downloaded the new version but my changes don't seem to have made it into the freedom file. It's there in the "source code" zip from github (and I saw that you merged/closed my PR), but not the main "ConnectedLivingSpace.1.2.6.0_04092018.zip" file for the mod content.

Thanks I'll look at my build process.

Update:  Found the issue.  your PR was done against a different folder than the one I use for the build process.  The solution was really not well organized.  I'd been putting off doing the reorg due to time, but it bit me this time around.

I've since cleaned up the solution, and got rid of the redundant folders.  Much better organization now.  New release coming soon.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Update status

New Release:

release v1.2.6.1 release date:  09 Apr 2018
- Made solution structural changes to ensure improved multi developer support and distribution.  Reorganized / cleaned up solution folders
- Added missing configs configs to CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt per PR97 by wookieegoldberg, Thanks wookie!  

Should be right now.

47 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

New Release:

release v1.2.6.1 release date:  09 Apr 2018
- Made solution structural changes to ensure improved multi developer support and distribution.  Reorganized / cleaned up solution folders
- Added missing configs configs to CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt per PR97 by wookieegoldberg, Thanks wookie!  

Should be right now.

yeah that seemed to fix it, thanks

On 22.3.2018 at 1:49 PM, GERULA said:

I have the same problem

Encountering the same problem. After recoupling the "Open Hatch" doesn't seem to work even though it shows "open" in the GUI. In 1.3.1 the whole vessel used to flash briefly yellow. Didn' encounter this in 1.4.1 or 1.4.2. 

I installed from scratch, just stock and CLS including MM. If of interest , a screenshot of my GameData folder with the CLS versioning, screenshots and the outputlog.txt file are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d8p0u7r78x6273/Screenshot 2018-04-14 15.16.55.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzi5pw4yw0l45pp/screenshot0.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdt7ncgxe58ans0/screenshot2.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a43r88dkah0lbp/screenshot3.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtyvaah4c6xot29/output_log.txt?dl=0

These files were created with KSP 1.4.2 build id = 02110 2018.03.28

Connected Living Spaces ver. 1.2.6.1_04092018

3 hours ago, Kurbalizer said:

Encountering the same problem. After recoupling the "Open Hatch" doesn't seem to work even though it shows "open" in the GUI. In 1.3.1 the whole vessel used to flash briefly yellow. Didn' encounter this in 1.4.1 or 1.4.2. 

I installed from scratch, just stock and CLS including MM. If of interest , a screenshot of my GameData folder with the CLS versioning, screenshots and the outputlog.txt file are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d8p0u7r78x6273/Screenshot 2018-04-14 15.16.55.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzi5pw4yw0l45pp/screenshot0.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdt7ncgxe58ans0/screenshot2.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a43r88dkah0lbp/screenshot3.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtyvaah4c6xot29/output_log.txt?dl=0

These files were created with KSP 1.4.2 build id = 02110 2018.03.28

Connected Living Spaces ver. 1.2.6.1_04092018

thanks for the feedback, and the troubleshooting aids.  I will take a look

21 minutes ago, Weltenbrand said:

Just wanted to ask if it is intended for the Structural Tubes of Making History to lack surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true in version 1.2.6.1 while the stock Structural Fuselage has that attribute.

When I made my pass over the DLC parts, I considered that, but decided against it.  Now that you mention it, given that there are no internals that would preclude such a connection, I would tend to agree that surface attache should be allowed.  I will make that change and include the updated configs with the next release. 

As a work around, you can edit the config yourself or enable custom passibility in the settings, and that will allow you to tweak your passibility settings in the VAB/SPH for the tubes.

9 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

(...)

As a work around, you can edit the config yourself or enable custom passibility in the settings, and that will allow you to tweak your passibility settings in the VAB/SPH for the tubes.

The reason for me asking was that I had already written my own config file for Making History and was quite surprised when the kerbals on my stations couldn't reach their return vehicles anymore after updating to 1.6.2.1 :o. Thank you very much for the quick response.

@Papa_Joe Bugfix PR #98 update CLS state to reflect crew movements, maintain correct occupancy figures for spaces.

Got away with not doing this in the past because CLS state was maintained only for active vessel and was recalculated on vessel switching.
Bug was exposed after changing to VesselModule approach.

1 minute ago, cakepie said:

@Papa_Joe Bugfix PR #98 update CLS state to reflect crew movements, maintain correct occupancy figures for spaces.

Got away with not doing this in the past because CLS state was maintained only for active vessel and was recalculated on vessel switching.
Bug was exposed after changing to VesselModule approach.

Thanks!  I'll look it over.

Did some repo digging; things still looking a bit jumbled even after the 1.2.6.1 reorg.

You have both of these:
CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg (originally located in Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)
CLSStockMH.cfg (originally located in plugins/ConnectedLivingSpace/Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)

The only difference between the two is that CLSStockMH.cfg has :NEEDS[SquadExpansion] clauses -- albeit misplaced.
Should probably look like

@PART[kv2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]

Instead of

@PART[kv2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]]

However, neither of these patches are actually applied, because they are preempted by:
CLSMissingHistory.cfg (originally located in Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)

This file is identical to CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg. This is likely a mistake, you probably intended to add configs for Snark's Missing History mod

On 4/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, cakepie said:

Did some repo digging; things still looking a bit jumbled even after the 1.2.6.1 reorg.

You have both of these:
CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg (originally located in Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)
CLSStockMH.cfg (originally located in plugins/ConnectedLivingSpace/Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)

The only difference between the two is that CLSStockMH.cfg has :NEEDS[SquadExpansion] clauses -- albeit misplaced.
Should probably look like

@PART[kv2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]

Instead of

@PART[kv2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]]

However, neither of these patches are actually applied, because they are preempted by:
CLSMissingHistory.cfg (originally located in Distribution/GameData/ConnectedLivingSpace/Configs)

This file is identical to CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg. This is likely a mistake, you probably intended to add configs for Snark's Missing History mod

Ok looking that one over.

Yup.  that was a blown refactor.  I was renaming MH to MissingHistory for clarity and messed it all up.  Also After reviewing Snark's Missing History, I realized there were not parts that required a config.  Correcting my screw up.

Update.  All changes have been made.  with the imminent release of 1.4.3, I'm holding off until I can recompile to the latest binaries.  I don't expect the latest update to affect anything, but you never know....

Projected Change log:

release v1.2.6.2 release date:  TBD Apr 2018
- recompiled for 1.4.3
- fixed Git issue #96 localization of certain languages due to string order.
- incorporate PR #98 from cake-pie correct updating cls state on crew movements Thanks cake-pie!
- fixed Git issue #99 inflatable airlock deploy/retract does not update clsvessel state.  Incorporate PR #100 from cake-pie.
- Added surface attached is passable to structural tubes (Making History).

Edited by Papa_Joe
latest update status.

FYI, there's an upcoming MM feature -- not yet released! -- which will allow :NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory] rather than just NEEDS[SquadExpansion]
This is better since Squad would presumably also put other future DLCs inside SquadExpansion/ and we should thus test for the specific DLC folders rather than the one that contains all of them.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just refreshed my KSP installation and this is one of the base mods I use.

I'm an italian player and I like the good work done on localization by squad and mod authors, I have little experience with translation and I may help with your beautiful mod.

Hi! So I added a cfg file in the Configs folder for CxAerospace docking ports and now they work fine but is there a way to make them impassable when I close the hatch?
All did was this:

@PART[CXA_APAS_A]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true

}
}

I know very little about scripting, can you help me out? haha
Thanks in advance! Great mod, adds realism to the game, and thanks for continuing this mod.