[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, but am I the only one with this issue?

And yes, I know, this is not updated to KSP 1.5.1 yet.

So, a part gets the module

MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
			passable = true
		}

and then shows this wall of text in the VAB:
TKUjwLd.png

This happens with every part that got the ModuleConnectedLivingSpace.

14 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Out of curiosity, but am I the only one with this issue?

@Gordon DryYou might be.

I have CLS on 1.5.1 and only get one block of CLS info in the VAB. As far as I can tell CLS works normally in 1.5.1. Have you looked in the ModuleManager.ConfigCache to verify that there is only one CLS module added to each of your parts? 

@Gordon Dry Do you have any mods that are supposed to modify the information displayed in those the VAB part tooltips? Did it start recently or has it been there since you updated to 1.5.1? I'm not seeing the problem and I know you run a lot of mods with custom patches, so I don't really have any idea what it could be. 

13 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Papa_Joe: I've sent a PR with a few fixes: CLS now updates properly when a hatch is opened or closed and multiple docking ports on a part are supported (and ModuleDockingHatch is generally cleaner).

Thanks!  I saw the pr pop up. I'll look at it this evening US Pacific time.

Hello, i have had a minor problem with CLS.
All the parts i am using for a subassembly are passable in the VAB but somehow (moving some part around probably) a few became impassable and i didn't realized it until i was in flight.. i am trying to use KML to edit the config but still the CLS does not "extend" to the parts in question..
The same subassembly in the VAB simply needed to reattach the parts in question to be fully passable, so it was a "bug" of the subassembly.
There is a way to change the CLS inflight?
Otherwise i have to deorbit the subassembly and relaunch another one =( the Kermanity!!
(the problem occurred beetween the octocore of USII and an adapter from SSPR.. but i have those same modules on the same vessel who are working just fine.. sooo)

p.s. i think Jeb created an impassable wall with empty snacks box and didn't told me

ERRATA CORRIGE: i cried wolf too soon; meddling in the config and rebooting corrected the issue:lol:

Edited by Krastynio

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taniwha, that would be very much appreciated. :D 

I've been using "allow unrestricted transfers" rather than just uninstalling since I wanted to make sure I was still building out of parts that were passable, for when it was working properly again. I didn't know you could force it to update by exiting and re-boarding though. Thanks for pointing that out, Tonka!

Actually, I can't get that to work. However, the next time any changes are made like docking/undocking or decoupling, that seems to force an update to whatever was already connected.

For instance, on this test rig I made while trying to work out the details of the bug so I could report it (which turned out to be unnecessary), it starts with a command pod, two docking ports coupled together, and another crewed part with a third docking port on top. Then there's a framework going up to a decoupler holding another capsule with a docking port just above it, so that when decoupled, the slight fall brings the two unmated ports together. If I close the hatches which start out coupled together before firing the decoupler, the result is three separate living spaces. Boarding and exiting any of the pods doesn't seem to do anything. But then if I decouple the ports that start out attached (after opening both hatches on the newly docked parts), then the two sections still attached to each other finally merge into one space.

Still easier to just use the unrestricted transfers option for now though.

Edited by Tallinu
Correction

Ok, I have done up an unofficial build. Note that it is a zip of CLS from my working KSP directory, so it might not be quite pristine, but that should be limited to cls_settings.dat and the main dll (of course). I have not touched CLSInterfaces.dll at all, so I hope it still works

Download patched CLS

my github fork

Edited by taniwha

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, wat4_dor said:

The СКAN says that the latest version of the mod 1.4.9

It really doesn't matter what CKAN says, CKAN doesn't really know. It's "compatbile" mods are based on a text file the mod maker included the last time the mod was updated. This has little to do with what versions of KSP the mod will actually work with. Last time I looked I have mods from 1.4.1 running fine on 1.7. 

Since 1.4 most mods will work with the latest versions of KSP. There are exceptions: Kopernicus has a unique release for each KSP version and KSP 1.7 did break a handful of mods like KAS, KPBS and Wind Tunnel. It's usually safe to assume mods are compatible with new KSP versions unless you see problems and the forum thread is filling up with people claiming the mod is broken.