"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

I love this series. Thanks for the read! :)
Thanks Jon and everyone else who commented, glad to have you aboard!

- - - Updated - - -

Ever hear of 'Barrett's Privateers'?

I have not, but I'll be sure to look them up for useful references :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think "tour:" determines whether its a tourist or not.

Darn it, that's much less interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

And this will conclude the Interlude. Things are going a bit slow as I really am managing all the other ship movements and Hummlebee at the same time, but everything is just about in place and we should be back with Chapter 5 in a few days.

HSS35Bk.png

Tcqg03g.png

So yes, it turned out Clauselle was the best fit--we needed an engineer, and there really wasn't anyone more experienced around. I hope mes amis francophones enjoy--and don't worry, she will not be speaking French the whole time. Just enough, I hope, for a bit of couleur.

Edited by Kuzzter

Clauselle is so cute! She with her french really reminds me of my french lessons at school :P. Please, I want to hear more french from her! Also, good luck, Dilsby! Don't take that debris joke too serious!

Edit:

Mort looks so sad! Really, I think Mortimer just wants the space program concentrate on launching sounding rockets. This greedy super capitalist is alway sad when we launch a mission for more than 20k kerbux.

Edited by ZentroCatson

No wonder Mort looks oldest of all Kerbals we've seen - considering how much some programs are spending, he should be like...900 :D On the inside of course. Also, every time Clauselle says something in French, the rest of the crew should be like "What?", forcing her to translate for them (and readers that can understand only languages belonging to slavic and german groups ;) )

Pas mal pour un début :) Mais je l'aurais plutôt vue dire "Zut alors, quelle accélération !" ;)

Peut-être la 'tite chou parle une patois, comme moi? Au moins, elle ne dit pas "m**de", hien? :D

Pas mal pour un début :) Mais je l'aurais plutôt vue dire "Zut alors, quelle accélération !" ;)

You're right of course--merci, will change!

ETA: done

- - - Updated - - -

Peut-être la 'tite chou parle une patois, comme moi? Au moins, elle ne dit pas "m**de", hien? :D
Peut être, but any patois is entirely unintentional. I do expect Clauselle to drop a few m-bombes at some point--hopefully I won't get in trouble for that :)

- - - Updated - - -

I want to decrease the abundancy of ore in the solar system. How can I do that?

Drill, baby. Drill.

Edited by Kuzzter

Also, every time Clauselle says something in French, the rest of the crew should be like "What?", forcing her to translate for them (and readers that can understand only languages belonging to slavic and german groups ;) )
Yes,thanks for pointing that out Scotius--I really do want everyone coming here to get all the jokes, and I know that Romance languages aren't the first or second group for a lot of you. I'll do my best to limit any non-English speech to easy cognates (I felt safe with "accélération") and hopefully obvious-from-context exclamations like "Zut alors!". I suppose my goal is to make is so that anyone fluent in English can understand all that's going on, but if you have some French there is a little Easter egg there for you sometimes.

This BTW is half the reason I am for the most part relying to French posts in English... (the other half, of course, is that I am not really fluent--just ask Jesrad :) ) I don't want to leave anyone out of the fun.

Peut être, but any patois is entirely unintentional. I do expect Clauselle to drop a few m-bombes at some point--hopefully I won't get in trouble for that :)

Given that the "m-bombe" is the most common word in conversational French, I doubt any native French-speaker would bat an eye, and few others would get the meaning :cool:. In an English-speaking forum, it's no worse than calling somebody a steatopygous coprophage. As long as it sounds fancy, it doesn't matter what the meaning is :sticktongue:.

Regardez! Je peux en français ! Je suis en utilisant Google translate, afin excuser ma mauvaise traduction. :)

Voila un nouveau patois. And where I live, that's probably perfectly correct in some neighborhood :).

In my neck of the woods, there are 6 or 8 diiferent dialects of patois French within easy reach and as many others a few hours drive away. Many of them are mutually unintelligible in their rules of pronounciation, grammar, and sentence structure, and their inclusion of different loan words from many different European, African, and Indian sources, which may or may not have been filtered through some other European language first due to changes in local colonial government back in the day. As I grew up speaking English but still had to communicate with all my neighbors, so my own very limited command of so-called "French" is an unholy almalgam of all this chaos, more of an inter-patois pidgin than a real dialect. I can make myself understood by most locals, Québécois, and even Walons, but I've made tourists from France break down in tears at the abuse I inflict on their language :D.

Sans soucie et tres jolie, que tu fais me beaucoup plait :kiss:.

Very glad you enjoy it, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

One of these days, after one too many aerobatic maneuver someone is going to lose his cookies into Jeb's lap. It will be a glorious day for every non-pilot geek in the Multiverse :D

Lisa's done so in the past; she's a bit more used to flying with Jeb now, but no guarantee she won't do it again :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just read the whole thing. Good read, laughed a few times.

Great! Fortunately/unfortunately this is everyone's chance to catch up or re-read the story...I am in the woods of upstate NY for the weekend and while I do get a phone signal I will not be playing ksp or making any more pages until Monday!

Yay, relax.

I am recovering too from a RL accident, i slipped while working in the Wood and feel on my backhead (... ) some months ago.

Beware of crazy cats, i assume you have also some wildlife in that regions. Lynxses and ...- i dont know the name... smaller than bears, they hang their preys up in the trees...

have a good time :)

Yay, relax.

I am recovering too from a RL accident, i slipped while working in the Wood and feel on my backhead (... ) some months ago.

Beware of crazy cats, i assume you have also some wildlife in that regions. Lynxses and ...- i dont know the name... smaller than bears, they hang their preys up in the trees...

have a good time :)

You mean these?

iNaRSNE.jpg

OMG?

no, this (did not knew before this is called Wolverine in english?... thanks! )

440px-Wolverine_on_rock.jpg

We call it Rasva Maha (Fat belly) or Ahma, they are quit rare and the females can get higly (extremly...) outrageous when entering their territory while they rise up kids. Encountering them can get utter disturbing, i have seen some and they are terrifying, totally horrible at night, the only thing i really fear in my life.

Oh, i think we should not fill KUZZTERS Thread with offtopics, forgive me please :blush:...

Edited by Mikki
just learned something, Ahma explain, oh....

I'm back! Did you miss me? :D Was not eaten by rasva maha or anything else; did nearly step on a skunk on my way to relieve myself in the middle of the night, but the two of us were able to back away from each other without incident.

And here's a few more pages getting us to the very elusive Craters biome--don't blame me for the following, you the readers asked for it!

dg5mW1N.png

yFuBCsd.png

24mzg9m.png

Edited by Kuzzter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.